This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate "power up sound"

I know that's a horrible name for it, but I re-watched the SGU premier and noticed that when they prepared to dial out from Icarus (and I believe subsequently when the Lucian Alliance tried to dial out too), prior to the gate beginning it's dialing sequence it made a brief hum as though it was powered up. I can't recall but was this ever used in SG-1? I recall the sound the motors that move the inner-track rotating the ring prior to a dial-out, but never that "hum". I thought maybe this was a new thing they did to draw a parallel between the Milky Way era gates and Destiny era gates. Is this the case?

I thought it was a cool sound and kind of wished it had been employed throughout the franchise but I don't think it was...

Maybe it had something to do with the connection to a more powerful power source to enable it to dial the ninth chevron. Perhaps the gate senses the extra power it has and the hum is an audible part of a feature that resets the gate to execute the nine chevron dial out.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Maybe it had something to do with the connection to a more powerful power source to enable it to dial the ninth chevron. Perhaps the gate senses the extra power it has and the hum is an audible part of a feature that resets the gate to execute the nine chevron dial out.
      Very nice, I like that.

Comment

Working...
      X