This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
    Assuming that Emmerich and Devlin utilize the same characters from the film and exclude those that were introduced in the TV series, who would you choose to play new versions of the characters from the 1994 film?

-Jack O'Neil
    -Daniel Jackson
    -Ra
    -Kasuf
    -Skaara
    -Sha'uri
    -Kawalski
    -Feretti
    -Catherine Langford
    -WO West

-Any others you want to specifically cast.

I figured we've all been rolling this one around for a while, so why not discuss it. Yes, this has probably been beaten to death over the years but now it's a little more real with the prospect of the upcoming trilogy. So why not engage our imaginations?

-Jack O'Neil - Christopher Eccleston
    -Daniel Jackson - Matt Smith
    -Kasuf -Sylvestor McCoy
    -Skaara - Daniel Athony
    -Sha'uri - Jenna Coleman
    -Kawalski - Paul McGann
    -Feretti - David Tennant
    -Catherine Langford - Alex Kingston
    -General West - John Hurt

... what?
    Last edited by Flyboy; 08 June 2014, 08:57 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well its quite uncommon for an American movie to have a cast complete with British TV actors. I would bet even half of them don't even have a SAG card
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Well its quite uncommon for an American movie to have a cast complete with British TV actors. I would bet even half of them don't even have a SAG card
        Fine, we'll throw John Barrowman in as another airman then, happy?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I personally don't care but MGM probably does
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            -Jack O'Neil - Christopher Eccleston
            -Daniel Jackson - Matt Smith
            -Kasuf -Sylvestor McCoy
            -Skaara - Daniel Athony
            -Sha'uri - Jenna Coleman
            -Kawalski - Paul McGann
            -Feretti - David Tennant
            -Catherine Langford - Alex Kingston
            -General West - John Hurt

... what?
            Doctor Gate much
            Perhaps we can throw Tom baker in as a kindly old Elf-like being as well
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Fine, we'll throw John Barrowman in as another airman then, happy?
              John is
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                I didn't bring up race cause i know it can be a delicate subject but if we're gonna play role call simulation, we cant ignore that part. You can bet O'Neil, Jackson and Langford are going to be caucasian. For Kawalski/Feretti, i would change their names and go for african-american/latino/asian, one should be female, assassin sneaky type.
                Being that several of the roles in the revised BSG were type casted for different races/sexes, why not do the same here. Have like you said, Kawalski being a female former russian/ukranian who lives in and is in the US mil. Maybe Gen west is a female or a black general.
                The only 2 spots i see them NOT doing that with would be Oneill and Jackson.
                As for Col O'neil, i loved the suggestion of going with either Sam worthington, or Carl urban. Heck after seeing him in Ghost protocol or the Bourn legacy, Reiner would also be a good choice.
                For Dr Jackson, Mark Feuerstein from Royal pains (and Definace) might make a good choice. Or Gabriel Macht From Suits.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Being that several of the roles in the revised BSG were type casted for different races/sexes, why not do the same here. Have like you said, Kawalski being a female former russian/ukranian who lives in and is in the US mil. Maybe Gen west is a female or a black general.
                  As for Col O'neil, i loved the suggestion of going with either Sam worthington, or Carl urban. Heck after seeing him in Ghost protocol or the Bourn legacy, Reiner would also be a good choice.
                  For Dr Jackson, Mark Feuerstein from Royal pains (and Definace) might make a good choice. Or Gabriel Macht From Suits.
                  well the series could use an update in terms of culture. the Cold War was a lot fresher when STARGATE aired, and we see kind of hints throughout SG1 of the same. you know, the russian mistrust and everything.

ok, the current political situation threw things around a bit again, but surely they can just include a number of other nations now? we've had years of "the US military". Why not have them recognize it for what it is and send an international team.

Comment

Ohhh, the Gabriel Macht idea is gold... Suits is an amazing show.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    well the series could use an update in terms of culture. the Cold War was a lot fresher when STARGATE aired, and we see kind of hints throughout SG1 of the same. you know, the russian mistrust and everything.

ok, the current political situation threw things around a bit again, but surely they can just include a number of other nations now? we've had years of "the US military". Why not have them recognize it for what it is and send an international team.
                    I agree, it would be interesting to see the Stargate story spun in light of the current political climate, perhaps translating those Cold War tones to terrorism or tensions with Iran and North Korea. Could make for some interesting screenplay fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                      I agree, it would be interesting to see the Stargate story spun in light of the current political climate, perhaps translating those Cold War tones to terrorism or tensions with Iran and North Korea. Could make for some interesting screenplay fodder.
                      everything but terrorists.

Spin up an 80's - 90's movie and its the russians. Spin up anything since 2001 and it's terrorists.

so no god please no terrorists. or russian badguys.

Comment

everything but terrorists.

Spin up an 80's - 90's movie and its the russians. Spin up anything since 2001 and it's terrorists.

so no god please no terrorists. or russian badguys.
                        I can just see it now...

In the middle east, a group of insurgents discover an ancient artifiact, believing it to be a weapon of some sorts, they use coerced Iranian scientists to activate it, resulting in a stable gateway to another world... meanwhile, NATO ISTAR platforms overhead detect an unusual energy signature and fear that the insurgency have proliferated nuclear weapons from Pakistan. A crack team of NATO soldiers and airmen; Stabilisation Group-1 (led by Afghanistan veteran Colonel Jack 'Fury' O'Neil) is inserted under the cover of darkness to neutralise the threat, only to discover the shocking revelation of what they would come to know as... the Star Gate. Now, Stabilisation Group-1 must travel across the known universe in order to prevent the world's most dangerous insurgents from learning the secrets of the aliens that were once worshipped as gods....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I can just see it now...

In the middle east, a group of insurgents discover an ancient artifiact, believing it to be a weapon of some sorts, they use coerced Iranian scientists to activate it, resulting in a stable gateway to another world... meanwhile, NATO ISTAR platforms overhead detect an unusual energy signature and fear that the insurgency have proliferated nuclear weapons from Pakistan. A crack team of NATO soldiers and airmen; Stabilisation Group-1 (led by Afghanistan veteran Colonel Jack 'Fury' O'Neil) is inserted under the cover of darkness to neutralise the threat, only to discover the shocking revelation of what they would come to know as... the Star Gate. Now, Stabilisation Group-1 must travel across the known universe in order to prevent the world's most dangerous insurgents from learning the secrets of the aliens that were once worshipped as gods....
                          phew, i was afraid their were gonna bomb our imagination there for a moment.

Comment

Maybe an uneasy partnership with the Chinese would be the order of the day, but ground was sort of already covered in SG-1.

I'd have a hard time taking anything with the DPRK seriously though, since there's no real-world scenario where they would work with us or be a legitimate threat. At least not in the immediate future, but I suppose anything could be established within the universe.

Comment

well the series could use an update in terms of culture.
                              So what.. get one white, one black, one latino, one asian and one muslim team member, and make sure one is a LGBT member? No thanks.

Comment

So what.. get one white, one black, one latino, one asian and one muslim team member, and make sure one is a LGBT member? No thanks.
                                Well no, that makes the SG teams too big.

Comment

Working...
                                X