• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you will be before you finish
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I am sure "they are working on it"... But back to seriousness, what is this negativity, FH? You are one of the most positive fan in spite of all the mostly negative feedbacks. We all knew that MGM won't care about the twitter storm. The franchise is still locked back to the sarcophagus, but the RPG is coming, novels are coming.... And the power of the fans still exist.

We can expand the SG lore by ourselves : new galaxies, new gate networks, new gate protocolls, new and old races with different status quos, alliances can be forged, ancient enemies can lurke between the voids etc. So only the imagination is the limit as new "settings" can be created in different timelines, different locations. So if you are interested I can write up some ideas then we can still have fun within the SG lore. It is time that we should make our own "expanded universe" version of Stargate. Don't forget that the universe is infinite.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

"We bid you a not-so-fond farewell and hope to never see you again" -- kind of thing..."

CLOSE THE IRIS.

:bang:

Oops.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          But back to seriousness, what is this negativity, FH? You are one of the most positive fan in spite of all the mostly negative feedbacks.
          I'm not negative. I'm being realistic.
          Or as the theme song of CSI: Miami goes "Won't Get Fooled Again".

...And the power of the fans still exist.
          No, it doesn't.

It's what we like to tell ourselves, but unfortunately that requires unity and Stargate doesn't have that.

We can expand the SG lore by ourselves...
          About that, got any riddles I could turn into digital escape room material?

CLOSE THE IRIS.

:bang:

Oops.
          Shouldn't that be *SPLAT* instead?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We can expand the SG lore by ourselves : new galaxies, new gate networks, new gate protocolls, new and old races with different status quos, alliances can be forged, ancient enemies can lurke between the voids etc. So only the imagination is the limit as new "settings" can be created in different timelines, different locations. So if you are interested I can write up some ideas then we can still have fun within the SG lore. It is time that we should make our own "expanded universe" version of Stargate. Don't forget that the universe is infinite.
            Well said Platschu.

Comment

Checked the SGC site one last time, it now directs you to the YouTube channel.
              I’m glad I didn’t waste my time chasing after points or what ever they were like I did with the Command Coins. Hopefully 2020 will bring us good news for the franchise.

Happy New Year!

Comment

I am glad that I have left that sinking ship in time too. But I am still sad what has happened and how they have deleted everything. This haunting memory will always be connected in my mind when we ever talk about the SGC. But anyway that chapter is closed now, it is time to open a new one.

Happy New Year, gaters!

Comment

I wonder how long the YouTube channel will stay "active"...

Happy new year, gaters!

Comment

Another Tweetstorm...Jan 25 for Europe. https://josephmallozzi.com/2020/01/0...opean-edition/

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                      Another Tweetstorm...Jan 25 for Europe. https://josephmallozzi.com/2020/01/0...opean-edition/
                      Excellent "puts the date and time in my calendar"

Comment

Maybe I will register myself on the Twitter in spite of I don't really believe in twitter campaigns. We haven't had any result last time as MGM has just ignored it completly.

Comment

Maybe I will register myself on the Twitter in spite of I don't really believe in twitter campaigns. We haven't had any result last time as MGM has just ignored it completly.
                          And that's why MGM isn't the focus this time around.

Europe doesn't even need to have it trend -- no reason for Stargate_Now to complain about 9 or so people tweeting too soon. Yes, they are still involved so not too eager to dance to their tune again. Crazy Tom is still with them so they can politely stick it where the sun don't shine.

This tweetstorms main focus is on the streaming services, or at least, the ones we, as fans, have access to -- which in my case is Netflix only -- trying to find someone to give MGM a reason to invest (as little money as possible because the other party will do all the heavy lifting obviously).

The previous one should have done the same but apparently they haven't learned their lesson from last time when MGM/Command was silent on all fronts.

Comment

Ah, glad to see the EU one up. I'm more than happy to join in with these, it costs nothing from me.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And that's why MGM isn't the focus this time around.

Europe doesn't even need to have it trend -- no reason for Stargate_Now to complain about 9 or so people tweeting too soon. Yes, they are still involved so not too eager to dance to their tune again. Crazy Tom is still with them so they can politely stick it where the sun don't shine.

This tweetstorms main focus is on the streaming services, or at least, the ones we, as fans, have access to -- which in my case is Netflix only -- trying to find someone to give MGM a reason to invest (as little money as possible because the other party will do all the heavy lifting obviously).

The previous one should have done the same but apparently they haven't learned their lesson from last time when MGM/Command was silent on all fronts.
                              Stargate_Now isn't directly involved with this one, but rather it's Stargate_Now_Europe, which is run by very different people (from Europe).

I'm probably not going to participate, because my time is more efficiently spent elsewhere. Without hearing even a peep from MGM/SGC I have no desire to fall to deaf ears again. Only when there would've been a direct response, and/or some guarantees by TPTB would I have done it, and also consider returning to being more active around Stargate. But as it stands now, that's not going to happen.

GateWorld also seemed to report that Apple is interested in acquiring MGM either partially or entirely, which could (said skeptically) mean Apple would consider developing Stargate. Now, I'm not a fan of Apple as a whole, and I would hesitate to subscribe to Apple TV (especially since I already have three services that I'm using), but depending on the type of content I would consider it at least.

Comment

I am also not a big fan of Apple, but as long as something will happen it is a step ahead. MGM doesn't want to do anything with the franchise, so maybe someone else would be interested to give us new SG adventures. I mean in-canon, no reboot pilot then a mini series / full season.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...sidering-sale/

Comment

Working...
                                X