Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Star gate project??

Hey guys,

Ive been a massive stargate fan since it first aired but have only just signed up to gateworld (a little late)

I got very excited earlier in the year when I read about a new stargate project that was going to be announced at comic-con 2012.

I have searched everywhere for more info as comic-con finished yesterday but cant seem to find any news about a new Stargate project! Does anyone know anything???

Thanks

Martin

It was just a game for smart phones.

Comment

Isnt that at least good news in the sense that they are at least still thinking of Stargate in a small way?

Also does anyone know when we might see this game?

Comment

Forgot all about that MEH was hoping for something more oh well i did kind of expect something like this
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

But did they even announce this phone app at Comic Con? I didn't hear anything over the weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I cant find anything about it anywhere and figured that the forums would have been all over it if there had even been a whiff of Stargate!

Comment

i forgot about that. i thought the phone thing was a rumor but that's all i've heard about a new project.
              sigpic

Comment

You know, there may be something in the air.
                In a recent interview with Chris Judge, he was asked about his future projects. And extremely smile-ly he answered about a new Science Fiction TV series that is being done with a big name Movie company. He was asked if Stargate fans will appreciate it, and he kept chuckling and smiling....Here's hoping.

Comment

that would be awesome if they made a new show.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah I've seen the Chris Judge interview but not sure if it will be stargate related..... Live in hope though!!

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...sci-fi-series/

Comment

So, is this the big news?
                        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...-for-download/
                        ‘Stargate Command’ mobile app now available for download

Earlier this year we told you about rumblings of an immersive new mobile app for fans of Stargate SG-1 (story). Well, the app has come to fruition, and is available for (free) download in the iTunes app store starting today.

rest at above link
                        sigpic

Comment

Guys Im going to be clear here, I am a pessimist when it comes to hoping for new Stargate but I would be willing to put a fair wager that in the next 3 months we will be hearing that something is happening, I will outline my reasons.

1) Chris Judge gets very excited about a "project" hes working on and goes as far as saying Stargate fans are going to be excited.

2) The official Stagate Facebook pages suddenly seem to be more active with more updates (also SG1 Facebook page hit 1mill users yersterday)

3) This new phone app, why would they now release this so out of the blue if the franchise is dead? It wouldnt make sense and I think its a way to get people talking about stargate before an announcment takes place.

These things on there own may not mean much but I do think when you look at the bigger picture that I am right.

Who agrees and who doesnt?

Comment

i hope your right.

because if the "big" news is a stupid ipod thing that would suck, especially since i don't have an ipod or an iphone. and have no plans to get one either.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Chris Judge project is just a new sci-fi series. I don't think you can read much into Stargate's Facebook page, and even if you can, it's likely down to the launch of the game. We were told a while ago something new would be coming out, that it wouldn't be a series or movie (by Mallozzi), and now we have something new that is Stargate and neither a movie nor a serious. Everything suggests that this game is what they were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X