This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients

i got the idea from that 'more ZPMs' thread why don't we use the Puddle Jumper Time Machine to go back and meet the Ancients show them what we have amounted to, see if they will help us etc. and before they even thought of Ascension (lol Ascension reminds me of Black Ops Zombies )
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

The risk of altering the timeline too drastically is too great. Time travel is tricky. One small thing can entirely alter the course of history. Meeting the Ancients in the past and telling them about the future would change the timeline too greatly. No one knows what effect it may have on Earth's(or the universe's) future.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

What rushy said. Though they could disguise themselves as ancients or find one willing to follow what they say (about the timeline.) I could imagine how the Ancients leaders would react in terms of people from the past telling them about their future but if the writers are smart about it then they would have the Ancients not do anything to change their future and send them back without any way of returning to the past ever again.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Think back to the reaction of Moros. He was very clear that causality was not to be handled trivially.

Comment

Merlin was always a bit of a square. It's a shame Janus didn't pop up anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
          X