MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
    And @FalconHorus: animation doesn't have to be 2D. If it was 3D animated, like the aforementioned Star Wars The Clone Wars and Rebels, then they would still have to make "sets". They would just be 3D environments, like in the games.
    I was thinking of concept drawings, not really the 2D kind. I immediately think in 3D cause that's where I dabbled myself.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Grrrr. @iaw84u is right, the clock has gone up to 26 hours now. It is getting more snd more ridicolous that they can't keep the deadlines and they had to postpone it three times now while they had 4 weeks to analyse 71 videos. You know it is not fair that they are playing these mind games with the most loyal SG fans all around the world who dared to open up to talk about the love and care of the SG franchise in spite of every lie and false promise as most of us really wants to help them. Honestly I started to question my faith of the whole long term meaning of this project after Friday, just I have managed to convince myself they won't do such things with 71 people. And now they have just done it. Again. It is a disgrace, sorry. By the way... The original plan was that they reveal the winners here on the SG:C then later on Tongal. I am sure they are working on it. :/

"Making my own stargate" moment was when I imagined new stargate networks. Maybe that what artists should do instead of making the same old SGC, just make a new stargate with a new coloured chevrons and glyphs.

Sometimes I am wondering that all the energy what I have invested into Stargate in the last few months, maybe it should have been used to create my own little scifi franchise instead of extending someone else's fantasy. Maybe one day it will happen...
      Last edited by Platschu; 04 March 2019, 08:34 AM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Latest update :

Hey all - First off, I want to apologize for the delays here. I know it feels interminable (sorry Krys!) and I know it's such a tease when the announcement date keeps shifting. This should, however, be my last post on the forum before we announce. We've got some special things in store here, but the delays have also been a result of the legal due diligence we've had to do on all of the potential winners and their videos. I do not expect any more delays at this point.

Second, and importantly, the winners have NOT been notified, and will not be notified before Stargate Command announces, so if you haven't heard anything from us or from Stargate Command, that doesn't mean anything - and if you have heard from us, that doesn't necessarily mean anything either. Everyone's in the same boat, waiting for the same solar flare =P

I do not expect any more delays at this point, so I'll sign off and chime back in after the big news is out there. Stay tuned on Stargate Command's channels.
        https://tongal.com/project/StargateS...el/#/tab-forum
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Is that a good ol' we're working on it? You're going to need a new catchphrase when you guys are on the other side!
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I can't be bothered with command issues at the moment -- it's all in line with how they operate, have operated and will operate. It's unfortunate that several brave souls have to pay the price of their utter incompetence.

I very much want Platschu and NickEast to be among the lucky few because you guys deserve this honor.

Comment

Thanks. My bad feelings were right on Friday. Hopefully we will be surprised tomorrow and their big surprise will compensate the inconvinience what they have caused. Will RDA meet us? Will everone get a prize? Who knows? Just I still have a feeling that these are warning signs that Tongal won't be any better than SG:C. Sorry if I sounded negative, but trustworthiness is important factor for me and I don't like being fooled. We are good at waiting anyway, since we are waiting for a new SG project for years or the dreaded extension for 18+ months. Maybe the whole Superfan contest won't change anything if their attitude will remain the same. And not to mention that sometimes I forget this is only a tv show. We spend too much time on something where even the owners are not motivated to do anything, so even if we struggle to help them or how to improve their service, they will earn the money and not us. But we are still doing it as Stargate filled something in our heart what can not be bought for money. And that is the real meaning to be a fan of this franchise.

Comment

If MGM would treat the "Superfans" half as well as Lucasfilm treats the Star Wars superfans, MGM would still come up short.

But that's from my very subjective view considering the things I have been able to do thanks to Disney and Lucasfilm, and the rewards I gained from being a member of the Belgian Prop Crew, and the Star Wars fandom as a whole.

Comment

They did say that at least part of the reason of the delays were related to legal stuff, possibly regarding the background checks and other preparations. This is understandable, just a little tedious. But they should've anticipated this at least somewhat, so that they didn't have to resort to so many delays.

Of course, this is on top of all what happened within the past year, or, more accurately, what didn't happen. So it makes these delays all the more unbearable.

Comment

You can tell us what SW privilieges you get. Probably I will envy you, so don't hold yourself back and torture us with infos.

NickEast: I have seen you complained a little on the Tongal website. I have just done it here and on the SG:C forum. Maybe it was their final test. Hopefully I won't regret this whole contest as I am still a bit worried that all my FB aquitances and friends (non SG fans) will see my video. But who cares? I haven't said anything what I should be ashamed. I have briefly mentioned it to my brother my participitation as we have discussed my holiday plans then he has posted the Tongal link in my WinMessenger to prove it he has found it a few hours later. I don't know, it has felt a bit weird that he is following the events as well so even a little family pressure has risen as well.

I hve looked around on the Tongal and there are projects for 144000 dollars. Wow. Then the 2500$ feels nothing in comparsion to those.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 04 March 2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

You can tell us what SW privilieges you get. Probably I will envy you, so don't hold yourself back and torture us with infos.

NickEast: I have seen you complained a little on the Tongal website. I have just done it here and on the SG:C forum. Maybe it was their final test. Hopefully I won't regret this whole contest as I am still a bit worried that all my FB aquitances and friends (non SG fans) will see my video. But who cares? I haven't said anything what I should be ashamed. I have briefly mentioned it to my borther then he has posted the Tongal link in my WinMessenger to prove it he has found it. I don't know, it has felt a bit weird that he is following the events as well so even a little family pressure has risen as well.
                      I told my parents, simply to warn them that I was planning to shoot the video and because my father had to sign the location form (as the obvious owner of the house). But I avoid telling anyone else as I otherwise fear that I would get my hopes up too much. But I also wouldn't much care if people saw the video. I see it as a test to open up to others, to bypass my introverted nature and socialize more. That's also a major reason why I participated in the first place, to socialize more and "get out more".

Comment

Well, if you must know... ...there was the Millenium Falcon experience to promote the Solo film last year. We build that set, with the plans Disney provided us with -- basically the plans of the actual set of the film. We even got to use screenused parts to complete it.

Then there's the access we get to cast and crew, and attendance to nearly every Star Wars Celebration in the world, from the USA to Japan, and Europe. I had breakfast once next to Anthony Daniels, and had Warwick Davies apologize to me and a few others when his son, rather enthusiastically, nearly ran us over with his tricycle in our hotel in Germany.

Spend entire evenings with people from the Celebration organization talking about a whole plethora of things, only later being told I'd been casually chatting with one of the higher ups of Reed Pop and Lucasfilm. Okay... ("I didn't say anything stupid, now did I?")

Get to attend exclusive events, and build new props and sets to show of to the community and Disney, and the actors -- cause yes, our props and sets are nearly all autographed and that includes George Lucas' autograph on one of the legs of our AT-AT walker. The most precious leg in our possession, I might add. We joked about sanding it off once and nearly gave our group's president a heartattack -- never did that again.

Everything I get to do with Star Wars is because of Stargate. If I'd never gotten an interest in it, I would never have joined the Prop Crew, so by extension I should thank MGM for leading the way to Lucasfilm and Disney. Bloody hell, I even get to do more awesome things for Microsoft when they need my friend's Masterchief to attend gaming events (I doubt they quickly forgot the look I gave them when the PR-guy handed me the Halo 4 box and I asked him what for and he replied as a gift for helping out and I was like... "Really?!? -- For real?" ... like a kid in a candystore -- like Gollum and his ring, "My precious!").

I haven't felt that kind of love from MGM in the nearly 2 years now that Command has been in the picture -- nowhere near as close.

Next Celebration, for anyone interested, is in Chicago in April.
                        And both our Millenium Falcon sets will be represented (they are currently being shipped). And a surprise new build, even I don't know about, because due to circumstances (personal and family related) I never got around to signing the NDA for Disney and therefor didn't get a chance to help build it.

Comment

Hopefully I won't regret this whole contest as I am still a bit worried that all my FB aquitances and friends (non SG fans) will see my video.
                          Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                          But I avoid telling anyone else as I otherwise fear that I would get my hopes up too much.
                          Shiiite

*Hides trophies, balloons, corteges of Jelgate clowns and cakes*
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

*tries to get the confetti back into the box*

Comment

Their is only one Jelgate
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

FH: Thanks for the SW update. If we haven't hated you so far, now it is time to start. (I am kidding, we love you!)

Chaka-Z0: I belive we can talk freely here amongst other fans, but the outside world won't understand this passion. We should find a world for non-Stargate friends as muggles are describing non-wizards. Gatles? (Gateless?) Sinpors? (Sine portas = without gate in Latin) Wefruca? (Wraith fruit cake?) Okay.... I feel like McKay, I should NOT name anything.

We will see if we can party tonight, but I still have a feeling it will be postponed again.

An important philosophical question. How can it happen that everytime somebody mentions "jelgate", he is here immediately? He must read us frequently. o.O

Comment

Working...
                                X