This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Loss

I was just wondering: Soldiers frequently suffer hearing loss as a result of their weapons, guns being loud and all. Given that half the cast of SG1 were firing real weapons a whole heck of a lot for TEN YEARS, have the cast had any hearing loss?

I mean, ear protection only works so well and blanks are just as loud as live rounds. I guess the same thing also applies to a lesser extent to the SGA cast.

Anyone know anything?
    Sincerely,

Kevin Long
    (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
    http://www.kevin-long.com

I can remember a few occasions where earplugs were visible, so it's possible that any scenes that required guns firing also included ear protection.

sigpic

Comment

I know from my mil experience, shooting for practice or ranges DO have you wear hearing pro... so loss is lessened.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I know from my mil experience, shooting for practice or ranges DO have you wear hearing pro... so loss is lessened.
        Yeah, mine too. Just the same, after an hour or two on the range, your ears are ringing even *with* ear protection. Multiply that by several times a week, twenty-two weeks a year. Multiply that times a decade. It could definitely take a toll, don't you think?
        Sincerely,

Kevin Long
        (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
        http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

As the Auction hunter dave likes to say.. YUUUUPPPPPPP!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            As the Auction hunter dave likes to say.. YUUUUPPPPPPP!
            I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't let you say that.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
            X