No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What amuses me mostly is that nobody seemed bothered to check the Greek and Egyptian names for the gods the Goa'uld depict. Isis = Aset -- in mythology they are one and the same.

One of the main issues with Origins that I have, is the matter of the goddess used. In SG-1 canon she's at the bottom of the Atlantic with her husband Osiris, and not on Abydos being mother to a forbidden child (which I'm fairly sure they wanted us to believe to be Horus -- not to be mistaken with Heru'ur who is Horus the Elder).

In any case, someone checking the continuity, and where everything fits in the timeline of things, could make sure there's little to no confusion as to what goes where. Or simply keeps track of what has come before or after any event.

But meh... not that invested, they are.

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    But it would cost money, so it will never happen. (Anything that costs money is vetoed by default, I figure.)
    Oh darn... always with the money...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      But it would cost money, so it will never happen. (Anything that costs money is vetoed by default, I figure.)
      Well, everything costs money. Even the SuperFan Panel costs money (the 9 members will have a three-day paid trip to LA after all). Stargate Command costs money, even Stargate Origins cost money. So they are willing to spend something, no matter how [ahem] "crappy" it is.

Comment

That is the reason they couldn't afford the 10th winner, so they could spare 250 dollars...

FH: The episode briefing said something that Aset was a clone of Isis. But why? How? Has Ra opened her canopus jar to clone her then he has put her back? Or has he made a copy of her on his ship before their imprisonment? And not to mention that cloning was rather an Asgard technology, what even later Anubis got when he probed Thor's mind then it was inherited by Ba'al to make his own clones. So I am guessing no Goa'uld Systemlord had that technology before. They could have chosen any other unused Egyptian goddess (like Maat).

movie03_2310.JPG

- This application offers many pleasures, gaters. Pleasures I intend to NOT share with you.
        - Not good enough.

https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=fb920687
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          FH: The episode briefing said something that Aset was a clone of Isis.
          Which unfortunately is a poor excuse, realizing after the fact that Isis and Aset are the same goddess and that SG-1 canon dictates the canopic jar which held the Goa'uld in stasis was lost in the Atlantic.

To me it looks like someone didn't do their homework, both on Ancient Egyptian religion and on Stargate television lore. The second I can forgive (just), the first not so much (Isis, after all, was the mother of Horus).

And as far as cloning goes, what reason would Ra have had to clone a Goa'uld. Plenty of parasites around to assume the name Aset/Isis and take her place among his court. Of course, she'd still be lacking her memories and knowledge which cannot be cloned. Unless ... Ra's first host was of Asgard origin, he might have had the knowledge how to clone both body and mind. That's the only explanation -- if you really want one.

But basically, for me, it's just poor research.

Comment

I like you Asgard connection idea. He could have cloned her hundreds or thousands of years ago, so maybe that was the reason she has got a new name. Just it is unlogical as so have written as well, if dozens of underlord have served Ra, then why would he be bothered to clone someone who had betrayed him in the past? Maybe he wanted something from her memory, but it is just forced explanation for a plothole which could have been avoided.

^^^ We are worried too mcuh about a fictional character's fictional past.

I am still at home as I have hurt my back a few days ago and I am still planning what to do. So I have returned to the SG:C, but somehow the enthusiasm has gone. I don't care about the contest anymore, just I have a feeling that every time I post something I support something what has betrayed the fans. I know it sounds a bit confusing feeling, because I really like to post and to entertain the community, but a little bell is just ringing nonstoply that I am just being "used" even if nobody forced me to post. No response, nothing.

The best troll step would be if I could fly to L. A. to attend to Wondercon as a guest. :evil ideas: I don't expect anything from that event. The chosen Superfans have not even bothered to introduce themselves on the application to say hi or anything. Their videos are private on Tongal. So it is a bad omen already. And if anything could be announced I doubt that they will do it in a shared booth at a random con. So that is the sad reality that no announcement is coming.

By the way it is worth of following the FaceBook site of SG:C as they regularly posts small videos and occasionally smaller articles from the feed. I don't know the logic behind it, but I am guessing it is part of their advertisement plan that what if more people pay for their service. But if somebody liked their FB page, then probably they know about it anyway. Strange.
            Last edited by Platschu; 10 March 2019, 01:22 PM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

^^^ We are worried too mcuh about a fictional character's fictional past.
              That's what superfans do -- except that's not MGM's definition of a superfan apparently. They should have been more clear about it, that they were actually looking for more unpaid consultants to do the work for them.

I am still at home as I have hurt my back a few days ago and I am still planning what to do. So I have returned to the SG:C, but somehow the enthusiasm has gone. I don't care about the contest anymore, just I have a feeling that every time I post something I support something what has betrayed the fans. I know it sounds a bit confusing feeling, because I really like to post and to entertain the community, but a little bell is just ringing nonstoply that I am just being "used" even if nobody forced me to post. No response, nothing.
              To be perfectly honest, I think you should give them the middle finger (it's what I did). If you're looking for some form of recognition, you're not going to find it there. Not from any "official" people anyway.

The best troll step would be if I could fly to L. A. to attend to Wondercon as a guest. :evil ideas: I don't expect anything from that event.
              LOL! Would be hilarious.
              But hey, you could go to their party (which is organized by Legion M without a doubt).

The chosen Superfans have not even bothered to introduce themselves on the application to say hi or anything. Their videos are private on Tongal. So it is a bad omen already. And if anything could be announced I doubt that they will do it in a shared booth at a random con. So that is the sad reality that no announcement is coming.
              Stargate Guy on twitter announced he won to his followers, and so did NerdyNovelty (Sonia Melinkoff), or at least someone congratulated her. The Children of MacGuyver announced Bra'zat's winning on their Facebook page. The rest of them, I don't know, and honestly don't care about. Considering where they all are from, bar Bra'zat, the panel is meant to give more content to 6 countries, not to the community.

Perhaps they are forbidden from coming in to say anything, or they haven't been told what their jobs will be for the next year. Or they have already fallen in step with the Command line -- communication, what communication?

I don't expect much from this panel. In fact, I expect to continue being ignore from all sides. Only 6 countries are going to gain from this, the rest are tossed aside yet again. Bra'zat alone won't fix that.

By the way it is worth of following the FaceBook site of SG:C as they regularly posts small videos and occasionally smaller articles from the feed. I don't know the logic behind it, but I am guessing it is part of their advertisement plan that what if more people pay for their service. But if somebody liked their FB page, then probably they know about it anyway. Strange.
              Their Facebook page works like their twitter -- they post stuff. Tell people to go to the app to watch more and conveniently leave out all traces that all-access is only available for 6 countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                To be perfectly honest, I think you should give them the middle finger (it's what I did). If you're looking for some form of recognition, you're not going to find it there. Not from any "official" people anyway.
                If you check the first comments of quiz 551-555 you will understand why I have posted them. It is funny that nobody found out "553" - Teyla said "You are all so pathetic." in that scene. 555 - is about their ego.

Or I could have used this Methos quote from Highlander : "Just because I don't like to fight, doesn't mean I can't."

I am guessing they don't feel the need to talk to us or it is already forbidden or they don't want to ruin their participitation to Wondercon. I don't know. But if they are Superfans and not SuperAdvertisingFans then they should ask the fandom what we would like to ask from the leadership. So I expect some kind of answers after their first official con, but maybe they won't be allowed to talk about it.

Comment

But if they are Superfans and not SuperAdvertisingFans then they should ask the fandom what we would like to ask from the leadership. So I expect some kind of answers after their first official con, but maybe they won't be allowed to talk about it.
                  LOL!!

Well, if they are not supposed to represent the community, wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the panel as it was presented.

Comment

They could definitely use that.
                    As long as it doesn't turn out more feminist influenced (which isn't needed, damned one of the best characters - beloved by most fans - on the original show is a freaking women, not to mention that a lot of background characters (Cadet Hailey, Dr. Fraiser, Cassandra, Dr. Lam, Vala etc.) are also women) stuff like 'Stargate: Origins' (seriously, Dr. Langford as "Indiana Jones"? Damned, WHY?)?

Yeah, over all a group of continuity guardians would be a great thing - as would be more Stargate (but this time - please - a little more realistic (technology doesn't get lost again all the time, like when SG-1 got their hands on a Goa'uld ship of any kind and never manages to hang on to that!), please and less plot-armor...they should have for example given us the "anti-staff" insert for the plate-carriers of the SG-Teams a lot sooner, to make it clear that they survive staff-hits because of that - not because the writers said so!) in general

ps: They should also not discard the canon as easily ("The Stargate has only been opened once (Ernest Littlefield!) before Jack O'Neill, Daniel etc. went through in the movie!" - Yeah, right! Origins discards that!) IMHO!
                    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 12 March 2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Which unfortunately is a poor excuse, realizing after the fact that Isis and Aset are the same goddess and that SG-1 canon dictates the canopic jar which held the Goa'uld in stasis was lost in the Atlantic.

(...)

But basically, for me, it's just poor research.
                      I remember discussing that on the SG:C App back when Origins was airing. I had guessed that the reason for using Aset instead of Isis is simply because of Daesh, the armed terrorist group.

They probably didn't want to give them extra publicity. SG already has its share of extremists (Anti-SGU armed group)
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Daesh? What is that?!

I believe Ra has given her a new "identity", so the clone-Isis became Aset. Maybe he wanted to hide her from the other Goa'uld. Just it is not logical why would he bother about her? Not to mention that if she has given birth to a Harsiesis, then she must have cheated him with an other Goa'uld who has got a male host. Anyway it doesn't matter now as the events were erased and our timeline restored.

Other smaller continuity error, that the Goa'uld who stabbed Yu in Reckoning was called Serquet. Her name was not said in the show and the fans could find it out from an auctioned version of the script. So maybe she has changed her host in the last 50-60 years, but two Goa'uld were the same. It is not that important fact, just I wanted to mention it.

(And a mini fan fiction... I believed I said it before, if Serquet symbol was a scorpion then maybe she was part of the Linvris Goa'uld group which was poisoned by Ma'chello in season 3. So if that event happened after the Origins then she can't be in Reckoning then...)
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serket

Comment

Daesh? What is that?!
                          ISIS. As in the Islamic State militant group. Daesh is a somewhat more derogatory term for them. If only because in Arabic the word does apply to them but in a more negative tone so for mainly PR reasons they are very much against it. Personally I much prefer that term because it is a) using the Arabic language and the Arabic speaking nations are the ones most under threat by ISIS. b) doesn’t refer to Islam, a faith which they frankly do not belong in. and c) it ticks them off.

Anyway... Back to the thread. (I feel like I’ve been doing a lot of educating today.)
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I see. So it is some kind of weird synonym of that military group, what I have never heard about it. Thank you, Doctor.

They should have used an other rebelling goddess for Origin, it could have been much easier for everyone.

They have put a teaser video about the fan favorites on the FB site of SG:C, but nothing was on the feed yet. What is the logic behind it? That they start to promote something what is not on their app...

Comment

I see. So it is some kind of weird synonym of that military group, what I have never heard about it. Thank you, Doctor.
                              Daesh or ISIL.

They have put a teaser video about the fan favorites on the FB site of SG:C, but nothing was on the feed yet. What is the logic behind it? That they start to promote something what is not on their app...
                              Because there are people on Facebook who aren't on the app yet (conveniently leaving out the 6-country limit of course).

Also, noticed yesterday Brazat is no longer all-access, but a regular airman.
                              And suddenly active on the message feed, same as Stargate Guy who hasn't been seen since before the Original Gater renewels.

Comment

They should get their own title on the application as "Superfan". It would be simple and elegant.

I am guessing they are the two Superfans who we count on or something. And even Bra'tat is advertising his own "business", while Stargate Guy looks enthusiastic, but it is also an advertising platform for his own YouTube channel. At least they are prodiving something for the fans what others haven't. Bra'tat shared a link for their fan movie as well. The other seven were not bothered to show up directly on the message board. Only NerdyNovelty or whatever her name is just commented an emoticon after my United Kingdom comment. Anyway it looks like the buzz has gone and we can turn off the lights on the app....

Comment

Working...
                                X