Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    ...Persepolis...
    The one city in all the world I'll never forget again, since it was a question on one of my exams at University, and I couldn't for the life of me remember in that moment where it was situated. Haunted me for years that I didn't know then and I should have known cause I'd studied it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Been a while, still no Origins S2 announcement? or anything? something?

Comment

Here is a little summary as we (mainly me ooops) started to talk a bit offtopic as there was nothing new to discuss. Nothing was announced so far even if some GW articles made us believe. The winners of the Superfan Contest will be announced on this Friday (March 1st), then they also promised that the SG patches will be posted until the end of March as they had to remake them as the firsts had poor quality. Since they started to advertise "Stargate 25" on SG:C, maybe they are planning something for this year. But we have heard so many promises in the last 18 months that I am a bit sceptical anyway. If you read back this thread a few of us participitated in this Superfan contest as we can't lose anything at this stage, but if any of us could be involved then maybe things could be moved forward (like extension of the SG:C, to fix the glitches, to give us old/new extra contents even in other languages). They will even buy plane tickets for the Superfans to have a meeting in March in Los Angeles, so why would they do such things if nothing will be announced? We will see... BW is in some form of official talk with MGM since September. It could mean anything... Second Origins movie development, new SG mini series or maybe a new spinoff or maybe nothing at all. Realisticly they should give some new live action content for the fans in year 2, so even if they could make a BW written Origins story, it should be done in the next 2-3 months to have a premiere at summer. Then maybe something bigger comes for year 3 in 2020.

I have talked about the same things here:
        https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=fb920687
        Or I should have linkd back this thread there too.
        Last edited by Platschu; 25 February 2019, 06:03 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's been 25 years since Stargate was released in 1994.

They couldn't even get the hashtag to trend anywhere. It's a dud.

Comment

This whole "Stargate 25" started badly as they have celebrated the 20th year anniversary of the premier of SG-1 in 2017, which was just less than 2 years ago. So they should make a decision what counts as the beginning of the Stargate franchise and not just to find new reasons for desperate marketing decisions what is not followed by anything. People were so excited that time and we believed there will be an Origins story twice a year then the hype has gone when the international fans realised they are locked out. Then the community was activated with the Origins premiere and the twitter storm in February, then the hype has gone again. Then year 2 started and nothing. Jaffa stories? Nothing. Patches? Nothing. Extension? Nothing. Announcement? Nothing. Promises? Nothing. Comics? Okay, some of them have arrived. So what do they expect? I know I always say we have to be patient and I also fall into this trap that I start to believe it, while they are not even bothered to communicate with the fans. I am not surprised everybody will move on soon it or later as how could we take them seriously, if they manage the whole app and the communication so badly?! You know I love this franchise and I could see a pontential brighter future of it as I expressed these feelings and visions a few time, but maybe I have put too much energy into it what not even the right owners did for us. Probably it is just a job for them instead of thinking as a fan of their own work. The merchandise part of the Stargate franchise was always cursed. Even if they considered as a strong leg, then all the SG games were cancelled. The novels, the audio books, the comics could have filled the gap between seasons. But somehow the management of the SG:C don't feel like professional, so the curse must have affected them. Simply you can't do such things with paying customers. But I can also see that they are trying to improve and to be original (like Christmad or Valentin Day related articles), just these are only secondary behind the right communication with the fans. We will see what the result will be of the Superfan contest, because it is not exactly clear what role the Tongal will play in the future. And this is also a bit worrying. We have hardly heard anything in the Vancouver con that why the MGM wants to make a deal with them? Are they looking for new SG novel writers? Or will they produce some low-budget Origins story? Or were they hired to create some buzz on SG:C like moderators and public face of the franchise at cons? I don't understand the reasons and the logic behind it, but maybe we will know more in the future.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I am not surprised everybody will move on soon it or later...
              Most people, especially those with no access, have long since moved on and bringing them back into the fold will only happen with a major change or announcement.

Anything else is a lost cause already.

Comment

Hopping back to this thread. So far, over two hundred candles burned for my legends-in-becoming, Baron Nick of the East and Earl Platschu.

Supposition time. Suppose one of you wins, or blessed be, both of you win, I do hope that if they ask for your input on which direction to go... you will put in a good word for SG:U completion!

We need it. I need it
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Hopping back to this thread. So far, over two hundred candles burned for my legends-in-becoming, Baron Nick of the East and Earl Platschu.

Supposition time. Suppose one of you wins, or blessed be, both of you win, I do hope that if they ask for your input on which direction to go... you will put in a good word for SG:U completion!

We need it. I need it
                  Sorry. I absolutely hate SGU. I never liked it. It's an abomination. It should never have existed...
                  Nah, I'm kiddin'...

Hello? Still alive?

Okay, now in all seriousness. Yes, I never really liked SGU, too much had changed. But, I do think it's part of the Stargate franchise (unlike the true abomination that is Origins). So yes, if possible, either a continuation or a proper one-shot finale to cap it off would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm also a pragmatist and don't think it's feasible to do this within the immediate future, while the actors are still capable of reprising their roles as the timeline gap is short enough. So either a comic or some kind of animated feature with the actors voicing their characters. Now, a comic has already been made, but I haven't read it. But an actual live-action show or film, I just don't think that's feasible, I'm sorry to say. And I think MGM is duly aware of this.

Nevertheless, I'm a big proponent of a proper strict in-canon continuation of Stargate for everyone.

Vote for me... if you wanna live... if you want more Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                    Okay, now in all seriousness. Yes, I never really liked SGU, too much had changed. But, I do think it's part of the Stargate franchise (unlike the true abomination that is Origins). So yes, if possible, either a continuation or a proper one-shot finale to cap it off would be appreciated.
                    You just went full passive aggressive, I don't know what to think. Agreed on Origins, it should be put into cold storage along with its spinning screen endings. I'll never get over that.

Unfortunately, I'm also a pragmatist and don't think it's feasible to do this within the immediate future, while the actors are still capable of reprising their roles as the timeline gap is short enough. So either a comic or some kind of animated feature with the actors voicing their characters. Now, a comic has already been made, but I haven't read it. But an actual live-action show or film, I just don't think that's feasible, I'm sorry to say. And I think MGM is duly aware of this.
                    Meh I do believe some actors would get back on board, I recall many saying they were surprised and would love to keep going but yea it's a high possibility. But there are so many ways to play this out. Worst scenario, everybody died due to a pod malfunction and a new crew gates in, funniest scenario is we get an elderly cast and just mention everybody aged in the pods due to a malfunction.

Vote for me... if you wanna live... if you want more Stargate
                    Looks like a good deal to me.

Can we actually vote right now?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

There won't be any voting. I believe they have made their decision. It looks like some non-US fan must have won as they are arringing ESTE/Visa for them. The interesting part is, why do they believe that everbody can fly to L.A. if they haven't said any exact weekend? You know some people has got family, job, what can not be left behind within 1-2-3 weeks notice...

Chaka-Z0 : It is really kind, but I am not an Earl. I am your god! Bow before me!!! Ooops the inner symbiote has taken control for a few seconds. Pfew... what a relieve. I am back. But back to seriousness.... "to extend or not extend that is the question?!". Okay, so really seriously... It is really kind of you to believe and to say I am a legend, but I am just a tiny little fan, like a little drop in a sea of fans. I don't deserve such a big attention and ovation. "Vanity, definitely my favorite sin." if you remember this quote from the Devil's advocate. I like serving and entertaining the community, but I really want to see that they really plan something for the future and this whole contest was not the newest promise.

I wouldn't mind some kind of animated SG-1/Atlantis series with voice actors, but why do you think that one would be cheaper then a "real" SG movie?

They could jump a few years. 12 years have passed since SG-1 was cancelled, so maybe they could introduce their children. Vala-Daniel and Sam-Jack stayed together etc. Or they should introduce completly new heroes after a short period of peace and then some major galactic treat happens again, so the senior characters could still help out the next generation.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 03 March 2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind some kind of animated SG-1/Atlantis series with voice actors, but why do you think that one would be cheaper then a "real" SG movie?

They could jump a few years. 12 years have passed since SG-1 was cancelled, so maybe they could introduce their children. Vala-Daniel and Sam-Jack stayed together etc. Or they should introduce completly new heroes after a short period of peace and then some major galactic treat happens again, so the senior characters could still help out the next generation.
                        Oh, I didn't necessarily mean that it would be cheaper. It could be cheaper, depending on how they go about doing it. At the very least the budget would be more consistent regardless of how much action and extraordinary effects that would be used (since everything is animated). But I meant more in regards to the age of the actors; in animation it's easier to make characters younger or older, even if they are played by the same actors.

That last part about a "major galactic threat" and "next generation" is pretty much how I would like to see it go (since 2007, when I began writing my own "virtual series" in high school, and began learning 3D art).

Comment

"With great power comes great responsibility!"

So, I pledge my full allegiance to our 2 champions.

I have a bad feeling about the "winners" though -- I've been having this idea in my head that there's only going to be people from all-access areas. That would defeat the purpose of worldwide, but it would not surprise me in the least.

(in true 13th Doctor style about the Pting)

"Oh please, let me be wrong about this. I don't want to be right."

(though she had to be right cause otherwise she'd blown up the ship)

Comment

I wouldn't turn down some animated Stargate entries, especially if they came with the voices of the original actors.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              I wouldn't turn down some animated Stargate entries, especially if they came with the voices of the original actors.
                              Basically like the CW animated series where the Arrowverse heroes appear at intervals.

Comment

As much as I dig new SG, I have never, never ever in my whole life been able to watch an animated series, manga or else. I simply can't get into it. I tried the Star Wars Rebel one, I was able to watch like 6 episodes before I gave up. But hey maybe that's just me, but I'd venture a guess and say generally speaking going animated isn't the way to go if you want to reach as many ppl as possible.

I was so excited when I learnt that a new Diablo 2 series was coming, until I realized it was animated
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X