X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Language Of The Ancients

Hello

I know it's kind of a stupid request, but just for fun, does anyone know where I can find a web site that shows you how to write in Ancient?

God bless

you aren't the only one who wants to know how to read ancient and write it I hope that people can help you
    Lord Zedd

Comment

how to write and read it??? jeez, it just looks like a bunch of dashes to me. but i think that its a very old form of latin when spoken, if that helps at all.

Comment

In the Atlantis Season one forum there is a thread called Ancient alphabet (I think I got it). Not only does it have the alphabet it also has many translations from the show.
        I hope this helps.
        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

You can see that thread here. There's some basic information there in the first post, and updates later. Enjoy!
          Tripudire est irritus
          Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
          We are the Mooninites

Comment

The art department at Bridge Studios is still working on an actual language - alot of it has been gibberish supposedly - but they didn't know the fans were actually deciphiring it - so they are still working at getting universal.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
              The art department at Bridge Studios is still working on an actual language - alot of it has been gibberish supposedly - but they didn't know the fans were actually deciphiring it - so they are still working at getting universal.
              If by language you mean English with the characters from the Roman alphabet replaced with the made up ones then yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WurdBendur
                You can see that thread here. There's some basic information there in the first post, and updates later. Enjoy!
                Its very interesting
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by defina91rvc
                  i think that its a very old form of latin when spoken, if that helps at all.
                  I'm agree, I don't know how is the alphabeth, but it sounds like Latin.
                  LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
                  Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

Originally posted by pinguino_89
                    I'm agree, I don't know how is the alphabeth, but it sounds like Latin.
                    Daniel said it sounded like medieval Latin, though it's a little different. The examples we've heard so far suggest that it's a bit simpler, for the nouns at least.
                    Tripudire est irritus
                    Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                    We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                      If by language you mean English with the characters from the Roman alphabet replaced with the made up ones then yes it is.
                      No!!! I remember in a interview they said they didnt realize that fans where actually translating it - previous to S7 it was all pretty much gibberish

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                        No!!! I remember in a interview they said they didnt realize that fans where actually translating it - previous to S7 it was all pretty much gibberish
                        They simply meant that fans had decrypted the Ancient alphabet, but all written text is English.. just using a different font (which is mostly available for you to download).

Comment

Hm

I wish they did use Midieval latin, I remember how much fun deciphering what the Abydoins said in the movie was

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisluva
                            Hm

I wish they did use Midieval latin, I remember how much fun deciphering what the Abydoins said in the movie was
                            What did they say? I haven't tried to decipher it, and I don't know much about ancient Egyptian.
                            Tripudire est irritus
                            Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                            We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by WurdBendur
                              Daniel said it sounded like medieval Latin, though it's a little different. The examples we've heard so far suggest that it's a bit simpler, for the nouns at least.
                              he said it looks simmilar, with different stems. It basicly had the ancient but with a minor difference or two
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                              X