Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome too, but it won't change reality. If big budget franchise movies were resting their hopes on the existing fanbase propping them up then they'd never be made in the first place. No where near the numbers neccessary.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      99% of the people going to see it would not be Stargate fans. If it bombed, it wouldn't have anything to do with ignoring the series continuity.
      Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
      I disagree 99%.
      i disagree too.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        99% of the people going to see it would not be Stargate fans. If it bombed, it wouldn't have anything to do with ignoring the series continuity.
        Aside from the percentage (how did you calculate this?), I more or less agree. Stargate 2's success or failure will be based on it's appeal to the movie theater audience, not SyFy's TV audience. Now, something to consider... Stargate came out in 1994. The soonest a sequel could premiere is 2014, at least twenty years after the original. Doesn't that seem like too much time has passed? Then again, The Thing came out in 1982 with a 2011 prequel (of the same name) taking place just days before the original. So, ya never know...

Comment

The film would have to be a sequel but without a 2 in the title. They would have to establish the story of the gate and everything all over again. They might as well just reboot the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanysh View Post
            The film would have to be a sequel but without a 2 in the title. They would have to establish the story of the gate and everything all over again. They might as well just reboot the original.
            Rebooting the original would be a waste of efforts. SG1, was, in a way, a reboot of the movie. Doing another reboot would be definitely off base from what Stargate is all about. If they're going to bring it back, I'd rather see an actual video game surface, that doesn't bomb during the initial Beta, or a fourth series that can explore something new, yet keep the genuine feel that SG1 and Atlantis had. Perhaps explore something from one of the other races, or something like that.
            The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i LOVED the idea of a ship-based stargate series! just not how sgu was done.
              My thoughts too. I thought the very basic idea was good, but I just don't like how they specifically did the show overall.
              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I'm afraid the original movie did nothing much for me, other than introducing the basic storyline. It would be very difficult to have different actors playing the characters we have got to know so well through the various series.

It would be nice to have something new stargate though, would love the 3rd SG1 film, and would be fab in 3D
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                  My thoughts too. I thought the very basic idea was good, but I just don't like how they specifically did the show overall.
                  Agreed. I forced myself through Season 1 of SGU, but I found the whole thing was horribly repetitive in the worst sense (We can't take being on the ship anymore, MUTINY!, OH DEAR LORD WE'RE GOING TO DIE!, Hey, the ship just saved us, woohoo! We're all friends again, then back to square one), and the whole feel of it was too soap opera-ish. It lost the Stargate feel.

I get that doing a show entirely stuck on a ship would be hard, but there are better ways they could have gone with it. If they decide to proceed with a new series, and do something similar, hopefully they take a bit of a different take with it.
                  The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Working...
                  X