No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chaka : Thanks for the motivation. It is not that bad in comparsion to others. I have to talk day by day to my patients anyway. But I am guessing they are also looking for native English speakers and I am far from that language level.

An SG:O article mentioned that they will do some sort of one year anniversary announcement on 15th February. Since the actors were hashtagged, I am guessing there will be some form of live chat or interview with them. I doubt that they will announce the next Origins story. We should not expect anything, then maybe something suprising news will merge in time.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      chaka : Thanks for the motivation. It is not that bad in comparsion to others. I have to talk day by day to my patients anyway. But I am guessing they are also looking for native English speakers and I am far from that language level.
      It's worldwide -- I say, make it a combo Hungarian/English.

On that note... groups are allowed to enter a video too, perhaps we should make it into a video project of our own. Every locked out country should send in a message in their own language.

But that would obviously be daft... cause there are only 6 countries on the planet, and all but one speaks native English.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      An SG:O article mentioned that they will do some sort of one year anniversary announcement on 15th February. Since the actors were hashtagged, I am guessing there will be some form of live chat or interview with them. I doubt that they will announce the next Origins story. We should not expect anything, then maybe something suprising news will merge in time.
      One year anniversary -- only a DVD-release would be good enough. Or BR.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Pfff, okay you guys, hold your horses. I was on a TV show for about 5 seconds when I was six years old.

So, *clears throat*, yea.
        I was also on the news when I was 18/19 so granted, it was in the background and the focus was on my GF and her mate at the time but still...
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's worldwide -- I say, make it a combo Hungarian/English.

On that note... groups are allowed to enter a video too, perhaps we should make it into a video project of our own. Every locked out country should send in a message in their own language. .
          Groups are not allowed. It's individuals only, since the panel will have a max of 10 members.

Only individuals may submit; teams or groups will be disqualified. The project is open to any and every Stargate superfan, except where prohibited by law.
          ----

And I'm on Google Maps... twice! I'm in two places at once! Or rather, I was... until they updated it... but it's still possible to go back in time. But it was the very first time they did Streetview where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
            Groups are not allowed. It's individuals only, since the panel will have a max of 10 members.
            Oh, thought I read that only the person who entered the video would be elligible in case of groups.
            Must have misread.

And I'm on Google Maps... twice! I'm in two places at once! Or rather, I was... until they updated it... but it's still possible to go back in time. But it was the very first time they did Streetview where I live.
            LOL!! We really are a bunch of famed anon's.

Comment

Oh, thought I read that only the person who entered the video would be elligible in case of groups.
              Must have misread.
              Yes, other people are allowed to appear in the video, but not as a group participation. It has to be the one person who participates that appears in the foreground. And you obviously need the signed permission of everyone else.

Comment

Yes, other people are allowed to appear in the video, but not as a group participation. It has to be the one person who participates that appears in the foreground. And you obviously need the signed permission of everyone else.
                Easy to circumvent this. Every single one of you should transit via Chaka Industries. I'll be your personal representative. I will pull the strings. I will land your clips directly in the main office. I WILL get you a signed contract.

Of course, being the owner of this collective video I would collect a small fee of 75% for my efforts, I'm sure you understand.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The Unas means business.

Comment

Maybe he is an undercover Ferengi.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Is this a Trek reference again that I don't get
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        Is this a Trek reference again that I don't get
                        Wow, even I get that one.

Comment

Wow, even I get that one.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9YYoN3v6M
                          Spoiler:

Comment

New Stargate? Wright Says ‘We’re Working On It’
                            https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...working-on-it/

TEAL'C : Many have said that.
                            (He turns and fires on his own guards, than throws his weapon to O'Neill.)
                            But you are the first I believe could do it!

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...%22_Transcript
                            Last edited by Platschu; 24 January 2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not in the form of a TV-show which basically translates to more online **** that most fans don't get access to (in MGM's frame of working things out).

No thanks...

Comment

I know, I know. And I also know you are hurt, I can feel it. I am just excited, because he is the centre of this franchise. I believe MGM admitted that the SG:O was a controversial "success" at the fans, so they want to correct their mistake. Hopefully it means that BW can convince them how to replace/update/close/extend/whatever this SG:C/Tongal combination. If he seriously wants to develop a new SG show or movie, they can't close out 98% of the world... I am sure they have heard about the success of Star Trek : Discovery as more and more people pay for CBS All-Access only to watch that program. So I am guessing MGM realized that they have jumped into this "digital era" without further planning.

Comment

Working...
                                X