MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    Keeping in mind that many stories for kids are actually based on material that is not for kinds, I could definitely see a Stargate fairy tale happen, and it would also lead to reach an even wider audience for the franchise...so I would not count that possibility out
    True, fairytales were anything but fairy in their most basic form... but vivid imagination can do horrible things to parents' sleep patterns.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Would you look at that... they sure have been working hard on something, more clickbait "first interview free-for-all" -- something called Stargate Command Recon. Basically Dial Home 2.0.

I've just gone dorment.

Comment

You know, I actually installed an extension in Firefox just so I could block the SGC site to stop me from going back there...

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
          You know, I actually installed an extension in Firefox just so I could block the SGC site to stop me from going back there...
          Enlighten me. What's it called so I may use it as well... otherwise it'll just end in rage quits.

Edit: Is it Blocksite?

Comment

Why would you even go back there? It's a graveyard.

Unless... you want to enjoy the bliss that is being an ORIGINAL GATER. God I love just staring at my title for hours on end.

Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Unless... you want to enjoy the bliss that is being an ORIGINAL GATER. God I love just staring at my title for hours on end.

I'm rather amused that this title is apparently no longer showing up in the app, which defeats the whole purpose because I'm fairly sure more people use the app than the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Enlighten me. What's it called so I may use it as well... otherwise it'll just end in rage quits.

Edit: Is it Blocksite?
                Indeed...

And now for something completely different: Did anyone spot the tweet from Tongal about the Stargate SuperFan Panel? While I'm sceptical, I'm not going to let this opportunity pass. I'm going to do my very best to appear sympathetic and 'infiltrate' the panel so that our side has a foothold to try and prevent any more material like Origins (at least to avoid contradicting canon, I do like the Origins concept when done right).

EDIT: Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/tongal/status/1086071904438349824

Comment

Indeed...
                  Thanks.

And now for something completely different: Did anyone spot the tweet from Tongal about the Stargate SuperFan Panel? While I'm sceptical, I'm not going to let this opportunity pass. I'm going to do my very best to appear sympathetic and 'infiltrate' the panel so that our side has a foothold to try and prevent any more material like Origins (at least to avoid contradicting canon, I do like the Origins concept when done right).
                  Might want to read the assignment before thinking of "infiltrating". If you are a chosen winner, they expect you to pay for all travel costs yourself when they require you to meet them in LA, except for their first event somewhere in March 2019.

It's open "worldwide", except where law prohibits but I can't find a list where law prohibits entrance. But considering Command is still only accessible for 6 countries, I'd say they have quite the nerve to even suggest "worldwide".

I could literally assemble the prop-team and we could make a little film with our lifesize stargate, but MGM has no respect left in my eyes, and quite frankly, Disney/Lucasfilm treats us with far more respect than MGM ever could. We have more important business to attend and work for -- i.e. the next Star Wars Celebrations in Orlando this April.

Here's the link to the "event" page -- Stargate Superfan

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Thanks.

Might want to read the assignment before thinking of "infiltrating". If you are a chosen winner, they expect you to pay for all travel costs yourself when they require you to meet them in LA, except for their first event somewhere in March 2019.
                    I couldn't find anything about travel costs. It does say they are not obligated to pay or assist with travel requirements, like passports and visa, but not with actual travel costs when they want you to travel to the US.

It's open "worldwide", except where law prohibits but I can't find a list where law prohibits entrance. But considering Command is still only accessible for 6 countries, I'd say they have quite the nerve to even suggest "worldwide".
                    This is independent of the availability of the app, and quite frankly I don't care either way. This is an opportunity I'm not going to pass up just because of that. The laws are most likely related to certain countries being prohibited from travelling to the US (courtesy of the National Fool).

I could literally assemble the prop-team and we could make a little film with our lifesize stargate, but MGM has no respect left in my eyes, and quite frankly, Disney/Lucasfilm treats us with far more respect than MGM ever could. We have more important business to attend and work for -- i.e. the next Star Wars Celebrations in Orlando this April.
                    This isn't about fan fiction, it's a panel that would help MGM with working on future Stargate material (probably the closest they'll get to a Story Group). Exactly how effective this is remains to be seen, but again I'm not going to pass up this opportunity. I'd rather leave the panel when I don't like what they're doing than never to have gotten the chance at all.

And maybe you have gotten respect from Disney/LucasFilm, that doesn't mean everyone else does. Disney has been notorious with sending out cease-and-desists about their material and now there's a whole debacle surrounding the "Vader" fan film. And Star Wars is suffering from the same problems as Stargate, with fans being split over the direction LucasFilm is going in (like the decision to 'rewrite history' with Legends vs. Canon).

Comment

Oh no, don't get me wrong -- I applaud your infiltration. And if there's a voting moment, just holla and I'm there.

I'm just suspicious these days of anything that place does.

And maybe you have gotten respect from Disney/LucasFilm, that doesn't mean everyone else does. Disney has been notorious with sending out cease-and-desists about their material and now there's a whole debacle surrounding the "Vader" fan film. And Star Wars is suffering from the same problems as Stargate, with fans being split over the direction LucasFilm is going in (like the decision to 'rewrite history' with Legends vs. Canon).
                      Oh, I know all about cease-and-desist as far as Disney goes. I worked for them for a while, in copyright violations. Trust me, they are sharks.

Comment

I couldn't find anything about travel costs. It does say they are not obligated to pay or assist with travel requirements, like passports and visa, but not with actual travel costs when they want you to travel to the US.
                        Isn't booking a flight a travel requirement?
                        Just saying...

Comment

Email announcement of a new MGM Stargate Command SuperFan Panel project. No mention of any entries outside the US allowed or flights paid from outside the US. Events are mainly in Los Angeles and Las Vegas so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                            Email announcement of a new MGM Stargate Command SuperFan Panel project. No mention of any entries outside the US allowed or flights paid from outside the US. Events are mainly in Los Angeles and Las Vegas so far.
                            See links above -- Tongal's assignment page makes a mention of it being "worldwide" except for countries where the law prohibits participation or whatever.

I know, for example, that Belgium is excluded from Omaz competitions or however, they are called, so I'm going to assume that also includes things like this. But why would we want to participate in the first place, there's no access for us.

Comment

"across the universe" was misleading on MGM's part.. What is Tongal?

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                                "across the universe" was misleading on MGM's part.. What is Tongal?
                                How Tongal Works explained with a Lego project.

MGM wants you to make a video, for which you get paid 250 dollar if you're one of the 10 winners, and then they'll take full copyright of your video and you loose every right to its content. You're not allowed to use any of their material when making it, so technically speaking you also wouldn't be allowed to use replica props or whatever cause those are usually unlicensed and thus "illegal".

Basically, this is a job interview. The team behind Stargate Command already are the first group of "superfans". Most of them are professionals working as consultants for MGM. The superfans, however, will not be working for MGM so you're basically doing it for free. The first trip to the US is paid for but after that you're basically on your own.

Remember that competition where someone could win a set visit and we literally never heard a peep about that every again. Yeah, pretty much...

Comment

Working...
                                X