• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Thanks for the complement.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Where are the fans on GateWorld? Why is every folder so quiet and dead? No new posts have been made in fan fiction folder for 3 weeks ?! No thread for WonderCon... This fandom started to ascend from here as well.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Where are the fans on GateWorld? Why is every folder so quiet and dead? No new posts have been made in fan fiction folder for 3 weeks ?! No thread for WonderCon... This fandom started to ascend from here as well.
        Another reason MGM should make more Stargate. Love it or hate it, Origins was a boom for Gateworld.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I've got some older fanfiction material backlogged somewhere, but if there is no potential to get it out there in at least some semi-official form, I'd rather spend my time on my own IP (considering I want to turn my hobby into my work, fanfiction won't provide a living, obviously)

That said, I was writing a screenplay (comic script) for a retelling of the original Abydos mission (aka, a remake of the original film), to better fit the continuity of SG-1. And I did some extensive worldbuilding around it in order to explain some idiosyncrasies, add it some easter eggs, and make it fit properly in the TV canon. By a staggering coincidence, I titled it "Stargate: Origins", because it was the origins of the entire franchise in the real world, and the Stargate Program in-universe. But I guess MGM had other ideas of what would be the origin story (Indiana Jones and the Door to Heaven, but without Indiana Jones).

Comment

I have to admit that my rewatch has suffered a bit of a setback as well... due to personal reasons, and technical, but there's only so much that can be said and repeated about a show that's been off the air for more than a decade.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So just copy/paste your previous comments & add a Jgsaw.
              Or just post jigsaws, I am getting withdrawal symptoms
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I have to admit that my rewatch has suffered a bit of a setback as well... due to personal reasons, and technical, but there's only so much that can be said and repeated about a show that's been off the air for more than a decade.
                Exactly. We have talked almost about everything what was worth of mentioning.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  So just copy/paste your previous comments & add a Jgsaw.
                  Or just post jigsaws, I am getting withdrawal symptoms
                  Must be remedied... If all goes well, there shall be a continuation forthcoming.

I moved my entire Rewatch folder from my laptop to my tablet/PC so as to not have to move between the two (the audio of my laptop is on the fritz) so external drive bought to play DVD's on my tablet/PC but then personal reasons happened and stargate was literally the last thing on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Infinity S2?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

You can make a Babylon 5, FarScape, BattleStarGalactica or even complete Star Trek rewatch... It will take ages.

Comment

You can make a Babylon 5, FarScape, BattleStarGalactica or even complete Star Trek rewatch... It will take ages.
                        Never seen Babylon 5 so that wouldn't be a rewatch.

Farscape -- started one, never finished.
                        BSG -- new series. Might be an idea.

A complete Star Trek watch... that hasn't occured to me. Then again, I never like DS9 so I'd totally skip that. Never seen the original, started with The Next Generation (learned English that way -- thank you Data). Did a rewatch of Voyager not so long ago.

But there are a lot of shows I haven't seen that I'd love to visit.

Comment

Do a first watch of DS9 FH. I command you
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Do a first watch of DS9 FH. I command you
                            DS9 is a fantastic series. I don't like all of it, but overall it captures the spirit of ST with the reality on the fringes of Federation space.
                            I prefer B5, simply because the philosophical aspects are more front and centre, but that's purely personal preference.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You will love BSG. FS is really good, but the main story starts only in season 2-3. Same goes with Babylon 5. First season is just a setup, but then the episodes are getting more and more connected and then it feels like a really good novel. Honestly, all 3 shows are mandatory for any scifi fan.

Comment

I'm in luck as far as Star Trek goes... all of it is available on Netflix.

BSG & FS, I have on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X