Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it me or are all ancient weapons are based on a block puzzle?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it me or are all ancient weapons are based on a block puzzle?

come on i watched reckonigng and window of oppertunity and both weapon seem to be based to same design. either the ancient used the same design for all their greatest technology or the budget for the show is lacking.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

The budget for stargate it very large, but the amount of big episodes they are doing this season there just isent enough, so they have had to reuse some things. Youv see that thing 2 times, wowe, that doesent mean they use it on all of there big devices, when you see it for a 3rd or 4th time them you can say they use it for all greatest technology.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

or maybe a particular acient/group of acients like the design and built both the device in WoO and Reckoning

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

all of our computers and stuff are based on the same design, y redesign an interface when theres no need to

Comment

It may also be that that design was in Ancient 'fashion' at the time being as they were both built around the time the Ancients were suffering from the plague.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

are you referring to the graphs showing the output of the device
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              are you referring to the graphs showing the output of the device
              yes the devide that has the panel covered in writing
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

The Ancient weapon in Antartica has no push buttons.
                Anunis' Ancient Gate buster has no push buttona.

Two intancances doesn' make a pattern.
                Besides the WoO panel was a timelooper not a weapon at all...
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

The WoO/Reckoning "combination lock" is a really good design. Press one button in the wrong order and you'll have a totally new equation to get the correct value. Think of it as one of those math games you had in school - Determining which ball is the lightest and such stuff. And just because the numbers went up when you pressed a button that doesn't make the press incorrect, just that the design is more complex(press a button increases the value, just for the next button to drop twice the value).

It's a way of making sure that the ones using the interface are smart enough to realise what it is and what it is capable of.

I theorize And what happened to Jacob/Selmak might very well be the price of using such a device. If you aren't ready to sacrifice you own life to save others you aren't qualified to save/destroy a planet. (Just like in the Sentinel)

Comment

I rather see this a touch of continuity - wouldn't it be bad if every Ancient panel looked totally different from the ones used previously? It's only reasonable.
                    Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
                      I rather see this a touch of continuity - wouldn't it be bad if every Ancient panel looked totally different from the ones used previously? It's only reasonable.
                      it would also cost more to do
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

The way I see it is that the Ancients protected all of their precious technology with puzzles because they had enough foresight to see that their civilisation would one day come to a demise.

They were smart and left technology around for smart thinking people. Not for warriors like Anubis who together with his warriors had less IQ than the garden slug.

They knew that one day they would no longer be protectors in the universe and so they chose to leave us with special resources which only the most sincere people could gain access to.

Even the Asgaard are doing this - The Device on Thors planet which required them to solve Pie etc. The Asgaard have also admitted that their race is weakening and dying. They have left technology around for the wise ones also in a similar way to the Ancients.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Working...
                        X