Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they make a game why not animated film or series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they make a game why not animated film or series?

Well they seemed to manage to get all the actors togeather to make stargate unleashed, so why not have another shot at an animated series, or film, it would be much lower in budget and many stargate fans would still enjoy it.

If they did do an animated stargate series or film I would hope that it would be something not to due with sgu, sg1, or sga since I'd rather not have them touched in that way, but they could make animated film about the alliance with the 4 races or just many other ideas.

I know infinity was a complete joke but I think if they actually tried to do a good job and used recent animated technology it would look pretty amazing and would be pretty cool to see something on the 4races or something to do with the fight between the wraith and ancients.

The basic answer is MGM is just not interested. Thats a new idea that I haven't heard of before so I do not know if it would work or not
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
      Well they seemed to manage to get all the actors togeather to make stargate unleashed, so why not have another shot at an animated series, or film, it would be much lower in budget and many stargate fans would still enjoy it.

If they did do an animated stargate series or film I would hope that it would be something not to due with sgu, sg1, or sga since I'd rather not have them touched in that way, but they could make animated film about the alliance with the 4 races or just many other ideas.

I know infinity was a complete joke but I think if they actually tried to do a good job and used recent animated technology it would look pretty amazing and would be pretty cool to see something on the 4races or something to do with the fight between the wraith and ancients.
      they did make an animated series, Stargate Infinity, many years ago
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        they did make an animated series, Stargate Infinity, many years ago
        And we'd like to forget and ignore that ever happened.

MGM, like Jelgate says, and money. Don't be mistaken, but an animated series costs money too.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

An animated series could cost as much as a live action series.. maybe more Instead of hiring a dozen or so actors, you would have to hire a team of animators, model makers, people to make textures, a room full of computers and voice actors.. to bring your main cast to life..

Then you would need more people to make scenery.. all the props and set pieces.. storyboard artists, people to put it all together.. and then rendering time.. which costs money.. computers needing to be left on for days at a time.. and people to watch them to make sure everything is rendering properly.

Or you could do traditional hand drawn animation, which will require a huge number of artists, as well as paper, pencils and paints... more studio space because there are more people.. and they all need to be paid...
          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 11 April 2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            An animated series could cost as much as a live action series.. maybe more Instead of hiring a dozen or so actors, you would have to hire a team of animators, model makers, people to make textures, a room full of computers and voice actors.. to bring your main cast to life..

Then you would need more people to make scenery.. all the props and set pieces.. storyboard artists, people to put it all together.. and then rendering time.. which costs money.. computers needing to be left on for days at a time.. and people to watch them to make sure everything is rendering properly.

Or you could do traditional hand drawn animation, which will require a huge number of artists, as well as paper, pencils and paints... more studio space because there are more people.. and they all need to be paid...
            I get what your saying but it would cost no where near the same amount it might if the sets for stargate were still at the studio but since they would have to remake the sets for any live action and animated film would be much cheaper, not to mention tv shows such as supernatural managed to get there own anime series

Comment

Animated wouldn't be cheaper just because it's built inside a computer. CG artists still have set costs (model making/texturing/animating/rendering times) studio costs, power bills.. etc.. then they need to be paid.. High quality CG isn't cheap..

How to Train Your Dragon had a budget of $165,000,000 for a 98 minute film.. mostly because it's animated and it takes teams of hundreds to build and animate everything. It would be cheaper to do everything with practical effects and real actors, but as you've said the Stargate props and sets are gone and would need to be rebuilt. But that's a one time cost, once they build a new Stargate they wouldn't need to build a new one for the next episode. But if they made an animated version they would need to render it again each time. Or reuse the same animation, which even though it would be expensive to do the first time, seeing it reused in each episode would make it look cheap, like they just couldn't be bothered to do it properly.

Even making something along the lines of Sanctuary or Once Upon a Time where a lot of the fantasy scenes are made with a combination of live action and CG can slow the production down and increase the costs because everything has to match and it takes longer to set up.. Doing it badly can look awful ..Even when it's done well it can still look a bit weird..

*< Went to Film School and has a Master's Degree in Special Effects and Model Making*

Comment

Ahh thanks for the info never new it would cost so much to make, I just assumed it wouldn't cost that much because they had animations in the stargate unleashed game
                Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Animated wouldn't be cheaper just because it's built inside a computer. CG artists still have set costs (model making/texturing/animating/rendering times) studio costs, power bills.. etc.. then they need to be paid.. High quality CG isn't cheap..

How to Train Your Dragon had a budget of $165,000,000 for a 98 minute film.. mostly because it's animated and it takes teams of hundreds to build and animate everything. It would be cheaper to do everything with practical effects and real actors, but as you've said the Stargate props and sets are gone and would need to be rebuilt. But that's a one time cost, once they build a new Stargate they wouldn't need to build a new one for the next episode. But if they made an animated version they would need to render it again each time. Or reuse the same animation, which even though it would be expensive to do the first time, seeing it reused in each episode would make it look cheap, like they just couldn't be bothered to do it properly.

Even making something along the lines of Sanctuary or Once Upon a Time where a lot of the fantasy scenes are made with a combination of live action and CG can slow the production down and increase the costs because everything has to match and it takes longer to set up.. Doing it badly can look awful ..Even when it's done well it can still look a bit weird..

*< Went to Film School and has a Master's Degree in Special Effects and Model Making*

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                  Ahh thanks for the info never new it would cost so much to make, I just assumed it wouldn't cost that much because they had animations in the stargate unleashed game
                  No, they can't use those. They are too low-poly, meaning they are too bad a quality to be able to be used in an animation.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                  X