This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Let Them Make You Cry?

When SG-1 cancelled I was alright, I mean, I had SGA, right?

When Carson died, holy crap, I bawled. You knew it was going to happen.

When Carson came back I was mad, mad at the writers for jerking me around.

When SGA dropped Amanda T., I cried. I was all like "WTH, if I wanted the Doctor from Voyager I would watch Voyager.

When SGA ended, I was all like "Oh no you didn't" *z snapping* If SG-1 lasted 10 series, then the writers were delusional about ending SGA at 5.

When SGU was announced, it was like Christmas. I marked the premiere on my calendar and counted down the days. I told all my friends that my schedule would have to change and that I was off-limits once per week.

When I found out that SGU explored the 9th Chevron I thought for sure that the Furlings would show up as well. I mean, why why why, why introduce these four mega races then make the Furlings permanently secret.

So when SGU was cancelled on a cliff hanger, I got ticked off and starting sending hate mail to MGM. Btw, HORRIBLE cliff hanger. Not to mention thanks to the writers for making Eli look like Younges golden boy.

I have enough emotional baggage to file a lawsuit against that company for damages. Lol.

When
    sigpic
    She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

My reactions to TV shows aren't that dramatic.
    sigpic

Comment

i think i cried in sgu: during time and in at the end with the massive cliffhanger.

sga: when carson died (but i was so happy to see him again) and in the shrine (mainly because my grandfather died of alztimers)

sg-1: when fraiser died, jacob died.
      sigpic

Comment

The only time I cried was watching Vegas (SGA). I was really spitting mad when they canceled SGA, but I didn't cry.
        sigpic

Comment

Not really. Stargate never had enough emotional impact to cause me to cry
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Mh, I cried for Carson in SGA that's what I remember very clear.

I don't know what I did when Dr. Fraiser died. It`s too long ago.

But what I know is that I was very sad when I heard SG1 and SGA were canceled.

But I haven't cried.

(I never watched SGU so I can't say anything about it.)
            So what would you think about Alar?
            I'm not sure he is concealing something.
            What do you think it is?
            I do not know. He's concealing it!

Comment

Kudos to those who kept the tears from their eyes, or maybe I will just call you heartless? lol
              sigpic

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

I've never cried at Stargate. I was bloody annoyed when SGA was cancelled but I certainly didn't cry over it. As for the episodes, I've never even had so much as a moist eye.

Now Doctor Who, on the other hand, I've wept buckets over.

Comment

Can't say I've ever wept for any TV show, but I've been angry at the occasional cancellation. That said, I only watched SGA and SGU when I knew they'd already been canceled, so it didn't really affect me that much at the time.
                  sigpic

Comment

In SG1 ... several times, especially when it came to Janet's death and also Jacob's death.
                    SGA ... all during the shrine because DH's acting reminded me on both my parents *sniff*.
                    Universe ... I started a spontaneous party after I learned that thing was cancelled.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                    Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                      In SG1 ... several times, especially when it came to Janet's death and also Jacob's death.
                      SGA ... all during the shrine because DH's acting reminded me on both my parents *sniff*.
                      Universe ... I started a spontaneous party after I learned that thing was cancelled.
                      This makes me cry
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        This makes me cry
                        Agreed. The currents in Universe alone make it epic. Jelgate knows exactly what I am referring to, as I have a thread open on a very interesting subject.

I cried when Martuf or however you spell it died. That was such a blow to Sam.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm a big weepy baby - I cry during shows all the time.
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I've never outright cried, but I've choked up at different points. In SG-1 it was the first time Daniel ascended, when he was talking to Jack in the Gateroom with Oma, as well as when Frasier died. In Atlantis, I'm pretty sure it impacted me when Beckett died, also Hewlett's performance in the Shrine was remarkable, very compelling and I definitely got choked up as you watch his condition progress. In Universe, when Senator Armstrong sacrificed himself for the crew in "Air, Part 2". Also, in "Pathogen" when Marian Wallace gave up because Eli was gone, but eventually they made an exception and allowed her to see Eli and the Destiny. And of course in the series/franchise finale when Eli stood on the observation deck after everyone else entered stasis, the situation itself was a tear-jerker but also because the entire Stargate story that had ran for 13 years was ending...

Those are the moments I came closest to crying during the whole franchise's run.

Comment

The only time I ever properly cried was when the killed Carson.

I would have probably cried when Janet died if it weren't for the fact that I actually watched and got hooked on my first episode the week after part 2...

And I was seething when SGA got cancelled.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X