MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://josephmallozzi.com/2021/02/1...te-blog-entry/

JM's response was part of his showrunner routine as probably he also doesn't know too much. He has shared a few amazing season 1 concept arts recently.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Some clickbait sites are spreading rumory that an animated Stargate series is coming to Netflix. I doubt it is true as most of us would be disappointed. If they could hire the actors as voice actors then maybe it could work, but we expected live action continuation.
      Last edited by Platschu; 04 March 2021, 02:55 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Some clickbait sitres spread the rumor that an animated Stargate series is coming to Netflix. I doubt it is true as most of us would be disappointed. If they could hire the actors as voice actors then maybe it could work, but we expected live action continuation.
        Oh lawd, what's with this fake news about Stargate all of a sudden? One might think something was being worked on, why else would anyone put so much energy into doing this with Stargate.

Comment

They must be desperate to fabricate some news for viewers. Just people started to panic on FaceBook about it. So many fans don't know about the possible fourth series at all as not everybody know GateWorld.

Comment

Brad Wright and Joseph Mallozzi were asked about it on Twitter and both of them denied the animated series gossip. Panic is over.

Comment

Hey, don't knock it... Star Wars' animated series work. So do the Star Trek ones... Stargate could benefit from it just as much.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It depends if we talk about classic cartoon, some oriental anime style or real comouter animated series like Clone Wars. I wouldn't be against the idea as maybe it would be easier to rebuild the SGC or Destiny set on an animated series if we could get an anthology type of animated movie series, just I believe the fans wanted live action show. If we ever reach the 6th and 7th chevron at all with the development process.

Comment

....I believe the fans wanted live action show...
                  What the fans want is SG-1 -- that's impossible at this stage.

Or SGU / SGA -- depends which fans you ask.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wouldn't mind an animated show, as long as the themes and moods still match the original shows (so, not a children's animated show). The two Avatar shows, and Star Wars The Clone Wars/Rebels are pretty close. They don't shy away from mature themes (but obviously still do things child-friendly due to their intended age rating)

Some comments I've seen ("animation is for children") are just plain awful, but I also get just as tired as Joe or Brad seeing people asking them whether they're involved with it, not putting 2 and 2 together.

This kind of fake news is probably worse than no news.
                    Last edited by NickEast; 05 March 2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Oh dear System Lord, it's spreading. Now the same story is being reported by a Dutch media site...

And they don't even know the order of the franchise

Comment

I'd have no problems with an animated Stargate series, especially if it was taken seriously.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Animated series would be an option to show something extraordinary landscapes. I know I repeat this all the time. I just want to see different climates, terrains, a few weird trees or bushes etc. We search for alien life outside of our planet while there are so many rare and unique looking animals, plants and mushrooms here.

BW even praised the led wall of the Mandalorian, so he is developing a live-action show.

Comment

MGM has posted a new rebrand video 2 days ago :
                            https://youtu.be/escZ4PZX8BE
                            I was expecting an announcement whether they are sold or not officially.

The new logo is really great and shiny. I imagined what if the lion could roar in the stargate?

Comment

An animated series seems plausible with live action filming having challenges. Beyond that necessity I’m not sure why TBTB would go this route. I wouldn’t say no as long as some of the original creators were involved.

Comment

MGM has posted a new rebrand video 2 days ago :
                                https://youtu.be/escZ4PZX8BE
                                I was expecting an announcement whether they are sold or not officially.

The new logo is really great and shiny. I imagined what if the lion could roar in the stargate?
                                Aw man, I really liked the previous HD version. It was identical to the one before that and, AFAIK, the longest-used one, used during the 80s, 90, and 00s (with the shorter single-roar version used with Stargate SG-1). They updated it a few years ago to make it HD and add a zoom out from the lion's eye, but it was otherwise exactly the same. I like that they kept the same (double) roar, but it doesn't appear synced as well as with the previous two versions. Ironic, since the lion is computer generated.

Wow, consider how much impact such a logo has that I talk about it like this

Ironically, I wanted to make some fan-art where the logo blended into the Stargate, much like what happens in some movies with 20th Century Fox, Universal, and Warner Bros. where they change to fit some kind of theme or mood (like the Universal Earth freezing over in The Day After Tomorrow).

I'm very surprised to see how much faith people seem to be having in MGM, even to the point where they think it can go against Disney.

Comment

Working...
                                X