Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al'kesh / troop transport - a deffierence?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al'kesh / troop transport - a deffierence?

Is there a difference between the Al'kesh and the Goa'uld troop transports.

I kinda don't think so 'cause the troop transpots look a lot like the alien attackers from ID4 whereas the Al'keshes kinda look like like a combination between a Hatak and a tel'tak only gray with engines at the rear.

Just asking becaue I wanna be sure. I want to be the biggest geek I can be.

Troop transports are larger, bigger on y&z-axis(from which angle does one measure spaceships?), unarmed and probably better armored.

Comment

aside from the fact they look completely different?
      Or from the fatc thta the troop transport is completely unarmed?

Of course theres a difference other wise we wouldnb't know the troop transport excisted.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        aside from the fact they look completely different?
        Well, we never got a real good look at one.

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        Of course theres a difference other wise we wouldnb't know the troop transport excisted.
        They have been mentioned at least once that I can remember.

Comment

????????

No they haven't the only reason we know of troop transports are their apperances in Full Circle and Summit.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Was this just a bad time to ask or something?

All I'm saying is that an alkesh might look different in another angle than what we're used to and could have been mistaken for a troop transport.

But, nevermind. If people are gonna go around and talk down to newbies than this isn't the place for me.

Comment

There's such a thing as "talking down a newbie" and "telling the truth"

Comment

the troop transports are flattened on the bottom and can land on the ground flat (Judging from the scene in "Last Stand" when jack says "They appeared to be amassing a few troops") you can get a really good look at it then, it is the ship in the middle a little bit back from the two alkesh and the front seems to be more squared off than an al'kesh. they do seem to be more or less the same size though.
                here is a pic of the transport from the entry in the omnipedia
                http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/s...ransport.shtml

and here is the al'kesh
                http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/ships/a/alkesh.shtml

definately different, the al'kesh has softer angles and a rounded bottom, the transport has sharp angles and a flat bottom (presumambly for landing)
                Last edited by spg_1983; 08 February 2005, 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed links

Comment

Great links spg(they kinda look the same to me )

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Great links spg(they kinda look the same to me )
                    they are very similar, and at quick glance one could mistake the transport for the al'kesh but if you put them side by side they actually are quite different. the flat bottom is the most obvious difference if you look at it from the sides or the back it seems that that is the only difference, when you look at it from the front, the "bridge" area has squared off corners but the peak that the al'kesh has isnt there, it curves back smooth. if you llok from above down onto it it lloks like the same shape except that the al'kesh's bow is a point and the transport is flattened.

Comment

An al'kesh isn't the same as the troop transport ship take a peek at the omnipedia perhaps you can find a picture there
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                        they are very similar, and at quick glance one could mistake the transport for the al'kesh but if you put them side by side they actually are quite different. the flat bottom is the most obvious difference if you look at it from the sides or the back it seems that that is the only difference, when you look at it from the front, the "bridge" area has squared off corners but the peak that the al'kesh has isnt there, it curves back smooth. if you llok from above down onto it it lloks like the same shape except that the al'kesh's bow is a point and the transport is flattened.
                        Have you read your own links? Let me give you a hint
                        "
                        http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/index.shtml

and here is the al'kesh
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Have you read your own links? Let me give you a hint
                          "

and here is the al'kesh
                          "
                          LOL ill have to fix those

Comment

ok the links are right now

Comment

Working...
                            X