Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should do a movie and get rid of universe and restart sg-1. This sg-1 could have atlantis as the "sgc" being used and stuff like krull warrior suits or the asgard suits(from SGA) being utilized as they are now advanced enough to replicate such technologies and something like sacophagus or goauld hand held healing device. Or just and entire reboot could awesome as well, but completely different direction of the story than what the previous franchise took.. meaning a lot more space action.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
      If I'm honest, I'd rather see a stargate show set in the time of the ancients themselves.
      if you have looked at the thread where you give ideas for a new stargate show i proposed this very idea. i had a new sg team somehow time travel to the past when the ancient's are at the height of there power. this would lead to many things being revealed about why things are the way they are. for instance why they decided to leave their repository of knowledge around the milky way. also we could see the 4 great races in action, and finally seeing the furlings. this could also explain why they where beuilding a time travel device on that one planet, which we no was not successful at the time. there are so many possibilities it's almost endless. this would also help with the perception of the ancients, because lets be honest the ones we have met, except janis from that one episode of sga, are kinda aholes. so this is the show i would like to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
        Honestly I would hate a series set in the future, if that happened it wouldn't be any different than most other space-based science fiction that's been produced. Star Wars takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" and Star Trek takes place 200+ years in the future. Those franchises are great in their own right, but when it comes down to it they take place somewhere else or sometime else.

The great thing about the Stargate franchise is that it's happening in the present. That's what draws us in is the possibility, however unrealistic, that there's a classified military program operated right here in the United States dealing with advanced technology, hostile alien races and the exploration of new worlds. It brings it that much closer to home.

What I'd REALLY like to see is a continuation of the franchise with everything that has already been established (from the 1994 film until the close of SGU), and go from there, right here in 2013 (or '14, '15 or whenever a series would be made).

If I had to choose only between those two options though, I'd rather see a reboot than a series set in the future. I think with the resources that are invested in shows today, it would be great to see the franchise brought to network television. Some shows have enormous budgets with exceptional casts and production values, but the story can fall short. Stargate already has a brilliant story, so all it needs is the faith of a network and the resources to produce a series.
        I totally agree with that one. I would love to see a show like this as there are still so many things that can be wrapped into storylines with SG-1 and SG-A.
        Even during the time of SG-U.
        The possibilities are endless as there are countless story threads that have not been taken up in SG-1 like the "giant aliens" the father of Daniel is at. The Furlings and whatever happened to them. Possibly more Asgard survivors in other galaxies.
        Even more drama of the ancients and what if some Ori have escaped to other galaxies or are based there entirely?
        Not to forget the hint of other "protected races", Asgard experiments lingering somewhere etc. etc.
        Switching to SG-A there are even more things...

So even without making up totally new stories, there are so many threads a new series could take up.

Comment

Is not necessary reboot - can continue.
          "Destiny" is better to be a virtual simulation, a protective buffer of the Ancients. Ascended must deprive of Atlantis from people - because there are too many non-positive knowledge that they know and hide on another planet. Asgard should be in the virtual space of the physical media that are in the same phase as the Giants from Crystal Skull. But this is no one knows. They just decided that life can continue without bodies because they are degraded. In the Galaxy has formed many strong factions, but not the only one Lucian Alliance . Should open strong civilization and unions planets hiding all this time from the Goa'uld and the Ori. Back Ashen's Avengers avenging destroyed home world. Necrotics from The Daedalus Variations in main reality must be in Milky Way Galaxy. The core of Asgard on the Odyssey to be damaged in the Ori galaxy, and is not repairable. And the Odyssey destroyed during a secret mission from the last episode of SG-Atlantis. Must appear spaceships have Russia and China and they should not always be loyal to the United States, are not always eager to help, and sometimes take benefit only for themselves. Russia is searching for artifacts, their old, lost command. For example those who sent in the 1970s to found fallen in Siberia alien ship.Do not Goa'uld. And such technology similar technology from Grace. They are communists and do not know that the Soviet Union is no more. Therefore, and opened fire on the American ship. They are revolutionaries, and a pair of planets are building communism and are hostile to the Americans, and do not trust the Russian who cooperate with the Americans. Or for example on the ship similar to what was millions of years ago, the Ancients. Perhaps for the same one which was just standing as a monument to the depths of the taiga. Which is produced at the start the explosion in June 30 1908 (Tunguska event).ship they started accidentally, do not understand how. The Chinese are eager to improve relations with the Jaffa Yu For them he was honored the Emperor. Are eager to steal technology. Secretly building a large fleet of their ships, with their own unique design, cheap, but weak. Not because against someone on the Earth, but in order to make itself a leader by trading with other planets. Get into trouble because of this, and had to be rescued.The history of the planet Aris Boch. Anarchy on the planets Serrakin after the invasion of the Ori. Tallan technology in the wrong hands. Mimicking crustaceans enemies. Terrible Heresy War in Ori Galaxy. Ark of Thruth in Goauld hand. Hidden Main Goauld "god" stasis chamber repository - analogous stasis chamber Osiris made of Ra even before he had left the Earth. Clones of symbionts to the "gods" were immortal. Even in the case will destroy each other. And the sect Lo'taur who finds them and implant itself.
          Earthlings do not should possess an overwhelming advantage, and for this it suffices strike an unknown alien ship on the zone 51. With simultaneous launch of the network viruses erase data received from the development programs SG. Even a program to control the Gate will suffer. Only the information from the ship was at the time a friendly visit and come out only on non-encrypted voice communication helped restore a database of addresses after the reorganization of the network. Ships made at while data exchange simply froze in place. And they to have to repaired where they stand and seek and rescue. ZPM all over, and no new. Here is an example of the plot to continue.
          So to continue the resource is still very high there. Just remember what I said about SGU - it is impossible do in this franchise movie for adults crossing with others, gloomy show as BSG. Do not be excessively serious. The irony of the characters Ridchard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, and Joe Flanigan, as well as a moderate, restrained and respectful, archaic epic character Christopher Judge and became largely the cause of long-life franchise. Various background characters can and should die - but only in large-scale epic battles.
          Spiritual experiences the mad drug addict gay is not misunderstood by someone, and his unfortunate friend bisexual genius also experiencing sexual attraction to other species, but wants to remain faithful to your partner, and who suffer from this mental contradictions, are not interested in those who are waiting for the show for the entire standard WASP family with dad, mom, kids, a dog, and a barbecue with good beer and neighbors on the front lawn. Yes, and probably better for the show such as USA Network, and not SyFy who is fond of severe films.
          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That depends on who you ask. Some people like the changes
            I liked the changes...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              I liked the goa'uld for being a more advanced yet more flawed race. In their own culture they're awesome gods, but to us they are cardboard villains. These cultural differences were what made me like it.
              I like how you put that, "more advanced yet more flawed", that makes a great nemesis. It's their flaws that kind of puts them on a level playing field with Earth. I still think that the Goa'uld were one of the most interesting and complex villains in the franchise if not much of science fiction and it would definitely be cool to see them resurrected as Earth's greatest nemesis.

I wouldn't mind a re-imagining of Stargate to a certain degree, there are some things about the franchise that I think would be too sacred to screw with like the nature and the design of the Stargate itself for example. As far as what elements could be re-imagined, I think nearly everything could stand to be "updated", but the plot stays the same (gate was discovered in 1928, but instead of being unpacked in 1994, it's unpacked in 2013). The biggest change I would make, just to make it more interesting, would be having a branch of, or all of, USSOCOM in command of the gate program rather than the Air Force - but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

I like how you put that, "more advanced yet more flawed", that makes a great nemesis. It's their flaws that kind of puts them on a level playing field with Earth. I still think that the Goa'uld were one of the most interesting and complex villains in the franchise if not much of science fiction and it would definitely be cool to see them resurrected as Earth's greatest nemesis.
                Of all the enemies and ridiculous stuff we faced, IMO the Goa'uld were the only ones we could realistically beat.

I would prefer a reimagination over a reboot; looking back some stargate, i see that it doesn't age well because, well half of it is visual and half of it is... well what was good back then isn't good now.

But drawing from memory in stead of tape, i can see why i liked it. Part of it is this very fragile team balance -face it, SG1 was pretty unique and the O'neill character and RDA as the actor did a MAJOR part in that-.
                Part of it is the stories told: The Goa'uld are cheesy to us, but their power is real. They have technology we do not have, yet their use of slaves put very clear limits on what they can do. But most of all, we're an enemy they never faced.

If i could re-imagine it, i would make many things different, updating the series to my current standards. But mostly, i would enrich the Goa'uld. Deepen their mythology. make the technologies each Goa'uld uses more varied. Their technology and tactics more suited per god rather than having a weird mish-mash.

Comment

If the franchise gets a new chance I would definitely vote for an SG-1 continuation. Remember Season 7 episode 3-Fragile balance?
                  If a new cast is chosen one of them could be portrayed by Michael Welch, the guy who portrayed young O'neill in that episode. Now I know that in the end scenes of the episode old Jack made him swear that he never contacts him or the SGC program and the air force and the young Jack wanted to "embrace" high school. However we saw Jack disobeying Hammond's orders even his orders: Double jeopardy.
                  So he would join the air force and eventually SGC and he would do very well, because he already knows the drill.

What do you think?
                  sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                    If the franchise gets a new chance I would definitely vote for an SG-1 continuation. Remember Season 7 episode 3-Fragile balance?
                    If a new cast is chosen one of them could be portrayed by Michael Welch, the guy who portrayed young O'neill in that episode. Now I know that in the end scenes of the episode old Jack made him swear that he never contacts him or the SGC program and the air force and the young Jack wanted to "embrace" high school. However we saw Jack disobeying Hammond's orders even his orders: Double jeopardy.
                    So he would join the air force and eventually SGC and he would do very well, because he already knows the drill.

What do you think?
                    StarTrek ? old Spock -young Spock
                    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind a re-imagining of Stargate to a certain degree, there are some things about the franchise that I think would be too sacred to screw with like the nature and the design of the Stargate itself for example. As far as what elements could be re-imagined, I think nearly everything could stand to be "updated", but the plot stays the same (gate was discovered in 1928, but instead of being unpacked in 1994, it's unpacked in 2013). The biggest change I would make, just to make it more interesting, would be having a branch of, or all of, USSOCOM in command of the gate program rather than the Air Force - but that's just my personal preference.
                      And why not in 2024? Actors yet still able to continue. And then it will be possible to restart the franchise. Look at Star Trek - it restarted only after thirty years, and the Stargate only twenty.
                      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post

What do you think?
                        That's a nice idea. The problem however is that this would maybe make it less accessible to new fans 'cause it goes back to something that happened in the previous series and you'd have to see in the context of that series. It would have to be carefully planned and nicely worked out not to draw from there too much. In that sense going more towards a reboot...
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I would start with the old: Previously on Stargate SG-1 with the voice of CJ, explain what happened in that episode by couple of flashbacks, so the audience would get a good picture of the nature of the show. Maybe those flashbacks would also spark an interest in some to watch the "old" original SG-1 series too before they start watching the new, so they could compare them.
                          Also we have to cut back on the cliche acting, which seems like a new trend (again) in today's cinema and TV series, because O'neill doesn't like cliches.
                          Also we could start with Welch's O'neill already being on a rank of colonel, that way eliminating the "boring" ascending trough the rank system again (cliche). A sort of in medias res, as in literature.
                          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Generally reboots aren't all that good. So I'll go with a near-future show focused on the revelation of the Stargate to the world and the fallout it creates, mid seasons about a multi-polar galaxy with the Free Jaffa and Lucian Alliance as other dominant governments, and ending with the Tau'ri finally taking their place of responsibility as the Fifth Race towards the less developed humans and other races.

Comment

I think I'd like to see a series involving members of the cast from SG1 and SGA. Kind of a crossover between the 2.
                              sigpicIn Soviet Russia, sig read you.

Comment

I wouldn't mind any show, reboot or future setting, just want some stargate as long it's not in the melodramatic tone/edgy teenage style of some shows these days. I'd prefer a really good story.

Comment

Working...
                                X