No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends what type and quality of animations we could expect. I would still strongly suggest to watch the "game movie" of Uncharted The Lost Legacy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EtXq6jsyw
    This is now one of the top computer games, what really feels like a movie. But I am guessing the budget was at least 30-50+ million for this game...

I also love Mass Effect. I would strongly suggest to play it as it is one of the best scifi game from the last 10 years. It is a combination of FPS/RPG, but the characters, the races, the lore, the sound effects, the dialogues, the voice actors are built up so nicely that it really feel like you are playing in a middle of a scifi tv show. Even ME3 has cost 100 million dollars (!). This scifi world or the StarCraft would definately need a tv series adaption. I can't wait for the Diablo series, while Netflix makes the Witcher, Amazon will make the new LOTR (they paid 250 million dollars and they are planning 5 seasons). So fantasy/scifi fans will have a few good years. Netflix will continue the Star Trek show(s), the Lost in space and the Altered Carbon. DC and Marvel are withdrawn and probably will be moved for their own streaming company (like Disney or Hulu).

I am talking about these, because these shows will be the competitve for the next-gen SG. We are in a golden era of tv shows, where simply the big fishes will eat the small ones. I know even Netflix can make mistakes as not every shows are saved there forever, but since they have got such a huge budget to experiment, the other companies are washed up from the floor in this competition.

So if we want to make SG return and shine, then they really need an action plan how they want to build up the franchise, what aspects should be forced and advertised, what has worked, what hasn't worked. But sometimes I feel I am more concerned about it than the actual right owners and inventors. I wish I could be on the board as a "creative consultant" or like the next Kevin Feige, who could prove that Stargate still deserves the bronze medal after the SW and ST franchises. We have to believe in this project that the SG franchise can be saved, can be elevated, can be turned into financially successfull, can make ALL fans satisfy, who will loyaly wants more. Not to mention that the next SG movies / mini series / spinoffs could be still sold to international markets after streaming, because SG:C doesn't represent how much people love this franchise.

Less and less people watch DVDs, so SG:C should be considered as a "digital replacement" anyway, so it would be nice if they could upload all the DVD extras as a digital replacement. There are so many nice materials on the net as well, what should be considered to added or linked on their website. I don't expect to make a new database, because the wikipedia is already there, but for example they should really upload the episode transcripts (like on the stargate-solutions), so fans could find references and quotes. They should upload the promotional photos of every episodes to have a database what they fans can access. They should upload smaller interactive games (like puzzles, hangman). They should deal with the split up part of the franchise: novels, audiobooks, comics, cancelled SG games, RPG books, Stargate : Infinity are all shared between other companies and MGM, but it doesn't mean they couldn't find a legal way to share some part of it as an advertisement on SG:C. They should support and collect fan art, fan fiction, virtual fan series, cosplay groups etc. Maybe some files of the cancelled SG games could be shared with such fan groups who would like to develop an FPS game (imagine if the Stargate Network could get the dialogues of the cancelled Alliance game etc.), but I know it can't happen for legal reasons.
    Last edited by Platschu; 27 February 2019, 01:44 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Less and less people watch DVDs...
      I just bought an external DVD-drive and of I had exactly 2 choices for buying -- the others were temporarily sold out.

I still want a hard copy -- digital is so easy to loose. One harddrive crash or hacked account and it's gone. They rarely have extras or audiocommentaries so nope... if it's only digital, this one's not sticking around for it.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Of course I want to keep the physical copies (DVD or Bluerays), but the SG:C should be equivalent resource, so if somebody pays for the digital service then they can watch any werkfilm or DVD extra online as well. If they have got the resources, then why do they not upload the full SG experience for fans? That is the reason, I would still campaign for subtitles and other languages as well, so if they can not provide a new live action material for year 2 at least they should make these extras be watachable on SG:C.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I thought they added the extras already -- which are also available on YouTube for all to see.

Comment

Nope. Nothing. Just the movies and the shows. No DVD extras, just the new extras.

I also plan to write a big list of glitches of the PC/mobile/tablet version of SG:C then everybody could add their own problems and suggestions. I don't expect to be sorted them out, but I have to deal with such things as a Superfan wannabe.

Comment

I also plan to write a big list of glitches of the PC/mobile/tablet version of SG:C then everybody could add their own problems and suggestions. I don't expect to be sorted them out, but I have to deal with such things as a Superfan wannabe.
              Indeed you do... ...and the list is gonna be long, I reckon'.

Comment

It depends what type and quality of animations we could expect. I would still strongly suggest to watch the "game movie" of Uncharted The Lost Legacy:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EtXq6jsyw
                This is now one of the top computer games, what really feels like a movie. But I am guessing the budget was at least 30-50+ million for this game...

I also love Mass Effect. I would strongly suggest to play it as it is one of the best scifi game from the last 10 years. It is a combination of FPS/RPG, but the characters, the races, the lore, the sound effects, the dialogues, the voice actors are built up so nicely that it really feel like you are playing in a middle of a scifi tv show. Even ME3 has cost 100 million dollars (!). This scifi world or the StarCraft would definately need a tv series adaption. I can't wait for the Diablo series, while Netflix makes the Witcher, Amazon will make the new LOTR (they paid 250 million dollars and they are planning 5 seasons). So fantasy/scifi fans will have a few good years. Netflix will continue the Star Trek show(s), the Lost in space and the Altered Carbon. DC and Marvel are withdrawn and probably will be moved for their own streaming company (like Disney or Hulu).

I am talking about these, because these shows will be the competitve for the next-gen SG. We are in a golden era of tv shows, where simply the big fishes will eat the small ones. I know even Netflix can make mistakes as not every shows are saved there forever, but since they have got such a huge budget to experiment, the other companies are washed up from the floor in this competition.
                I think another game that would be great to transform in a tv series is Eve online. It would be verry interesting.

Comment

A tv series made after the game Eve would be verry good, if someone would do that.

Comment

One more day until the announcement of the winners of the contest.....so, you guys have any nails left? Or have you bitten them all? *Nervous music*
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                      One more day until the announcement of the winners of the contest.....so, you guys have any nails left? Or have you bitten them all? *Nervous music*
                      " Let a complex system repeat itself long enough and eventually something surprising might occur. "

This BSG quote fits here I believe. I doubt I have got too much chance, so I won't be disappointed tomorrow, but maybe the miracle happens. But as I have stated earlier something similar, whoever wins, the whole fandom wins. I hope they can remind the TPTB to their own quote:

https://tongal.com/project/StargateS...el/#/tab-forum

Hi everyone!

Deep breath. Stephen alluded to this earlier, but it looks like we have had a small delay in review. To make sure everything is ready, the announcement will be shifting to early next week. We know you all must be very excited, and we promise it will be worth the wait. Hang in there just a little longer, and thank you for all the support thus far!
                      Hang in there my friend. We won't be able to confirm future dates until this is announced, but it will all happen very soon. Thanks!
                      Okay, now I have started to lose my faith in this project... The fans also don't know when and where they will meet, what con will happen. FH told me ealier that maybe it will be just a meeting to record some videos with every Superfan. So maybe I should book my holiday from March 10th as I was patiently waiting for the answer, but it looks like they like postponing deadlines....
                      Last edited by Platschu; 28 February 2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry for the delays.

I wish I could be here for moral support but I have little support left after the news I received this morning.
                        I will of course keep my fingers crossed that our great Overlords are among the winners.

Comment

Thanks. I know you do and I really appreciate it.

Just you know... No official word on SG:C. If I don't link it on the message board, then how would the fans know that it has been already postoned to March 1st instead of Tuesday and now even further away. I really expected the "meering" will be organised around the March 16th or 23rd, so I wrongly convinced myself it must be an omen that I have randomly booked a week in 2017 November (yep, you have heard it well, 15 months earlier for pharmacists!), then they have extended it to two weeks as I had lots of lieu time, so I was hoping if I could be in the lucky 10, then I can participitate.

And why do the Tongal believe that everybody can attend as well? You know people have got families, jobs, responsibilities, limited holidays? Imagine they will announce the 10 winners and only 2-3 can travel to L. A. on that particular weekend what they will choose. Not to mention that they have said they are arranging the visa for the potential winners and I was thinking it must be a lie as even if they have done the background check, they haven't had the passport details only my ID, so I am guessing for everyone else as well. How could you arrange any ESTE/Visa without notification of the winners? Somehow I have a bad feeling that this is not a serious thing at all and they were just "testing the waters". Again.

Comment

Har har... I half-expected them to literally say "we're working it". Nevertheless, that is still what they are basically saying. The first delay was from Feb 26 to March 1, and now it's early next week. They couldn't even decide on a specific day.

We'll see... we'll see... but I wonder if there will still be enough time to get things in order for the trip, if they still plan on having the "meeting" (whatever it will be like) in March.

Regardless, at least I have a "small" diversion, having bought the LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon. Been spending the past two days building it, and it's still not finished. But I had hoped the announcement would drop while I would still be working on it. Guess I'll have to find something else to do until "early next week".

Comment

Now they changed the deadlien to "announcing winners in 3 days".

Comment

That's a bit better then. If I win, that would still give me sufficient time to get a passport and ESTA within a week and a half (as long as the actual meeting is in the last week and a half to two weeks of March).

Comment

Working...
                                X