MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I hate stargate, right now. This franchise just doesn't cut it, and not for the lack of people trying to keep it alive, but for MGM to mess around with it.
    Today is my day to feel this way.

Comment

Will MGM represent itself on the Upfronts this week?
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        As your translator, I am offended beyond reason!!!
        Or perhaps not

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        There is no logic behind that they announce the extension of all-access for free then they put back the whole franchise into a sarcophagus.
        There is actually. The All-access people were promised a digital download of the feature cut of Stargate Origins, and that hasn't happened yet because they probably weren't able to finish it on time.
        Technically speaking, they should have gotten it before tomorrow and should have been able to download it too, but I think they seriously frakked it up, and had no other choice but to extent.

However, perhaps more telling is how quiet they've actually been about the extension. I sure didn't see anything on twitter about it, not from the official account anyway. All-access members got a mail about the extension but beyond that, not a peep. Not even a reaction to several disappointed freebies, or even a word on when the feature cut is going to be available beyond the 6 countries.

I'm telling you, that's not a good way to do business.

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
        Today is my day to feel this way.
        Aw... HUGS!!!

Will MGM represent itself on the Upfronts this week?
        What are the Upfronts?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What are the Upfronts?
          This is what Wikipedia says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upfront_(advertising)

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

That is time when the biggest tv networks (NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS) announces what shows were cancelled, what were renewed then they present the first trailers and synopsises of future shows what are going to be aired in September. They also sell these shows to abroad as well, so it is worth of knowing what your country can buy etc. It can be interesting for us as we can know what tv shows are under production. Most of them were pretty boring and uninteresting for me, but most of them will be cancelled after the first season anyway.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upfront_(advertising)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...arties-1104202
            The second link answered my question that MGM doesn't participitate in this yearly event.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I still don't want to believe that the SG franchise is over.
              I've considered it dead the moment the SGU cancellation came through. I'm still surprised SG got any kind of continuation at all, as i expected a reboot some 10 years after SGU, which means we've still got a few more years to go.

Comment

To me, SG is now in the same boat than Half-Life 3.

If it happens, by some miracle or Divine intervention, I'm buying a round for all Gateworld users.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  If it happens, by some miracle or Divine intervention, I'm buying a round for all Gateworld users.

I'm quite confident you're safe.

Comment

I would literally give everything I own for another long running Stargate series.

Comment

Probably the reason why the Feature Cut isn't out yet is because it takes too long to unspin the spinning

Comment

I would also remaster the sound effects and the wormhole effects, so it could reach an almost rewatchable quality.

To me, SG is now in the same boat than Half-Life 3.

Well... As soon as they announce the Stargate : Phoenix officially, it will cost you a fortune....

or Stargate : Exodus, Stargate : Ragnarok, Stargate : Mahabharata... Stargate : Nevermind.

Comment

I think they seriously frakked it up, and had no other choice but to extent.
                          Same here.

All-access members got a mail about the extension but beyond that, not a peep.
                          Apparently, in spite of that, renewal notices are still going out. When members ask, an email goes out about ignoring that notice, that there was a foothold situation. Humorous, but one hand does not know what the other is doing.

or even a word on when the feature cut is going to be available beyond the 6 countries.
                          Yet, the app is available in Catalan, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese…

Aw... HUGS!!!
                          Thanks. I think JM blog was correct and it got to me. Feeling better today though. Back to sarcasm mode.

Originally posted by slayerh4x View Post
                          I would literally give everything I own for another long running Stargate series.
                          Hi, welcome! I still also want SGA Extinction, even as a comic, and would like to see what Christopher Judge would do with a Jaffa-related mini-series. But, my luck, these would be put under lock and key with Origins.

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                          Probably the reason why the Feature Cut isn't out yet is because it takes too long to unspin the spinning

Comment

Would that inlcude 2 kidneys and a liver?

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            That was a practical effect so they would have to cut several frames -- would make it even shorter. They'll end up with a 42-minute episode if they're not careful.

Yet, the app is available in Catalan, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese…
                            Err... no, not really. You can change the language of the menu items in your profile screen and that menu that extents from the -- I kid you not -- icon they call the "hamburger" in the code, the circle with the horizontal lines.

I think it's just part of the template design. Everything is one-language-English, including the CC on the episodes and extras.

I still also want SGA Extinction, even as a comic...
                            Would be interesting to see where they were going to go with that.

Comment

I would give up my freedom and serve a Goa'uld System Lord for a new Series. And I would sell my soul to see an ending to SGU.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I think it's just part of the template design. Everything is one-language-English, including the CC on the episodes and extras.

There is always a catch to the listed features. I need to brush up on my Fair Witness training when writing about SGC. I should have said, "The listing at the Apple stores says that these languages are available," rather than taking it at face value.

I would give up my freedom and serve a Goa'uld System Lord for a new Series. And I would sell my soul to see an ending to SGU.
                                Maybe if I got to pick which Goa'uld. Not sure about Ra.

Comment

Working...
                                X