No announcement yet.

Ra's original form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are absolutly correct, it is NOTHING MORE then a "fan excuse", as, i have an imagination, and am trying to bring about continuity between two things that clearly do not go together.
    And if someone were to write a story about Moby Dick becoming friends with Peter Pan, being why things happened the way they did with Ahab, if i happen to be a fan of such a book, i would try to find ways to make the two VERY DIFFERENT stories compatible
    if you are a fan of JUST the movie, good
    if you are a fan of JUST the series, good
    i am a STARGATE FAN.....even including the cartoon.....it is my JOB, as a fan of something that is FICTION, to IMAGINE explanations to these inconsistencies.
    to boot, i am trying to continue with the franchize on minecraft

Comment

To each there own I suppose, but I think there are far more plausible explanations to so many of these questions. It would appear, from my stand point, that you are doing more than trying to explain a continuity concern with the most logical explanation. It seems more like your real life interest in "ascension" is skewing the gaps in a direction you would like it to go.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
        you are absolutly correct, it is NOTHING MORE then a "fan excuse", as, i have an imagination, and am trying to bring about continuity between two things that clearly do not go together.
        And if someone were to write a story about Moby Dick becoming friends with Peter Pan, being why things happened the way they did with Ahab, if i happen to be a fan of such a book, i would try to find ways to make the two VERY DIFFERENT stories compatible
        if you are a fan of JUST the movie, good
        if you are a fan of JUST the series, good
        i am a STARGATE FAN.....even including the cartoon.....it is my JOB, as a fan of something that is FICTION, to IMAGINE explanations to these inconsistencies.to boot, i am trying to continue with the franchize on minecraft
        No its not. A fan is nothing more than someone who watches and enjoys talking about a show. Its not a fan's job to write fanon. Especially when fanon tends to get contradicted by canon. Creating stories that make no sense is not imaginative.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

i take it that after watching Twin Destinies, you thought everyone was dead from the first time line?
          personally, i was asking myself, "why is Rush that stupid? Stargate is firmly rooted in the idea that if a wormhole gets hit by a solar flare, TIME TRAVEL, it even holds true in previous episodes".........this is my HUGE annoyance with that episode

so, i take you that you believe everything that each episode says? Must be a really confusing stargate universe for you then.....so many things in just the series alone that contradict themselves

kind of lame

personally, i use my brain.......and since there are no more episodes, AND even Joseph Mallozzi says to come up with your own ending.......YEAH, IT IS MY OBLIGATION to further stargate, 100%

Comment

and this is just it, i am trying to maintain integrity of the canon.......what i present does NOT disagree with canon
            though i do tend to go through some ideas that DO go against canon, merely to see if canon can incorporate it........in the end, canon is canon, and what i present, i fight to make sure that it is NOT against canon

Comment

i take it that after watching Twin Destinies, you thought everyone was dead from the first time line?
              personally, i was asking myself, "why is Rush that stupid? Stargate is firmly rooted in the idea that if a wormhole gets hit by a solar flare, TIME TRAVEL, it even holds true in previous episodes".........this is my HUGE annoyance with that episode

so, i take you that you believe everything that each episode says? Must be a really confusing stargate universe for you then.....so many things in just the series alone that contradict themselves

kind of lame

personally, i use my brain.......and since there are no more episodes, AND even Joseph Mallozzi says to come up with your own ending.......YEAH, IT IS MY OBLIGATION to further stargate, 100%
              I choose to live in reality and make rational decisions. Rational decisions say death is most likely after Twin Destinies. But since time travel is possible with solar flares, rational thinking says Destiny's inhabitants could travel through time is possible if less likely than death.

Only fools believe everything they see and hear. I accept that all TV is full of contradictions. Making stuff up to fix the continuity errors does not make it any better
              and this is just it, i am trying to maintain integrity of the canon.......what i present does NOT disagree with canon
              though i do tend to go through some ideas that DO go against canon, merely to see if canon can incorporate it........in the end, canon is canon, and what i present, i fight to make sure that it is NOT against canon
              You are clearly failing.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

so, after watch twin Destinies, you did EXACTLY what i am doing, you used your imagination and thought of what could be, and waited for another episode to prove you correct......well, there are no more episodes now, and Joseph Mallozzi even promotes the concept of making up your own ending.
                the "making stuff up to fix the continuity errors", what do you think the producers were doing when they came up with the Unas? What do you think the producers are doing in the first place?
                telling me that i am not allowed to make stuff up, but someone else can......such hypocricy....and what i am doing IS remaining to to canon. canon has inconsistencies, so i am using other episodes to fill in those inconsistencies
                this is a fictional show
                now, Ra glowed, and began looking like his previous form before the bomb went off in his face....this is fact
                Anubis was in the service of Ra, this is fact
                Anubis was beheaded, this is fact
                Anubis is later alive in the series AND ascended, this is fact
                Anubis knew, as a flesh and blood being, how to trick an ascended being, this is fact
                many other things are facts of the stargate universe, and just because the producers either, didn't want to deal with it, or didn't have time before it was cancelled, that doesn't mean that i can't come in and pull from the movie and the series and use the most likely rationale that ties everything together in a nice and neat bow

Jelgate: No, no, no, no. See, this is where you are completely wrong. It is impossible to make that deduction because it falls outside of the boundary conditions.

Melbol: This changes the boundary conditions!

Jelgate: It doesn't work that way!

Melbol: If you make the change, yes it does! Read the writing on the wall (in the post), man.

you are merely failing to look at what canon says
                for instance, canon also says that you do not actually need the second gate to reintegrate back into a person from a wormhole, despite what Carter says, the EPISODES say other wise
                Canon also says that an object does not have to be fully in the event horizon to reintegrate on the other side, despite what Carter says, or McKay, CANON says other wise

Comment

Wait, so this wasn't an Asgard host?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...e_-_Famrir.jpg

This sure looks like one, maybe before a few millennia of genetic degradation, but an Asgard nonetheless.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 May 2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post

This sure looks like one, maybe before a few millennia of genetic degradation, but an Asgard nonetheless.
                    to me, it looks like a young Unas, before his horns grow in......that image, he isn't grey, he looks brownish, with lots of wrinkles
                    but it turns out that the RPG claims it to be an asgard
                    but i see that and think, young unas......after all, Ra did have a thing for the young
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 May 2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Aesop, do you have the movie in HD????

Comment

it is an interesting concept though......that Ra, was a member of a dying race, and he was looking for a way to cheat death,......come to think of it

Movie
                        Daniel: "His body, decaying and weak...he couldn't prevent his own demise." Apparently his whole species was becoming extinct. "So he travelled......or "searched", "...the galaxies looking for a way to cheat death." And uh...look here.

the asgard suffer from a degenerative disease brought about by centuries upon centuries of cloning......
                        Unending
                        THOR: As a race, we are dying. Very soon, we will all be gone.

very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post

no. That is what Emmerich and Devlin envisioned as a Goa'uld in the movie. Wright and Glassner retcon that into the snakes for the TV show.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 May 2014, 10:11 PM.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ra's original form was intentionally chosen to reflect current alien abduction cases. Goa'ulds do not exist in the movie version. I bet the concept with return back to its original form.

Comment

Originally posted by Damion View Post
                              Ra's original form was intentionally chosen to reflect current alien abduction cases. Goa'ulds do not exist in the movie version. I bet the concept with return back to its original form.
                              The confusion comes from the SG1 producers making asgard fulfill that same role: in SG1 the asgard were responsible for the abductions while in STARGATE, the idea was that the goa'uld abducted us.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                                To each there own I suppose, but I think there are far more plausible explanations to so many of these questions. It would appear, from my stand point, that you are doing more than trying to explain a continuity concern with the most logical explanation. It seems more like your real life interest in "ascension" is skewing the gaps in a direction you would like it to go.
                                ascension is different from out of bodies....though they do have mild similarities.....but, i suppose it might be possible
                                my dealings with ascension theories pull from the episodes though
                                ascension and descension........Orlin ascended, then by choice descended.......i was curious why he couldn't ascend back, why he needed the help of the others.......maybe the others were preventing him
                                however, if the others were to do nothing....the memory wouldn't have to be stripped, and the person could retain atleast HOW the eventual ascension occurred for the person to be able to re-ascend

any ways, i had only a moment.....but your claim as a possibility does give me something to think about

Comment

Working...
                                X