This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite theme music?

Of the two major SG series out, which opeing credit sequence music do you prefer?

I love the Atlantis theme! It's beautiful and very uplifting! I especailly love it when it gets all angellic!

Oh, SG music...remember Paradise Lost (SG1)? Well, y'know that rythmic drumming that was heard when O'Neill and Maybourne first arrived at the planet and first realized they were all alone? There was also 2+ minutes of music playing as O'neill went all paranoid before, during and after while he was doing a skeleton census and then onto the bleach bypass shots where the scene turned from a very warm orangeish hue to a cool blueish gray signifying O'Neill's plunge into the drug-induced paranoia.

Totally awesome! The music in that ep. is why that's one of - if not my favorite episode!

ditto on the atlantis theme!! always great to hear choral work in scifi/fantasy music and atlantis is no exception...

but i also LOVE (and would buy the soundtrack!!!) the music of lost city!!! it becomes the atlantis theme later, but, especially the music at the end, if more theatrical and beautiful that through most of the show!!! and when the (later to become) atlantis theme plays at the end when they're saying goodbye to jack and daniel is saying that they haven't found the lost city yet.... BEST MUSIC OF THE SERIES!!!

Comment

I loved the music that played in Gemini, where they're trying to figure out what's happening and who's sending them a message. Would have to watch the episode again to check, but it might even be in the first scene immediately after the credits. We get a shot of the gate and then the camera sweeps around through the glass of the control room and to the monitor where Sam is sitting. I couldn't recall having heard that piece before, but it just grabbed something in me.

Also, the piece of music that plays in the teaser of Tangent, when they're inspecting the plane and is later reprised when Jack and Teal'c are ringed up by Jacob to safety. It just perfectly fits the moment in each case and most especially in the second scene. I love how it ends at precisely the right moment when they appear in the ship.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

that music really did fit that episode! as did the music in descent (and i've seen it enough times to know!!!!!!!!! )

Comment

The SG-1 series theme, all orchestrated and everything, sounds very regal.

Comment

I like the Atlantis theme better, but that could be due to 8 years of hearing SG1 music and I could just be tired of it - and, no, no. .I don't want it changed.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

One of the Stargate's musics that I love is the one of the episode "Emanacipation", in the final fight, and the music of "Meridian" in the end of the episode.

But I like all the Stargate's music.
              LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
              Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

I prefer SG1 theme, but in the uk building up to atlantis they used a RHCP song in the adverts witch sounded cool
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I still like the stargate SG1 theme.The Atlantis theme isn't bad but I think that it is missing something that the theme of SG.1 and the themes during the show.I like the one music from Seth and the Tok'ra.In Seth SG.1 decids to go in.They burn down the fences and get in the forest and then they return and meet Hamner from the ATF.Some kind of excitment music
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

All the theme music rocks. sg1 theme music is always great to hear and the Atlantis one is just so cool and new.
                    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Atlantis-intro is much better then SG1. I also love the Nox theme.

Comment

I enjoy both themes. I like the SG-1 music a lot, but the Atlantis theme is new and different.

Comment

I have a picture of John and Rodney toghether on my desktop, on my cell's wall paper, the SGA opening as my ringtone, the SGA plays when my computer starts instead of the usaly windows music. My fish tank have little pictures of joe & david as wall paper, I have pictures all over my room, sometimes I call somebody in front of me joe or david in midsentence, my baby one month old kittens are named after the SGA cast, and the number one mp3 played on my Dell Dj is the theme.

Am I obsessive? *tweak*

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                            Of the two major SG series out, which opeing credit sequence music do you prefer?

I love the Atlantis theme! It's beautiful and very uplifting! I especailly love it when it gets all angellic!

Oh, SG music...remember Paradise Lost (SG1)? Well, y'know that rythmic drumming that was heard when O'Neill and Maybourne first arrived at the planet and first realized they were all alone? There was also 2+ minutes of music playing as O'neill went all paranoid before, during and after while he was doing a skeleton census and then onto the bleach bypass shots where the scene turned from a very warm orangeish hue to a cool blueish gray signifying O'Neill's plunge into the drug-induced paranoia.

Totally awesome! The music in that ep. is why that's one of - if not my favorite episode!
                            I really, really, really liked the Stargate movie theme, which is slightly different than the SG-1 theme.

Comment

I have always loved the original Stargate Movie theme. Very Very good
                              Also the Atlantis Tune is great aswell.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X