This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I'm personally against that. You should add a LGBT if it fits the story not to appease a group
    jel, i think he was continuing the joke per:
    token cute asian girl for the asian market - modern day fake nerd with hipster glasses to appeal to the modern day fake nerds with hipster glasses
    Include a token black guy to die then and a token "too good for this world" sean bean.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I'm personally against that. You should add a LGBT if it fits the story not to appease a group
      No, you should add an LGBT member for the same reason you would add a straight character.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        jel, i think he was continuing the joke per:

Include a token black guy to die then and a token "too good for this world" sean bean.
        Fair enough. I am just against throwing in characters to appease demographics. A joke is different.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

That;s what i was going with. Jmoz seemed to have 2 token characters, the cute asian chick for both the oriental and female demographic, and Mr Bernal to appease the growing latino market.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That;s what i was going with. Jmoz seemed to have 2 token characters, the cute asian chick for both the oriental and female demographic, and Mr Bernal to appease the growing latino market.
            Could kill many three birds with one stone and have a female Asian Hispanic...who is a gay hipster
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Could kill many three birds with one stone and have a female Asian Hispanic...who is a gay hipster
              you forgot the fake glasses! how dare you!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                If they even went halfway that outlandish, just to 'appease' people, it would turn me RIGHT off the show.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  If they even went halfway that outlandish, just to 'appease' people, it would turn me RIGHT off the show.
                  It's really a foggy thing though. You could simply cast for talent and write the character accordingly, but you'd still get nailed for having an all white cast, or a "diverse" cast to appease the people or a token. But then there's an issue of realistic depictions. As far as I know, there are no female generals or Admirals in the US armed forces so if a female general Hammond appears....yeah about that. But if it takes place a decade from now it wouldn't be so odd. If it's a whole SGC of white people(Or of any kind)....yeah about that. But if there are proportional minorities then okay.

It's not nearly as bad as making films that take place in the past conform to today's standards regarding gender and race. That's where the appeasement can become easily noticeable.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X