I was thinking the other day... what ship is the most powerfull? I say
    1. Atlantis
    2. The O'Neill
    3. Daedalus/Prometheus
    4. Wraith hive ship
    5. Ha'tak class vessel
    6. Star Trek Galaxy class vessel
    Lead developer of Star Media Center.

- My name is Anise, it means divine justice.
    - My name is Daniel, it means God is my judge.
    - My name is Jack, it means... What's in the box?

Originally posted by Narim
    1. Atlantis
    2. The O'Neill
    3. Daedalus/Prometheus
    4. Wraith hive ship
    5. Ha'tak class vessel

Either Atlantis or a Galaxy class star trek vessel, if you've ever read up on the potential of matter/anti-matter weapons then you would know where I'm coming from. Some how star trek never shows anti-matter weapons to be as powerful as they actually would be.

Comment

atlantis definitly - it a city with a huge shield that can go intergalatic for christ sake!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        atlantis definitly - it a city with a huge shield that can go intergalatic for christ sake!

yap yap that doesn't tell up anything about

1. How much punishment that shield can take

2. What's it's full weapons capabilities are, all we have seen that it's has are drones......

Just cos it can do "X" doesn't mean it can do "Y and Z" as well....don't make blanket assumptions.

Comment

Enterprise brokes down regulary, it requires hundreds of people to operate, it only does warp 9.9 at best - it takes to move from one quadrant to another about 70 years... the Asgard ships do that in mere seconds and the Goa'uld in days. I really think that a Trek vessel would be owned even by an Alchesch (spelling?).

Well... when I started the thread I ment to say a list, a classament of ships that would be the most powerfull in scifi. And I forgot BSG... I think that will come on the last place. They still use nukes and fighterbombers with limited power. I think that a Glider will clean the floor with a BSG fighter.
          Lead developer of Star Media Center.

- My name is Anise, it means divine justice.
          - My name is Daniel, it means God is my judge.
          - My name is Jack, it means... What's in the box?

Comment

Atlantis
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Narim
              1. Atlantis
              2. The O'Neill
              3. Daedalus/Prometheus
              4. Wraith hive ship
              5. Ha'tak class vessel

I'd say Galaxy class or Atlantis...although we don't really know what a hive ship is capable of...so I'll include that one, too.
              thankee toasteronfire

Comment

You forgot to include Anubis' ship....that thing was bad @ss...well before we destroyed it and his uber weapon

Comment

yeah, but even anubis' ship couldn't have stood up to atlantis. and for the original question, im going with atlantis, like i said.
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Rite. Anubis's mothership would kick major (not to mention colonel, and general) booty. If only Anubis had a more competant underling. (i.e. Spiko)
                    Atlantis would probly when, even againts hive ship because it was suggested that it would take many hive ships.
                    Galaxy class would get its butt kicked by all. True, it has anti-matter weapons, but Atlantis has multiple naquada things that could detonate and cause nuclear-level explosions. Every one of these ships can go WAY faster than Galaxy class and I'm sure even anti-matter weapons can't get through Asguard ships, or Atlantis.
                    Yo no sé.

Comment

Pfft the Galaxy has the Deflector, the ultimate weapon of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        Pfft the Galaxy has the Deflector, the ultimate weapon of all time.
                        Yeah but warp, is nothing close to Hyperspeed, the closest thing to that in Trek is Transwarp, which the federation can't get working. And deflectors have a tendancy to explode.

Comment

Actually Warp would be better in a ship vs ship battle unless we're allowed to run away and regroup and stuff. Warps ability to engage right away and travel small distances without problem is invaluable.

SG1 uses Plasma weapons, they travel very slow compared to the phaser arrays. A Photon Torpedo is also much faster then the plasma on SG1.

As for Matter/Anti-Matter. Sure the Photon has an explosive force of 80 MT according to some, however no explosion on any ST series has shown that capability.

If I have to guess:

Atlantis vs Galaxy: Atlantis (Drones+size+shields)
                          2. The O'Neill vs Galaxy: The O'Neill (size)
                          3. Daedalus/Prometheus vs Galaxy: Galaxy (Earth got crappy weapons)
                          4. Wraith hive ship vs Galaxy: (unsure)Hive Ship(I liked their weapons, but unsure of their shields)
                          5. Ha'tak class vessel vs Galaxy: Galaxy by far(Ha'tak lacks in firepower and shields)

As for SG1:
                          Atlantis (Ancient, Size, Weapons, Shields)
                          O'Neill (Shields, Weapons, Size)
                          Hive Ship (Size, Weapons)
                          BC-303 (Shields)
                          Ha'tak (Poor weapons and shields)

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Actually Warp would be better in a ship vs ship battle unless we're allowed to run away and regroup and stuff. Warps ability to engage right away and travel small distances without problem is invaluable.
                            But surely with a constant power source, and a more advanced engine Hyperspeed could be as easy to get in and out of as Warp?

Comment

the J/S would just swarm the rest with sheer numbers....

Oh wait you mean spaceship! (The atlantis is not a ship its a city foo!)

And the O'Neilll would kick the rest of their asses.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X