Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

*Walks away with Fan killing swords*
      Oops...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

A few months ago people were going nuts over how bad Battlefront was. Now i'm seeing page after page being piled with people loving it. People change their opinions. People hated Star Wars, now i'm seeing them love how it uses practical effects etc etc etc.
        When it was first released Star Wars was a goofy summer sci-fi movie. The sequel was a depressing addition to a fun, but sort of silly summer sci-fi movie.. It took time to build into the legendary classic sci-fi series we know now.. The prequels were hated by the fans of the original series. Now new fans who grew up in a world where the prequels already existed and don't have that investment in the originals don't think they're that bad. They might even complain Episode 7 ruins the classic feel of the prequel series they love so much.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Are your DVD's suddenly going to loose their content? Is the internet suddenly going to loose those million amount of words written in fanfic (which occasionally redcons every bit of the show, or ignores certain events to the authors content)?

If the answer is no, stop being so dramatic.
        If the answer is yes, then we have a problem.
        But it's new and scary!! What if we can't just accept it exists, watch it to show we're interested in keeping Stargate alive, but then go back to watching the version we like so much!! They remade The Thing twice!! The third one was terrible! And now I can't watch the second version ever again!!
        Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 13 October 2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I love Jar-Jar Binks.

Comment

I love Jar-Jar Binks.
            Indeed The Phantom Menace is a timeless classic

Comment

I love Jar-Jar Binks.
              Me-sa likes Jar-Jar too!
              sigpic

Comment

Woohoo!!

I also love the Ewoks, C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8.

Comment

I liked Revenge of the Sith, I think it was very well done. Besides, I don't trust sci-fi fans who simply like the original just because. I mean...Star Trek (TOS) is dull and is pretty much a western in space. There's nothing really that special about it...so I don't get the anti-Star Trek reboot crowd.

I mean...how many times can Kirk free a African Tribe stand in population of fifty from a false god?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked Revenge of the Sith, I think it was very well done. Besides, I don't trust sci-fi fans who simply like the original just because. I mean...Star Trek (TOS) is dull and is pretty much a western in space. There's nothing really that special about it...so I don't get the anti-Star Trek reboot crowd.

I mean...how many times can Kirk free a African Tribe stand in population of fifty from a false god?
                    Remember that Star Wars and Star Trek were the first of it's kind. It's given them immense leeway. Basically if you wanted to see sci fi back in the day, you could pretty much flip a coin: go to the theater to watch Star Wars or rent a VHS for Star Trek. (or turn on the tv and hope you're lucky).

While there were plenty of sci fi books and comics etc, what Trek and Wars did was unique.

Also, nostalgia.

Comment

I agree...I will watch TOS...but I don't personally care for it. Just like with Stargate shows...I love SG1 and SGA. I started out with a strong disliking of SGU...however...it slowly won me over.
                      sigpic

Comment

Old fans die, new fans are born -- it's the circle of fandom life!
                        Ain't that just so...
                        sigpic

Comment

Are your DVD's suddenly going to loose their content? Is the internet suddenly going to loose those million amount of words written in fanfic (which occasionally redcons every bit of the show, or ignores certain events to the authors content)?

If the answer is no, stop being so dramatic.
                          If the answer is yes, then we have a problem.
                          100% this. It can't take away from your previous enjoyment. The new movies might be amazing!

Comment

I predict:

Lots of CGI, like soooo much. Like over the top.
                            Everyone is super attractive. There will be cleavage somewhere.
                            Some sort of super annoying camera style - lens flare, all hand-held cam, super dark etc.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              Lots of CGI, like soooo much.
                              Can we please stop with the whole "CGI = standard for bad movie" bullcrap? Seriously. Have you ever watched one of those CGI breakdowns and noticed just how much is CGI and just how much of it you don't notice?

In SGA's Vegas, the airplanes were CGI, something Mallozzi had to confirm because people kept asking how they got the planes. If a movie has a helicopter, it's probably CGI.

Even Mad Max, seen as the herald of practical effects, is absolutely chock full of CGI. It's just good CGI.

Comment

I predict:

Lots of CGI, like soooo much. Like over the top.
                                This will probably be true, but that would require quite budget. Will MGM be willing to go all out? Probably depends on how well ID does.

Everyone is super attractive. There will be cleavage somewhere.
                                That's always the case, hardly a prediction.
                                Emma Watson, JLaw and other actresses are correct. But maybe now that Hollywood is under investigation, this might not come to pass.

Some sort of super annoying camera style - lens flare, all hand-held cam, super dark etc.
                                LOL - probably also going to be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X