This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah Fusion?

The Asgard used Naquadah fusion generators to powee their ships which allowed their hyperdrives to cross entire galaxies in minutes. They could also dial other galaxies with it too. We have the Asgard database maybe we can learn from it how to upgrade our naquadah generators to use naquadah fusion as a replacement for ZPMs?

there is a possibility but it would take a while and a lot of brains
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

it. is. not. fusion. it. is. fission.

Comment

The Asgard don't use Naquadah powered ships. Thor's original ship was powered by several Neutrino Ion Generators. It's unlikely that even Earth ships are powered by Naquadah any more as the Asgard gave better, more powerful and reliable engines to Earth as a reward.

So the trick isn't building better Naquadah generators, but building those cool little handheld crystals that Thor used when he went for Carter's help.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          it. is. not. fusion. it. is. fission.
          In Small Victories it was stated that the Asgard use Naquadah Fusion.
          Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          The Asgard don't use Naquadah powered ships. Thor's original ship was powered by several Neutrino Ion Generators. It's unlikely that even Earth ships are powered by Naquadah any more as the Asgard gave better, more powerful and reliable engines to Earth as a reward.

So the trick isn't building better Naquadah generators, but building those cool little handheld crystals that Thor used when he went for Carter's help.
          We saw in the alternate future from The Last Man that Mark XII Naquadah Generators could power Atlantis' shields continuously for 800 years. Since we seemingly can't manufacture ZPMs, Naquadah technology is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
            The Asgard used Naquadah fusion generators to powee their ships which allowed their hyperdrives to cross entire galaxies in minutes. They could also dial other galaxies with it too. We have the Asgard database maybe we can learn from it how to upgrade our naquadah generators to use naquadah fusion as a replacement for ZPMs?
            Do you have a quote because I don't recall them ever mentioning something like that. The only thing that comes close is them talking about the naquadah, trinium and carbon alloy to create the hull of their ships.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This is a good point, now that Earth has Asguard technology, they should be able to upgrade their power generation to be more on par with the Asguard technology.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard
                its Asgard that is so annoying
                It's either "it's" or "it is", not "its", which is the possessive form of "it". It's so annoying when people get it wrong.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

We saw in the alternate future from The Last Man that Mark XII Naquadah Generators could power Atlantis' shields continuously for 800 years. Since we seemingly can't manufacture ZPMs, Naquadah technology is the only way to go.
                  They also powered Atlantis' shields with a lightning bolt at one point. Give them a flux capacitor and enough room to get up to 88 miles powers and they'd have themselves a time machine.

Shields don't seem to take a lot of power to run, it's only when it's being used to block something that power is used, like the ZPM on Atlantis (from Daedalus) being enough to power the shields indefinitely... except when being fired at. 800 years is impressive but still, we don't know what was being blocked by those shields. A ZPM (of unknown capacity) was at least able to run the shields for around 3,333 years continually blocking water, what's the worst Future McKay would have thought about, a strong wind, the occasional storm?

sigpic

Comment

I've just checked the stargate solutions transcript for that episode and no it isn't mentioned that the asgard used such a generator, the only methods of power generation that we've been told the Asgard had was the NIGs and the power core in Odyssey's Asgard Computer Core.
                    There's not even a mention in universe on what we use to power the 304s so this topic is pure speculation based on no facts.
                    TBH you don't even know that anyone could get more power from Fusion in Naquadah power generation than a standard Naquadah generator.
                    Considering Naquadriah is more powerful than Naquadah and that takes masses of the stuff to blow up a planet I doubt a fusion Naqadah generator would allow us to truely replace a ZPM.

Atlantis was being powered off of the increased solar activity and the Mark 12, so it wasn't just that one device.
                    The Alternate reality Daedalus in Daedalus Variations was using a subspace tap to power it's reality drive, this has to be more powerful than the ship's own standard power generators, which if they're Naquadah based (I believe it's been stated by TPB that they use Naquadah) would mean that a Human made device that taps into subspace energy can produce alot more power than a large Naquadah generator can.

Comment

Working...
                    X