No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All water under the bridge guys, poor choice of words from my part. French, hum I meant Unas being my native tongue I find myself outgunned by your Carter-grade English skills
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      All water under the bridge guys, poor choice of words from my part. French, hum I meant Unas being my native tongue I find myself outgunned by your Carter-grade English skills
      Ah, vous parlez Français?

And that's as far as I dare to go with my French. My native tongue is Dutch.
      Although, as I continue to frustrate myself in Cinema 4D -- I can honestly say I'm getting quite fluent in gibberish cursing.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Ah, vous parlez Français?
        oui ma chérie

(it means yes my friend)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          oui ma chérie

(it means yes my friend)
          **It means yes my dear

Hon hon hon Omelette du Fromage
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            oui ma chérie
            (it means yes my friend)
            You'll have to pardon my French, but Chaka-Z0 is right about the translation, although I have a feeling you already knew that.

Comment

You'll have to pardon my French, but Chaka-Z0 is right about the translation, although I have a feeling you already knew that.
              gosh I didn't know

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              **It means yes my dear
              snitch

Comment

You're still my favorite, Soul. You know that.

Comment

Starting with Season 4 they started doing HD. So they'd only have to redo the first 3 seasons which isn't much. I'd sell a kidney in order to pay for all of SG-1 on Blu-ray. In fact I refuse to buy Season 2 of Universe because they won't release it on Blu-ray even though season 1 is.

Comment

In fact films that used 70mm film can be made into 16K, 35mm into 8K.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpius1958 View Post
                      Starting with Season 4 they started doing HD. So they'd only have to redo the first 3 seasons which isn't much. I'd sell a kidney in order to pay for all of SG-1 on Blu-ray. In fact I refuse to buy Season 2 of Universe because they won't release it on Blu-ray even though season 1 is.
                      I think it costs more than a kidney to redo 3 seasons to blu-ray quality.

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...-2018-mailbag/

gforce writes: ” Have you heard any new info (that you can discuss) about any possible new Stargate series/movie/anything? All news from that seems to have fallen into a wormhole.”

Answer: I’m out of the loop on the Stargate front. On the heels of the SGO release, Stargate fandom rallied online to show support for a fourth series that could be a launch point for new viewers yet pay homage to the 17 seasons of Stargate that came before. It was an amazing display of fan loyalty and, while I didn’t expect the campaign would spur MGM to make any sort of official announcement concerning the fate of the franchise, I assumed they would at least acknowledge the amazing fan effort. Their disregard of the campaign was genuinely surprising, disappointing and, in my estimation, doesn’t bode well for longtime fans.

coveredincathair writes: “Any news on the Stargate front???”

Answer: See above. I heard a rumor that there was a fourth series idea in play, one that would have completed ignored the pre-existing t.v. series, but interest in it was lukewarm. Again, just a rumor, but interesting.

Quantum Mechanics writes: “So, any news on the Stargate front? How about how your screenplay is coming along? Do you read digital comics or just hard copies? As I have gotten older, I need a large screen (32 inch) in order to see comics anymore and sometimes even then, use the magnifier app on my laptop HDMI’d to the big screen.

Finally, how did you get Dark Matter from an idea to a comic book?”

Answer: See above. The studio acknowledged fans who supported SGO but pretty much ignored the massive online fan campaign that followed.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You're still my favorite, Soul. You know that.
                          As your translator, I am offended beyond reason!!!

Or perhaps not
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            It was an amazing display of fan loyalty and, while I didn’t expect the campaign would spur MGM to make any sort of official announcement concerning the fate of the franchise, I assumed they would at least acknowledge the amazing fan effort. Their disregard of the campaign was genuinely surprising, disappointing and, in my estimation, doesn’t bode well for longtime fans.
                            Candles, anyone?
                            https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...l_303_0503.JPG

Comment

I still don't want to believe that the SG franchise is over. There is no logic behind that they announce the extension of all-access for free then they put back the whole franchise into a sarcophagus. Maybe they expect more subscribers for the summer to earn more money- Hopefully they will announce something shortly, but anyway JM was right that they should have made a statement to the twitter campaign or something. Or if they don't want to make any future SG projects, then they should not fool the fans anymore. Better would be to sell it to an other company.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                Better would be to sell it to an other company.

Comment

Working...
                                X