No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FH: I understand. I will send something, hopefully it won't be too disappointing for them.

nivao : Of course, I will.

Honestly I have my chosen top 10 fans as I can see the activity here and there :

GW : Darrell (from GW), DigiFluid, nivao, Falcon Horus, jelgate (or ChakaZO, BruTak, ScifigirlSG, Gatefan1976, PG15)
    SGC: SuperMom, Jack_0Neill_Team_SG1, StargateFamily, DanielFan, KatherineD16

But anyway it is not my decision. Don't feel offended if your name is not there. I count on everyone that whoever they choose they will listen to every side. So we would have shippers and international fans, so all aspects would be balanced. If I would be them, I would chose fans from the East Coast and the West Coast, one-one from the UK and Germany and Australia etc.
    Last edited by Platschu; 29 January 2019, 08:26 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
      Well, considering that it might be possible to have a public voting to influence who will win (depending on what MGM decides), can I count on your votes?
      I wholy pledge my allegiance too your cause.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      FH: I understand. I will send something, hopefully it won't be too disappointing for them.
      Go for it, posterboy!

GW : Darrell (from GW), DigiFluid, nivao, Falcon Horus, jelgate (or ChakaZO, BruTak, ScifiSGGirl, Gatefan1976, PG15)
      SGC: SuperMom, Jack_0Neill_Team_SG1, StargateFamily, DanielFan, KatherineD16

But anyway it is not my decision. Don't feel offended if your name is not there. I count on everyone that whoever they choose they will listen to every side. So we would have shippers and international fans, so all aspects would be balanced. If I would be them, I would chose fans from the East Coast and the West Coast, one-one from the UK and Germany and Australia etc.
      We should start our own panel...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks Back in the day, I used to organize meet up and farewell dinners for GW members at Stargate conventions that were in Vancouver. I also was the business helper for Andee Frizzell in the autograph room at the last Official Stargate Convention by Creation in 2012. I'm a friend of Jenny Stiven on both Twitter and Facebook. Knowing people you've met in person is the first step. Online identities can be fake. Loyalty and dedication to the cause is key to success.

Comment

I wish I could've been a part of something bigger. But I could never go anywhere. I live in the Netherlands, and when SG-1 and Atlantis were still running I either wasn't old enough or didn't earn enough to really go anywhere. And for most of my childhood I believed I was the only one in the whole world who loved Stargate, because everything and everyone seemed to be against me. So GateWorld was the only place to connect to other fans. When the tweet storm was announced last year, I hopped aboard right away trying to connect to people to see if I could help, and basically joined the European team.

Comment

Well, considering that it might be possible to have a public voting to influence who will win (depending on what MGM decides), can I count on your votes?

Vote for me, if you want Stargate done right!
            (or ChakaZO
            OR Chaka!!!!!!!!!

No worries you guys have my vote, even Heightmyers Lemming (definitely a candidate for the top 10 best account names on GW), despite the elaborate cover, I totally unmasked this impostor.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Chaka... Don't be shy. I have showed up here just occasionally in the last few years, so the old members can see exactly who has made the most diligent job for the SG community, who has got good communication skills and manners, who is familiar with other scifi shows etc. So when you choose a theoratical top10 GW user, you have to add similar factors into the decision. But it is not a competition anyway, sorry.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm one of the newest member here, I understand no worries. I haven't done much, actually I haven't done anything for the community as far as I can remember.

I'll support whoever tries to revive the franchise, this I pledge myself to. So say we all. (Sh*t wrong show?)

That being said, the Lemming will definitely get preferential treatment. We understand each other, one beast to another.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  I'm one of the newest member here, I understand no worries. I haven't done much, actually I haven't done anything for the community as far as I can remember.

I'll support whoever tries to revive the franchise, this I pledge myself to. So say we all. (Sh*t wrong show?)

That being said, the Lemming will definitely get preferential treatment. We understand each other, one beast to another.
                  You may be newer than me, but you're more active here than I am (look at the message counts). And I only really helped with the tweet storm (#StargateNow). Other than that all my plans seem to be too ambitious (a graphic novel re-imagining of the original film to fit the series, a video game, and a sequel comic series using the format of a TV series).

Comment

You may be newer than me, but you're more active here than I am (look at the message counts). And I only really helped with the tweet storm (#StargateNow). Other than that all my plans seem to be too ambitious (a graphic novel re-imagining of the original film to fit the series, a video game, and a sequel comic series using the format of a TV series).
                    Ambitious is what we need Nivao.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

And I only really helped with the tweet storm (#StargateNow).
                      I try to forget that event. The only good thing was that the actors all posted something SG related. On the other hand... No response from MGM or SGC. It was really rude they have not even commented about it.

Comment

No worries you guys have my vote, even Heightmyers Lemming (definitely a candidate for the top 10 best account names on GW), despite the elaborate cover, I totally unmasked this impostor.

It's that animal instinct, I reckon.

I try to forget that event. The only good thing was that the actors all posted something SG related. On the other hand... No response from MGM or SGC. It was really rude they have not even commented about it.
                        As far as organized tweeting went, that was literally the most fun I ever had, though my tweet-skills were seriously put to the test cause I'm not a fast tweeter so I probably avoided ... oh no wait, I didn't. I got twitter-jailed for rapid posting but only at the very last minute of the storm.

Comment

Ah forgot about the storm, I remember posting the results on the SGC app.

Well that counts for something right?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Ah forgot about the storm, I remember posting the results on the SGC app.

Well that counts for something right?
                            It does indeed.

Comment

All quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                                All quiet?
                                Looks like it... but I blocked myself from going to the website so I'm probably not the right person to ask.

I went to the Zoo this afternoon. Saw a 3-month old Zebra, a teeny tiny koala and a snake lounging in its jacuzzi.

Comment

Working...
                                X