No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m kinda wondering if there’s any staff left over there. They don’t do the weekly YouTube episodes any more and there hasn’t been a new “guided” discussion added since SDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
      I’m kinda wondering if there’s any staff left over there. They don’t do the weekly YouTube episodes any more and there hasn’t been a new “guided” discussion added since SDCC.
      Their presence on social media has dropped considerably too -- like... none existent. Like it's an afterthought.

I thought they said they'd bring the YouTube episodes back after the summer... It's autumn so "after the summer" is now officially after the summer.

Perhaps they really do only want the app to be for streaming -- less work for the team. Also needs less people involved.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This thread started in February 2018, we have seen no new stargate, nor any suggestions of more stargate.
        Does anybody on here still believe "MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC" ?
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          This thread started in February 2018, we have seen no new stargate, nor any suggestions of more stargate.
          Does anybody on here still believe "MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC" ?
          Yeah, title's no longer relevant. Perhaps a change should be in order.

Comment

Was it ever truly relevant? Its like that poster who said an SG1 prequel was coming. I'll believe both of these when I see it
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Was it ever truly relevant? Its like that poster who said an SG1 prequel was coming. I'll believe both of these when I see it
              That post is "fake news" -- no idea, what the purpose of it was though.

However, MGM is currently at a Brand Licensing convention in London where it's looking to expand on their Robocop brand, and on Stargate as well. Found that in an article. Convention runs from today to thursday.

As far as relevance goes... well, that depends on the people you ask. If it's people with full access, they probably consider it more relevant than does who don't. I don't know.

It's kind of sad though, seeing the name Stargate treated this way. It deserves better, way better.

Comment

The point is still the same. Until I see concrete proof, I'm a skeptic at best
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  That post is "fake news" -- no idea, what the purpose of it was though..
                  He was straight up screwing with us. He posted that on Reddit as well.

Comment

I honestly don't understand why this headline is still up on GW home page...

''Brad Wright is working on new Stargate''

Obvious and complete utter BS, get that off.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I believe Darren of GateWorld would've said something by now.

Comment

He was straight up screwing with us. He posted that on Reddit as well.
                        I'm more amused that nobody jumped on it. The post was up for hours before Elite Anubis Guard ruined his attempt at fooling the lot of us -- although I doubt anyone really cared enough to think it could be remotely real. There was no buzz so that boulder of salt was still stuck in the mine, in a manner of speaking.

Don't know how Reddit dealt with it -- maybe they ran with it.

Also, suspicions of troll activity when I noticed a new user with a similar name pop up though I imagine they were blocked almost immediately by way of the username they picked.

Comment

A couple of redditors fell for it, most complaining "a prequel? I'll pass!!!" (I mostly feel the same way, but I'll take what we can get at this point.) After he got called out, the poster said something like "lighten up! it was a joke! Ha ha!" I don't remember what else was said and it seems the thread was deleted.

Comment

A couple of redditors fell for it, most complaining "a prequel? I'll pass!!!" (I mostly feel the same way, but I'll take what we can get at this point.) After he got called out, the poster said something like "lighten up! it was a joke! Ha ha!" I don't remember what else was said and it seems the thread was deleted.
                            Ouch...

Well, it won't be deleted here... but it can be locked or altered.

Comment

Honestly i'll believe there's new stargate when the actual episode is on my actual screen.

Comment

All of us want new Stargate. I feel your pain. But a young Teal'c / prequel SG-1 wouldn't work anyway as the show was heavily based on Daniel Jackson's discoveries. There is no SG-1 without him and Teal'c would also not turn against Apophis, so this whole prequel idea was a really bad and rushed joke.

I wish I could find investors and buy the brand from MGM. This thread turned into an endless hope of glorious return what has never happened. You know 4-6-8 streaming companies are fighting for viewers, announcing more and more new fresh live action materials and it is a golden age of digital television, while Stargate was stuck in melancholy and nostalgia on an underdeveloped and unprofessional application. It is a shame, MGM, that you waste this franchise. But they will never read this thread anyway...
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X