Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you coping without the SG franchise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
      PickTV tomorrow evening at 9pm (freeview channel 11 *i think*) will see the final episode. Until it started on PickTV I never knew it had aired here!
      Ah, right. Yeah it aired on Sky 1 (I think) originally, around the same time it aired in America.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
        Yes I've read that interview (actually I was just reading it before I came back here and found your reply lol) and I'm glad to see at least that Eli survives but at the same time I'm also really gutted that he (and the others) knew how the show would continue and we the fans will never find out. The sets have been demolished, the props have been sold off [ ... ] Now MGM have sold them all off, can you really see them ever spending that money again to revive a show they thought was failing? - I sure as hell can't and thats why the interview with David makes me sad.
        Yeah I suppose when you put it like that it's unlikely, and now I want to know why he can't tell the ending - because MGM will sue him? (Does MGM own even future plots the writers might have done - I don't know how that works.) And if so, why doesn't MGM at least allow the writers to put it in novel form, because they sound like they could use the money. They wouldn't even have to do an actual paperback, they could go e-reader.
        sigpic

Comment

I cope (or try to) by rewatching it all the time, discussing it with other fans, reading fanfiction etc. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing, and it's what keeps me going.

I was shocked as well to learn that they sold a lot of props. I thought they'd keep stuff like that in storage for a bit longer, considering how huge this franchise was. And it's always kept me a little hopeful that we might get a movie one day. Now that's just gone.

Maybe the writers are hopeful, and so are plenty of actors. But MGM obviously isn't. They don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
            Yeah I suppose when you put it like that it's unlikely, and now I want to know why he can't tell the ending - because MGM will sue him? (Does MGM own even future plots the writers might have done - I don't know how that works.) And if so, why doesn't MGM at least allow the writers to put it in novel form, because they sound like they could use the money. They wouldn't even have to do an actual paperback, they could go e-reader.
            i'd like to know why the movie scripts for sg1 and atlantis haven't been novelized (or just plain released) either. maybe mgm 'will' do something with them sometime in the future?...

i keep waiting to see if mgm will take advantage of this great franchise and do something with it. the franchise didn't die off, it was killed.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I really do miss Stargate being on TV. With time, I have moved on. Hopefully, one day, it will return to television.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i'd like to know why the movie scripts for sg1 and atlantis haven't been novelized (or just plain released) either. maybe mgm 'will' do something with them sometime in the future?...

i keep waiting to see if mgm will take advantage of this great franchise and do something with it. the franchise didn't die off, it was killed.
                It's a mystery to me why they haven't - aren't they pretty broke? It seems like I remember reading that somewhere. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to make some money off SG books.

I think I'll try to track down an address for them and ask. What the hell.
                sigpic

Comment

It's a mystery to me why they haven't - aren't they pretty broke? It seems like I remember reading that somewhere. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to make some money off SG books.

battlestar galactica: blood and chrome was supposed to be a tv show, but for whatever reasons it didn't happen. skip ahead a year or more, and now it's a webseries.

how about that for stargate???
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

MGM sees the SG franchise as a financial failure (thanks to SGU). The studio no longer has faith in Brad Wright's team, hence why all proposed movie pitches were shot down. If the studio thought there was money to be made, we'd have heard by now of some kind of production being outlined.

Comment

Not well, to be honest. But what can you do? Rewatch and read fic I suppose.
                      And find a new show or two to follow if you can.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Not well, to be honest. But what can you do? Rewatch and read fic I suppose.
                        And find a new show or two to follow if you can.
                        let mgm know you're still interested in stargate? it's what brad wright said the fans should do. i tweet to mgm frequently.

(at least i know i've tried, even if nothing comes of it)
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          MGM sees the SG franchise as a financial failure (thanks to SGU). The studio no longer has faith in Brad Wright's team, hence why all proposed movie pitches were shot down. If the studio thought there was money to be made, we'd have heard by now of some kind of production being outlined.
                          I was talking about an ebook or something that won't cost them much, and would at least let us know how it was supposed to end.
                          sigpic

Comment

let mgm know you're still interested in stargate? it's what brad wright said the fans should do. i tweet to mgm frequently.

(at least i know i've tried, even if nothing comes of it)
                            I have, I have. To various entities. (I think Craig Engler thinks I'm an idiot at this point! )

PS - yes I know Syfy isn't the one making the decisions regarding rebooting the franchise.
                            sigpic

Comment

I suggest you all go watch Smallville or Doctor Who. That would take at least a year off and then you can come back to Stargate.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

maybe mgm 'will' do something with them sometime in the future?...

No they won't. Didn't you see what I wrote previously? - Everything has been SOLD. All the props from all the shows. The MALP has been sold, the star map from the SGC has been sold, even the actual stargates have been sold off in sections (instead of the whole gates - just to make it that bit harder to re-create the show). Even the captains command chair from destiny is up on ebay now for $10k.

MGM have no more interest in SG. They killed it themselves with season 1 of SGU and then blamed us for the shows demise because the viewer numbers fell. In their eyes it was a bad show and SG had come to an end because they can't take the can and admit they fouled it up.

SG wasn't killed, it was assasinated with a precision sniper rifle. They knew exactly what we fans liked, they knew exactly what we fans wanted and they gave us something weird with season 1. In the USA you guys have plenty of action shows to choose from and tons of drama too. In the UK most of our TV is the cheapest crap they can get from anywhere - IE mostly drama or cookery shows. Anyone who watches SciFi shows wants action, technology and something cool to watch. Not a script resembling Coronation Street which is exactly how a good number of episodes in season 1 went. They must have known this - these people have been writing SG plots for over a decade and listening to feedback so they have no excuse at all IMO. Like I said, they didn't kill SG they assasinated it.

Comment

Working...
                                X