MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Already giving my vote to NickEast and Platschu, if there's a vote. If not, my vote still goes to those two. At least, they are the kind of "superfans" who would take all fans into account and not just themselves. True members of a real fan community -- ours.

If I'm wrong, you two will have hell to pay... just saying...

No, just kidding... sort of.
    Ahem... oh, yes, yes... of course... [cough]... of course I won't just take myself into account... ahem... of course I will include the entire fan community... yes, of course...

It's not like I'm doing this to further my own personal agenda... [cough cough]

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
      Ahem... oh, yes, yes... of course... [cough]... of course I won't just take myself into account... ahem... of course I will include the entire fan community... yes, of course...

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post

The username change was only the first step. Next step is world domination.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I am starting to lose my patience with Tongal. I have made a little video (2:50 secs) in mp4, so it is 347 MByte. It took ages to upload as it was stopped 2-3x now, then finally I have reached 100% then it just simply restarted it again for no reason. I have filled and photos all the required paperworks as well, but this is ridicolous. So I will try it one more time, then I will give up as I have already wasted 2-3 hours of my evening.

Or I will make a 20 seconds long new video.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I am starting to lose my patience with Tongal. I have made a little video (2:50 secs) in mp4, so it is 347 MByte. It took ages to upload as it was stopped 2-3x now, then finally I have reached 100% then it just simply restarted it again for no reason. I have filled and photos all the required paperworks as well, but this is ridicolous. So I will try it one more time, then I will give up as I have already wasted 2-3 hours of my evening.

Or I will make a 20 seconds long new video.
            Oh damn, that's annoying. Mine is currently about 220 MB. I think I'm pretty much done, but since I'm out of time today I will finish it tomorrow (still got till about 9PM local time tomorrow). Fortunately, I won't have to work that long so I should have sufficient time to finish it and upload it (I already made sure everything is signed and ready to be handed in).

Comment

It was turned on FHD on my Samsung galaxy S7, so I have re-recorded my little speech only in "HD", so now it is just 272,2 MByte. I will give it a go again, but after that I will give up, sorry.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Good luck w/ that! Can we vote or something?

Seems like my video of Jelgate and I wrestling in the mud dressed as Furlings didn't go through either...
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

My eyes, my eyes... I just imagined an Unas in a koala dress.

edit. Finally I could upload my little video. I am still shocked how my voice sounds. My occasional stuttering is also annoying, but at least I tried this "competition". Brrr. Hopefully I have filled the paperwork right as well.

And here is an extra VIP photo for my fans, but I took off the gate for the video :
                  stargateplatschu.jpg

The Stargate was 3D printed by my friends.
                  https://www.stargatecommand.co/forum...tml&k=b4ff8e7b
                  Last edited by Platschu; 06 February 2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I wrote a whole script and took close to a hundred different takes. I spent hours trying to record the "perfect" take, knowing full well no such thing exists. I needed a script in order to know exactly what to say, in order to fit it within the three minutes, otherwise it's too much mumbling and with too many pauses.

I also did some more work with my Stargate in Unreal, to brag a bit about my skills. I even looked up some of my very early 3D work done a little over 10 years ago. And I did a lot of editing in Premiere, After Effects, and Audition (sound editing).

I hope it's worth it.

EDIT: @Platschu: You didn't have to re-record the video. You could've just downscaled the video from Full HD to 720p.
                    Last edited by NickEast; 05 February 2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Well, this one was not a video montage competition, so I tried to be minimalist. I am not really good fancy special effects anyway as you can see I am dumb to even change the resolution, sorry. I have also tried to not overcomplicate it as I was really excited and nervous, so I have just written my speech after a few wrong takes and I have read it up what I wanted to say. After they have announced the lucky winners, I can share the text here. Good luck, NickEast!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        After they have announced the lucky winners, I can share the text here. Good luck, NickEast!
                        Actually no, you can't.

All of your video is property of MGM so you can't post anything from it anywhere else, without their permission, unless you wish to be disqualified.

Also, don't forget, you have to pass a background check...

Comment

Actually no, you can't.

All of your video is property of MGM so you can't post anything from it anywhere else, without their permission, unless you wish to be disqualified.

They can do whatever they please until they sign a contract/agreement as long it doesn't include monetary gains. As for the specific rules of the lottery, idk. Lawyers have other things to do and would never bother with such trivial matters as posting on GW.

Backgrounds check are ezpz unless you're a convicted felon. I've went through one of the most extensive bc checks in the country, the hardest part is figuring your "timeline" (range of years you worked at X place with X supervisor, etc.). I had to write down 10 years of my life to the finest details, it's very tedious but just paperwork, nothing to worry about.

Edit: Property of MGM means that the second you upload the video, your forfeit the ownership of the video to MGM. Practically speaking, they could do a TV add with Platschu or Nick's video
                          Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 05 February 2019, 05:39 PM.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Edit: Property of MGM means that the second you upload the video, your forfeit the ownership of the video to MGM. Practically speaking, they could do a TV add with Platschu or Nick's video
                            They could indeed.

Also, I've been background checked -- I'm good.

Comment

They could indeed.

Also, I've been background checked -- I'm good.
                              I see they haven't found out about your true identity, codename ''LEMMING''
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Actually no, you can't.

You can't share the video, no. But MGM won't own the script that you used to record the video. They won't own anything used in or for the video, just the video itself with your permission that they can use it and anything in it. Artwork and memorabilia are still yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X