This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't want a reboot
    I would love another stargate show. Or if there was to be a reboot, at least give us the films that were shelved.
    Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
    Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I'd say a future set show is the lesser of two evils. On the one hand the characters won't be quite as relatable as the originals but at least It'll acknowledge the show's history!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I hope Righard Dean Anderson will get one more movie with stargate cause if we wait to long we might not have a chance to have one.

But i liked the verry first movie of stargate before series a lot and dont think that reboot would be a bad idea.
        But then it needs some bling from Spielberg to make it a hit movie
        B category movies like SYFY channel shows please dont ruin stargate as the best thing after star trek and babylon 5 in tv

Or for a tv series then end the atlantis version with that they solve the wreith problem in that galaxy and move with atlantis to other universe with a new team and pad guys and have some upgrade technology
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I think Richard Dean Anderson would be up for one more film, well i hope he would
          I haven't seen it yet but i know he left the show and is only seen a few times through the last seasons and in Continuum, but i read the third film that had been written was meant to be based more on his character anyway.
          Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
          Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I just did this in another thread but it fits here too and to answer the original poster I want a new series not a reboot

Stargate is not Star Trek nor is it Star Wars it’s not known in the mainstream pop culture for many decades like ST & SW are so there is not this big built in audience like those 2 have and if they would reboot it like ST it would alienate the very small built in audience it has.

The original Stargate movie did not build the fan-base or franchise the series’s did and I am sorry Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich are not Gene Roddenberry or George Lucas they did not have the vision Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner did they saw more than Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich ever could have dreamed of when they thought the Stargate went all over the galaxay and universe DD & RE could only see it as going between 2 planets they were short sighted sorry this really aggravates me I don’t think if either one of those guys gets their way it would bring back the SG franchise like some people seem to think it could

I think it would be a major flop and kill the SG franchise for good because MGM wouldn’t spend anymore money for it and SG is my favorite scifi space oprea franchise I enjoy both ST & SW I love them both equally (I really don’t understand why there is animosity between those fandoms I have met a few people in RL who are it’s one or the other it really baffles me why that people argue which is better it’s scifi space opera entertainment that’s good enough to me) but I miss SG I really don’t want it to be killed off for good.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

A new stargate set in the future but not to far in the future. I would also hope to learn what became of the Destiny crew and how much we have learn from atlantis. Also SG1 had said in one of their episodes that there more unexplored gate addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                A new stargate set in the future but not to far in the future. I would also hope to learn what became of the Destiny crew and how much we have learn from atlantis. Also SG1 had said in one of their episodes that there more unexplored gate addresses.
                if it was a few years into the future, just enough that our ppl regular loved characters are retired, that could work. jeez, even 5 years could have them all moving into different positions, and the next generation having already taken over (but getting some advice from the more experienced, with guest spots).

i miss the characters sooo much...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd say neither tbh, I want a cross over movie/mini series that would answer some of the questions that the end of SG1/SGA brought about, Atlantis returning to Pegasus, Wraith etc as well as an update on the Jaffa and other back stories from SG1, perhaps throw a bit of Kelowna(sp) and the Lucian Alliance from the SGU episode in there which would then tie into a season 3 for SGU.

Comment

i'd prefer a couple of season to wrap up the storylines from SG1 & Atlantis, in a crossover show with.
                    McKay
                    Daniel
                    O'Neill
                    Weir
                    and Janus.
                    I can already imagine an opening with Shepperd or Lorne going against an Alliance base and Atlantis in Antarctica.

Comment

You can't really have Vala without Daniel though.

Comment

I would like to see the outcome of Stargate Universe. I mean come on how can they end it like that??

Comment

They didnt mean too...

Comment

I imagine the story continues a couple of years later and none of SG-1 or SGA characters are able to figure out how to dial the 9th chevron so the Stargate Homeworld would at least be able to send more resources (food, drink, clean clothes, some Earth-based tech) so it'd be easier for the Destiny crew to end the mission. The inability of everyone involved with the SG program to save the Icarus-base personnel leads to a gigantic fight between the leading World governments.

After another barely prevented attack from the remaining members of the Lucian Alliance the Stargate Homeworld is able to discover more LA spies within their organization which leads to Telford telling the SG-1 and the SGA guys the whole truth: The 9th chevron wasn't supposed to be unlocked yet due to Kiva finding a prophecy book which told them that it's the original SG-1 members who were supposed to do it and go to Destiny in 2025, so they manipulated everyone at Stargate Homeworld by hiding the fact that the Earth actually has the needed resources to dial the final chevron so SG-1 would't be able to complete their final mission, which would be to bring the Destiny back where it belongs - to Earth. Lucian Alliance wanted the 9th chevron project for themselves and they hoped that after having Rush (without him or anyone else realizing it) sending untrained and unprepared people to Destiny (while the base being under attack), that everyone back on Earth would just give up the further exploration of the Stargate. This leads to a new Stargate Command being set up in a new secret location by the SG-1 and the SGA characters with an international civilian-military crew. They entrust the new crew with a double mission: get the Icarus people back (and if possible, the ship as well) and prepare the SG program to go public. With the major governments still in really, really, really bad relations, a new SG team (the new main characters) is formed behind everyone's back, with our beloved characters from the first two shows (now recurring or guest characters) being responsible for the creation and usage of the new secret command. Since no-one is paying attention to them, the new SG team members are able to manipulate the governments and save the Icarus crew, bring back Destiny and help the SG-1 and SGA guys make the SG program go public. This also leads to the complete downfall of the Lucian Alliance, the remaining members are captured and ALL of our characters (SG-1/A/U) are proclaimed heroes, the Stargate program is finally made public, which leads the Earth finally be able to get out of the financial crisis.

The new series would end with the prophecy book being shown, which would reveal that Telford's truth was a lie, which was a part of a deal between him, Woolsey, Young, Camile, McKay and O' Neill to get the Earth take control of the Stargate program, because the whole thing has gotten out of control and it needed to be dealt with ASAP.
                            Last edited by Mnikolic; 06 March 2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Can I say the NEAR future? I've been a long time fan of SG1 and SGA. I just finished a binge watch of SGU, first time through. I would like to see at least a movie that wraps up the SGU story arc before anything else.

Comment

Not sure what happen to my post...might be something I did! Sorry.anyway...

Can I say the NEAR future? I've been a long time fan of SG1 and SGA. I just finished a binge watch of SGU, first time through. I would like to see at least a movie that wraps up the SGU story arc before anything else. I think the SGU series finale left the door open for a near future return. They could set it so that real time has elapsed (4 years), and we return to SGU in 2015 OR they can be 5 or more years later (IE 2020). I hope not too far off, because I would also love to see some SG1 and SGA alumni return.

ALso, have to say the news of a Stargate reboot doesn't sit well with me. While I love the original movie and I am thankful of the original creators for it kicking off the Stargate franchise, its the continued story of the SG1/SGA/SGU canon I care about.

Comment

Working...
                                X