MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    But as new SG things, whatever is coming still, if it does, tries to be more attractive to younger generations I hardly think we will get anything physical anymore at all
    Their loss -- also, I don't see a younger audience latching onto any stargate right now. They are more likely to say, "Stargate who?" and move on to the next Fortnite.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

This quote is still true in my signature.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

This quote is still true in my signature.
        Unfortunately, MGM has missed the message on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Their loss -- also, I don't see a younger audience latching onto any stargate right now. They are more likely to say, "Stargate who?" and move on to the next Fortnite.
          Friendly reminder that SG1 was most popular in the 40-50's demographic, and that SGU ("aimed at a younger audience") was aimed at the 30-40's demographic.

Most SG1 fans are retired. They're not going to watch a reboot. Sure there's a sub-40's demographic, but it's nowhere near the numbers of SG1. Stargate NEEDS an influx of fans to sustain itself.

Comment

lets be fair, stargate was popular because of mcgyver

richard dean anderson is loved by people etc, good shows are made of actors, scripts, and either nostalgia or strong filming and strong effects, stargate sg1 had all 4, and it was epic, thanks stars and thanks richard dean anderson and thanks to everyone else involved etc

Comment

and just to be safe, lets thank all the gods, deities, angels, horsemen, and half men half angels, demigods, and regular wonderful people, oh and just to further be safe, lets thanks the creator... and the maker

Comment

because to me star wars was the big thing, and stargate was like getting to see a wierd earth based star wars, so lets thank everyone, thank you to everyone for everything and beyond

Comment

you know making stargate into a proper 3d shooter or rpg would make more people learn about it and make it more popular for a tv reboot or atleast a rebrand

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Friendly reminder that SG1 was most popular in the 40-50's demographic, and that SGU ("aimed at a younger audience") was aimed at the 30-40's demographic.
                    I had no idea that's what they mean with a "younger audience"... I thought, younger audience meant like 20-30 something.
                    I'm not joking -- brutally honest.

Also, I had no idea, SG-1 was most popular in the above demographic.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Most SG1 fans are retired. They're not going to watch a reboot. Sure there's a sub-40's demographic, but it's nowhere near the numbers of SG1. Stargate NEEDS an influx of fans to sustain itself.
                    Indeed.

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                    and just to be safe, lets thank all the gods, deities, angels, horsemen, and half men half angels, demigods, and regular wonderful people, oh and just to further be safe, lets thanks the creator... and the maker
                    So say we all.

you know making stargate into a proper 3d shooter or rpg would make more people learn about it and make it more popular for a tv reboot or atleast a rebrand
                    I can live with a first person shooter. Preferably console.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Well it's kind of to be expected... there hasn't been any new SG material for a long time. How else are they supposed to *latch on*?
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        Well it's kind of to be expected... there hasn't been any new SG material for a long time. How else are they supposed to *latch on*?
                        True, but I meant that if there were to be new stargate it would have to be something that appeals to the "younger demographic" though I'm no longer certain who that "younger demographic" is -- doubtful it's the Fortnite-playing crowd.

Then again, they're not latching onto Origins...

Comment

Okay let's settle this right here and now. Fortnite sucks. PUBG is much better. Phew *exhales loudly*

Younger generation is usually defined as 18-34, in my marketing classes we usually would separate 16 to 24 / 24 to 34. There's no clear definition.

I remember watching Stargate SG-1 on Cable TV as a kid, I might have been 8 or 9. (which was translated in French, otherwise I wouldn't have known it at all) I didn't get latched on until I was perhaps in my twenties, but it certainly fueled my passion for Sci-fi.

If you want the *younger generation* latch on to Stargate, your ONLY avenue is to go through Netflix or any similar platform that appeals to this generation. Most of the people I know (in their late 20s and early 30s) never subscribed to standard satellite / fiber optic TV channels. We simply don't watch TV anymore.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Okay let's settle this right here and now. Fortnite sucks. PUBG is much better. Phew *exhales loudly*
                            Honestly, I'd never heard of Fortnite until two or three weeks ago.

We simply don't watch TV anymore.
                            Nope, we certainly don't.... we hook it up to the computer these days.
                            But not for streaming. I haven't signed up to Netflix yet.

Comment

you could just start a youtube channel, provide a access fee, or per episode purchase, then while they pay the access fee, let them watch every stargate episode, as well as the new ones, and include lots of stargate behind the scenes talks, and get in show stargate science lectures from actors on set in uniforms etc

Comment

you could just start a youtube channel, provide a access fee, or per episode purchase, then while they pay the access fee, let them watch every stargate episode, as well as the new ones, and include lots of stargate behind the scenes talks, and get in show stargate science lectures from actors on set in uniforms etc
                                They have a YouTube channel where they play episodes "for free" for 2 days and everyone can watch them and then they discuss them or whatever.

But basically, you just described Stargate Command which gives all-access access to 6 countries and they get all the series and films, all the new Dial Home interviews and all the extras. The rest gets nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X