MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I want the Origins first cut spinning ending images on my t-shirt with the caption ''we're working on it''.

If I can find an image of that I can simulate it for you.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

If I can find an image of that I can simulate it for you.
      How kind of you but please don't go through all that effort lol

I'd be reluctant to spend 1 more dollars on Origins stuff
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

How kind of you but please don't go through all that effort lol
        Oh, I'm already planning on simulating the "We're working on it" theme cause that's definitely missing from the shop.

Comment

Just guessing here but I think Araca Merchandise, L.P. may be a vendor at the Official Stargate Convention in the Chicago area in June 2019. Not sure if there will be Atlantis items. You'd think so since lead actors from both shows will be there.

Comment

Araca is the TopFan of merchandising apparently. They have their fingers in a few different things, but here's what they have to say about themselves concerning merchandising...

Merchandise
            Araca works closely with both new and established theatre, music and film and television studio partners to galvanize their brands – whether a new Broadway musical, arena music tour, or studio e-commerce web store. Each activation is carefully tailored to support an artist or brand’s marketing strategy, facilitate their audience’s engagement, generate significant income, and ultimately, ignite the entertainment experience.

Comment

I'm laughing so hard right now.... Stargate Command failed at it again -- in a brilliant way.

I assume by the posts that all-access members got an email that there is now a shop with merchandise. However, shipping only goes to the USA (obviously), Canada, Australia and New-Zealand. And it's also only available to all-access members cause I can't find access to it (and as you know, third class passenger here).

Edit 1
              It turns out to be a third-party seller company who provides webspace for online shops so companies like MGM can sell merchandise: https://mgmstore.com/collections/stargate
              It looks bleak and international shipping -- it doesn't actually say what countries are in or out on the website itself -- is off the chart. A T-shirt that would cost you 30 dollars will be 62 dollars because shipping costs are doubling its price.

Edit 2
              Unfortunately, I just found confirmation that shipping is indeed limited to the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. You have to click the items to see that bit of information appear so that's the UK and Germany out (probably because of the European GDPR rules).

There isn't much on there and I'm not sure about quality of the products or that they are even going to be very popular.
              I think that merchandise might be some of the cheapest-looking and laziest designs I've seen. The Goau'd on the mug is quite alright but it being on a plain black mug just makes it seem lacking, while the rest looks like something that would barely take 5 minutes of effort to come up with as it's just giant quite random text in a generic font or something with the logo stuck on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
                I think that merchandise might be some of the cheapest-looking and laziest designs I've seen. The Goau'd on the mug is quite alright but it being on a plain black mug just makes it seem lacking, while the rest looks like something that would barely take 5 minutes of effort to come up with as it's just giant quite random text in a generic font or something with the logo stuck on.
                I did a little more digging and even made an inquiry about shipping.

The shop is hosted by a third party, Araca Merchandising. They do everything themselves. They host the pages, have an in-house design team, do the printing themselves and then use shipping companies to send out their orders. This is basically a cheap Stargate Command merchandise license, hence why it all looks so generic. Notice that there are no copyright images used, except perhaps for the Goa'uld and the logo of Stargate Command. I doubt the Goa'uld could be copyright material, really, but it the logo definitely. The gate isn't a gate, it's in the shape of a heart, for example.

The inquiry I made about shipping was to ask whether shipping was set or whether more locations could be added later. They replied they only shipped to the US and Canada (not even Australia and New-Zealand like it says next to the items so someone from around there is the only one now to confirm that for me) but that I could maybe use family or friends in either country, or a third party company to ship the item(s) I would like to Belgium.

I have a feeling that my shipping costs would skyrocket so I'll pass on that -- wasn't planning on anything anyway, but still. I do have friends in the US who would be more than willing to help me out, I'm sure. And perhaps, the stargate community can redeem itself and do something for the excluded fans (but I doubt it).

Comment

I have a feeling that my shipping costs would skyrocket so I'll pass on that -- wasn't planning on anything anyway, but still. I do have friends in the US who would be more than willing to help me out, I'm sure. And perhaps, the stargate community can redeem itself and do something for the excluded fans (but I doubt it).
                  You bet, you'd probably more in shipping than the item itself. I'm sure many here would be more than willing to help, but question, why would the Stargate community needs to redeem itself? The blame is not on us for MGM's shortcomings.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You bet, you'd probably more in shipping than the item itself. I'm sure many here would be more than willing to help, but question, why would the Stargate community needs to redeem itself? The blame is not on us for MGM's shortcomings.
                    Trust me, I've unfortunately been on the receiving end of some interesting choice of words, of which the basic idea can be described as "shut up and leave, we don't care about your lack of access". I shall also never not be able to forgive every moron who spoiled Origins to the nth degree and literally couldn't care that they did.

So yes, MGM caused a divide and the community split even further than it ever did under Universe's airing. It will not recover.

Comment

It does not excuse their behavior, but it is to be expected on the internet. This is literally the place where you can get roasted for saying Hi on a public media platform.

Literally any community you can think of would react the same way, your blame is misplaced.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

It does not excuse their behavior, but it is to be expected on the internet. This is literally the place where you can get roasted for saying Hi on a public media platform.

Literally any community you can think of would react the same way, your blame is misplaced.
                        No, unfortunately it isn't...

...trolls are a problem everywhere but when when it comes from people you respect, that's something entirely different.

(for the record, not talking about your post -- just to make this clear)

Comment

My comment was aimed towards the folks on the SG:C apps that weren't nice to you (I actually saw your posts back then on the feed and remember clearly the nasty feedback you got).

SG:C app was full of fanbois back then, they would literally be like : Oh my God quizzes are SO nice! LIKE pictures and 5 QUESTIONS OMFG #SGISBACK. To them you were a buzzkill, no matter what you said anybody that spoke against Origins was getting roasted OR censored by the mods. This is a dead platform, and basically Pliatschu was more or less the only one keeping it alive.

Apart from the people you know you mentioned, I wouldn't take it on a personal level. If anything, THEY (MGM) divided the fans, THEY did a sh*tty quality mini show, not the fans. I just think turning your back on the people is not justified when the leaders are to blame.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I am back. Yay.

Honestly this whole merchandise is just continuing the agony of the franchise. I really love (and hopefully understand) Stargate, but it broke my heart again to see how they are wasting this shining name on the tv market. As I have written in an angry comment on SG:C about the merchandise products, the leadership of this app works realy hard to kill this franchise forever. Because so far that is all what they have achieved. Less and less people register even from the chosen countries, the fandom ship has been hit by a few giant torpedos and now it is rapidly sinking into oblivion. They betrayed even the most loyal fans who were willing to stay on the board until the final moments. We deserve better treatment. So sad. I wish they could fire everyone who are responsible for these huge PR mistakes as I am sure it should be educated as negative examples in the marketing schools.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

*turns beetroot red*

My comment was aimed towards the folks on the SG:C apps that weren't nice to you (I actually saw your posts back then on the feed and remember clearly the nasty feedback you got).

SG:C app was full of fanbois back then, they would literally be like : Oh my God quizzes are SO nice! LIKE pictures and 5 QUESTIONS OMFG #SGISBACK. To them you were a buzzkill, no matter what you said anybody that spoke against Origins was getting roasted OR censored by the mods. This is a dead platform, and basically Pliatschu was more or less the only one keeping it alive.

Apart from the people you know you mentioned, I wouldn't take it on a personal level. If anything, THEY (MGM) divided the fans, THEY did a sh*tty quality mini show, not the fans. I just think turning your back on the people is not justified when the leaders are to blame.
                              That went entirely over my head. Woops!
                              Something got lost in translation.

Yes, now I understand what you meant. Please, ignore my previous post... somewhat.

Comment

I am glad you noticed it. I tried, I tried. Honestly this whole merchandise shop joke ruined the buzz inside even for me. When I have seen it in Napoli, I couldn't believe it to my eyes, but I have said I will properly respond only after my holiday. 60 dollars for a T-shirt? What dreamworld do they live? Even American fans can send it abroad cheaper... Or have they expected to earn the budget of the next Origins this way? They are so stupid. You can always print your own poster if you find a nice SG fan art. As long as you don't claim it as your own or to sell them on eBay. Or you can order pillows to put them on or as FH suggested even to make mouse pads. Then the official website shows this overpriced and ridicilous quality of merchandise products. I didn't believe they can dig themselves even deeper, but it looks like I had a lack of my imagination in this subject.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X