Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Questions About Prometheus (SPOILERS for Prometheus Unbound)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember if it was mentioned in the episode but Prometheus probably had a skeleton crew aboard so they would have had the space to rescue the Atlantis expedition if necessary. And since the ship took a lot of weapons fire when it was unshielded it's likely that many of the weapon emplacements on the ship were destroyed, which would help to explain Vala saying "almost out of weapons."

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
      . Us, the real humans of Earth could theoretically go back in time and give the ancient peoples black-power muskets,
      Black power muskets? The favorite weapon of the Black Panthers of the 1600s.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Prommie had railguns. They fire plasma, which is like fire. And to do so, it needs to store them in a buffer.

Like fast food. You can't shoot our burgers if you don't have them made.

In the siege3, they need to shoot the railguns in short bursts. Constant fireing would depleet the buffer and overheat the weapon
        Wrong. Let me explain.

They fire plasma, which is like fire. And to do so, it needs to store them in a buffer.
        Railguns fire projectiles at high velocities. They do not shoot plasma. Plasma is not like fire. Plasma is the forth state of matter (solid, liquid, gas, plasma).

In the siege3, they need to shoot the railguns in short bursts. Constant fireing would depleet the buffer and overheat the weapon
        Since railguns run on ammo, you can only bring so much. Everett tells Ford in siege2: "A standard magazine will hold ten thousand rounds." There are two reasons to fire bursts: 1) Save ammo, 2) prevent the weapon from over heating, in this case #1 applies.

mikeroq

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
          Prommie had railguns. They fire plasma, which is like fire. And to do so, it needs to store them in a buffer.

Like fast food. You can't shoot our burgers if you don't have them made.

No they don't.

Comment

Working...
          X