MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    We have to give them a chance to prove themselves even if they haven't given chance for the other 194 countries so far. We will see, gaters.
    I'm long passed giving them a chance. I gave them one last year and they squandered it.

Also, 189 countries, although I'm fairly certain North-Korea is always going to be off the table so it's only 188. They don't have Netflix either.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, I have just guessed. Imagine they could add the Vatican and there would be an announcement that we have increased our coverage with 14%.
      Last edited by Platschu; 16 February 2019, 01:17 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Okay, I have just guessed. Imagine they could the Vatican and there would be an announcement that we have increased our coverage with 14%.
        Now I wonder what the pope watches on Netflix.

Comment

I doubt he would follow a series about false gods. Oops, sorry, I didn't want to hurt anyone feelings...

Other. If there would be any sort of announcement in the next two months, is there a way to check it if MGM has bought any new Stargate related domain? If I remember well, even if the Stargate : Origins was just planned and announced in September, the fans have found out about the new SG project in July.

edit. I have got a nice link in private message.
          Last edited by Platschu; 17 February 2019, 04:09 AM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Now I wonder what the pope watches on Netflix.
            I was literally shaking from restraining myself to post a thousand inappropriate jokes.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Hopefully they will announce the winner of the Superfan contest next Tuesday. 8 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                I was literally shaking from restraining myself to post a thousand inappropriate jokes.
                Don't hold back, friend.

@Platschu & @NickEast
                Keeping my fingers crossed for you two!

Comment

I have been burning candles night and day for the past week and leaving my meals uncooked because I can't immediately know that the light of the candle is fire, meanwhile praising Cthulhu to bring favor and many blessings upon our chosen ones: Nivao, the reborn knight who adopted the title NickEast (He's from the south but whatever) and the Platschu, the he-beast of SG:C.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    I have been burning candles night and day for the past week and leaving my meals uncooked because I can't immediately know that the light of the candle is fire, meanwhile praising Cthulhu to bring favor and many blessings upon our chosen ones: Nivao, the reborn knight who adopted the title NickEast (He's from the south but whatever) and the Platschu, the he-beast of SG:C.
                    So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      So say we all!
                      All this has happened before. All this will happen again
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        All this has happened before. All this will happen again
                        *suspense piano theme song playing in the background*

And they have a plan!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

And the plan will take three days longer...

March 1 instead of Feb 26 (apparently as they are going through background checks and other evaluations).

...but what's three days...

Comment

Well... I hope they have a plan. Or the Superfans will give them one. I would have been happier with an earlier announcement. I have got 2 weeks holiday from the March 10th, but I haven't booked anything as I was hoping in some positive answer. I plan to go to Peru to see Macchu Picchu and the Nacza lines or maybe to go to India to see the Taj Mahal. Both countries could wait a little longer, so if I could fly to Los Angeles then maybe I would go for a fly&drive tour in the USA for 2 weeks or fly to Hawaii etc. By the way I have been in Iran in 2015, so if I could win, what I doubt, then I need a visa as the usual electronic authorization won't be enough and that must be arranged at the embassy in London... I could tell you so much stories about my journies, but maybe check my Google+ albums before they disappear in a few weeks time. I like ancient history, so I am going for sightseeing as I am more interested in cultural and historical experiences than drinking or sunbathing. I have been in approximately 30+ countries. That is the reason I have said (and opened threads) that there are so many wonderful natural and cultural wonders just on our planet, that I wish they could shot a few episodes or at least some sort of digital backgrounds here or there. Here are the albums:
                            https://plus.google.com/+platschu

Microscraft : You can't accept private messages, so I will answer here.
                            Originally posted by Microscraft
                            .... I'm curious about what you said about you having a link, what's that about ? ....
                            Welcome. Interesting that an other French fan has given me this link :
                            https://www.trademarkia.com/company-...00156-page-1-2
                            You know I wanted to check if MGM has registered any Stargate related brand name, then it could mean that would be the name of the next SG show / project. The idea came when the Stargate : Origins was revealed 2-3 months earlier instead of the actual announcement. This is not against the law (as far as I know), so I hope the mods don't mind to share this link here.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 21 February 2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

...I have been in Iran in 2015...
                              Considering the US's current climate, I'd say that might be a problem... Even as a tourist.

I also pale in comparison to 30+ countries... Wow!

Comment

It is important to state that politics and the people are two different things. I hsd pre judgements, but I wanted to see the mosques and Persepolis. In spite of their really bad PR, Iran (Persia) is a nice country with lots of nice historical monuments and really, extremely friendly people. I haven't been in such country before where unknown people offered food and drink in the parks or they asked me to make photos together as they were happy to see us. I really liked that there are hardly any tourist groups, so they sell items for themselves in the bazaar with fixed prices without the annoying mental duel to make a good bargain. Tourists were surrounded for their money in the other countries like Morocco, Egypt or Turkey. I always believed in people, maybe because I want to believe in everybody, so I don't care about religion, race or sexual orientation as long as I get back that love, respect and support, what I try to show in their direction. So just because somebody tells me to hate something or someone, I won't as I want to experience it with my own eyes. I was the only one who cheered for the Goa'uld Systemlords too as I knew they are hopeless and the "good" will win over them. You know I wanted to give them a chance to understand their point of view and opinion. I don't know if this over-open mindset is a good skill or moral guidance in life, because soon it or later it caused disappointments, when people are just people. There will be good and bad in every nation. So as you can read I am rather have a Nox type of personality and most of the users liked my peaceful thinking on our SG forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X