No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. They could have given 5-6 weeks for themselves, but if they are ready earlier then they could have announced the winner earlier. I am guessing they are in a hurry if they really want to make the winner travel to L. A. in March. Why do they think that everybody can go there anytime they are whistling? At least they should have revealed the date when they are planning to meet with the winners, so every candidate could have been asked nicely to not make any program for that weekend.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Exactly. They could have given 5-6 weeks for themselves, but if they are ready earlier then they could have announced the winner earlier. I am guessing they are in a hurry if they really want to make the winner travel to L. A. in March. Why do they think that everybody can go there anytime they are whistling? At least they should have revealed the date when they are planning to meet with the winners, so every candidate could have been asked nicely to not make any program for that weekend.
      And made sure that they could get all the necessary travel arrangements in order (i.e. passport), and get leave from work.

Comment

Assuming that winners are from anywhere but the USA (or Canada) -- because I wouldn't put it passed them to "rig" it so only they were chosen as it's easiest for those to make travel arrangements for.

Yes, I have a very low opinion of MGM/Stargate Command -- why do you ask?

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Assuming that winners are from anywhere but the USA (or Canada) -- because I wouldn't put it passed them to "rig" it so only they were chosen as it's easiest for those to make travel arrangements for.

Yes, I have a very low opinion of MGM/Stargate Command -- why do you ask?

Which is why we need our best men on the inside. Reetoo style.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Which is why we need our best men on the inside. Reetoo style.
            We have our best men -- trained them myself... ...they're gonna smash it (all they have to do is get in).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We have our best men -- trained them myself... ...they're gonna smash it (all they have to do is get in).
              Shhhh........we don't want them to know (Bruce) Banner is on the team. But seriously.....I hope we'll get some real info soon. But I'm not counting on it. MGM simply doesn't care about Stargate franchise, nor the fans. They will (probably) find a way to frak everybody who entered the contest over.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

*Give FH a club membership pass.* And I'll second that.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I think we should not get our hopes up just yet, I know we have been subjected to an extensive history of setbacks and disappointments, yet if you recall, the good guys always prevail because our cause is just.

Therefore, I invite you all to meditate under the bright moon, inhale and exhale deeply while moving your head forwards and backwards, and repeat after me:

''Chakaaaaa''
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Too bad... there's no delay coming today... and I was getting excited for a minute there...

[sarcasm off]

Yay! About 30 minutes left until the official announcement (on SGC)!!!

Comment

Whoohahahaha... oh, my God, I'm laughing my ass off.

Out of the 9 (not 10) panel members five are American and only one is from a country currently without All Access (France). The rest are from the UK, Germany, and Australia. So that's 7 from native English-speaking countries, and only two from non-English countries.

So, what part of that is "international" and "representative" of the Stargate fandom?

BIG EDIT: Okay, I deleted a very big flame part of this topic, because I just checked my e-mail. They were apparently impressed with my artwork and want to reach out for opportunities.

I should really calm myself down and think things through before just blurting out stuff.

There was something quite hilarious though, with the official results from Tongal. Apparently I was a finalist, and I received an automated congratulatory email. But I didn't win anything, so it was somewhat hurtful . Still, I congratulate those who won.
                      Last edited by NickEast; 06 March 2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

So....they picked the members of the panel. But this is where this soup sticks to the spoon....will they actually DO anything with the panel's suggestions/ideas? If I was a betting man, my money would be on no. (They'll simply ignore them or find some other way to frak them over.)
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Awarded videos can be watched here as well:
                          https://tongal.com/project/StargateS...l/#/tab-awards

I don't know what to say. I officially congratulated, but I am really-really sad and disappointed. I knew that out 71 people the other 61 will be sad at the end, just I believed I had a chance if they check how much creative energies, efforts and time I have put into their app what can not be explained in 3 minutes. I believe it is time to move on from Stargate : Command, so I plan to suspend all my activity there. I will be on holiday anyway for weeks. Maybe it sounds a bit childish or my own sadness and disappointment talks instead of me, but simply I can't do more for this franchise and this community. I have spent at least 5-10 working hours weekly to make quizzes, fun, buzz on SG:C for months long before this contest and it looks it was still not good enough. As the Hungarians says "don't run after a coach car which is not intend to pick you up". So I try to maintain my last remain of my dignity, so I would like to see now what they can do without me. The diplomatic answer would be I can let other fans shine now. It was time to wake up from my SG illusion that I can make any difference with any spinoff ideas or app suggestions. We should have invested all these wasted energies into our own scifi projects as there are so many clever and blessed people are here. I will stay on GateWorld and you can also find me on FaceBook if you send me a PM. Especially FH, NickEast and Chaka-Z0, because I believe you are the true awards of this whole contest for me. Such people who supported me, trusted me, encouraged me and who could talk here bravely about something deeply personal problems, I will never forget such trust and it was a privilage to talk to you guys. Kree.
                          Last edited by Platschu; 06 March 2019, 12:47 PM.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I feel ya. I actually had to edit my last post several times. There were so many different feelings that I just ranted so much about how angry I was, and then ultimately settled down and realized that once again I spoke before thinking.

In the end, I am happy for the people that won, and very disappointed that I didn't (which I am always very honest about).

Then there was the personal email from the team. I don't know if you, @Platschu, or any other participant, received other emails, so I don't want to sound patronizing or arrogant, but I'm happy that there may be another opportunity for me to become involved. I'm still skeptical, of course for what I feel is a good reason, but will eagerly await any response.

----

There's also something I mentioned on the Tongal forum. There's a theory that the right halve of our brain is focused on creativity and emotion, and the left halve on logic and reasoning. For me, the right halve also focuses on imagination and optimism, the dreaming part, and the left halve on realism and pessimism, the "real world" part. So that creates an effect that even if I assume I will never amount to anything, there is still a part of me that dreams that something will happen. So on the one hand I knew I could never win this contest, on the other hand I still believed that I would.

Sadly, that also means that I will keep refreshing my email to wait for a response. It's pathetic I know, but it's a bad habit that really can't change

Comment

I have checked my emails and nothing. Not even a thank you or something... Probably I will calm down as I have posted an edited version of the previous comment now on the SG:C as well. I am happy for you and hopefully it will be a great opportunity for you to show your talent. I am also happy to see every winners, so I didn't want to ruin the party, but I would like to mention that I believed this contest was about the feelings, the invested job, not how many DVDs, cosplay or flags have they got. Or when they started to advertise their own channels... But anyway if I am not needed than I am not needed. You know, I am a humble person as I believed my actions will talk for me, so I wish every fan would have done so much for the Stargate brand what I have done in the last 20-22 years.

Then they have chosen only 9 and not 10 winners. Meh. Not even nicknames or anything. I have meet only with "Stargate Guy" on the YouTube before, so he has deserved to be in the top10. We will see how the other 8 will perform.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 06 March 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                I have checked my emails and nothing. Not even a thank you or something... Probably I will calm down as I have posted an edited version of the previous comment now on the SG:C as well. I am happy for you and hopefully it will be a great opportunity for you to show your talent. I am also happy to see every winners, so I didn't want to ruin the party, but I would like to mention that I believed this contest about the feelings, the invested job, not how many DVDs, cosplay or flags have they got. But anyway if I am not needed than I am not needed. You know, I am a humble person as I believed my actions will talk for me, so I wish every fan would have done so much for the Stargate brand what I have done in the last 20-22 years.

Then they have chosen only 9 and not 10 winners. Meh.
                                Indeed. I felt exactly the same way when I saw (part of) the video. It seemed that it was more about the "nerdy" side of the fandom, rather than those who would seriously invest their skills to make Stargate better. But who knows. Maybe even you will have a chance at some point. Don't sell yourself out. Just walk away for a bit, enjoy your holiday, and come back. We won't leave; I definitely won't.

I don't know if you had seen it before I deleted it in my post, but I was so angry and disappointed at that particular time right after the announcement that I said I was permanently done with Stargate, and somewhat jokingly said I would burn my DVDs. Then I calmed down and realized that I didn't think it through.

One final note, this isn't something that I remember being mentioned anywhere; it was stated in the personal email to me; but it seems the Panel is not permanent, but rather with rotating members. So it's possible that they will pick new members next year. They may also change the Panel at their own discretion, adding/removing/switching members.

Comment

Working...
                                X