This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origin of Life in the Stargate Universe

I've been pondering Stargate as a whole on this fine day and I keep on coming to the same question. After having watched every episode, I still don't quite understand if there is a consensus as to the historical chronology of the Ancients, did they start in Pegasus, did they seed life in the universe. I know there aren't any clear answers, I was just wondering if there is a consensus here at gateworld. I'm new here and I'm curious what people thoughts are on very early Ancients.

P.S. Wouldn't it be really cool if they made a show about the Ancients?

You can pretty much find the history of the Ancients just by doing an online search
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_(Stargate)

Comment

Thanks, It helps to have a solid historical background while delving deeper into stargate episodes. A deeper understanding leads to a more entertaining expierence.

Comment

The omnipedia on gateworlds also a good source of info, regarding anything stargate. http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Ancients

Comment

The history of the Ancient's, and spread of human life throughout certain corners of the universe is clear in canon. The link Dazzle foot provided should break it all down for you.

Comment

No, it really isn't clear. There's a whole hell of a lot of conjecture involved in reconciling bits and pieces written by various different authors across 13 and a half years.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by rgritt View Post
              I've been pondering Stargate as a whole on this fine day and I keep on coming to the same question. After having watched every episode, I still don't quite understand if there is a consensus as to the historical chronology of the Ancients, did they start in Pegasus, did they seed life in the universe. I know there aren't any clear answers, I was just wondering if there is a consensus here at gateworld. I'm new here and I'm curious what people thoughts are on very early Ancients.

P.S. Wouldn't it be really cool if they made a show about the Ancients?
              It was believed the Ancients began on Earth, but it was later revealed that they came from a distant galaxy. Dakara was the first planet on which they arrived in the Milky Way galaxy. Eventually, Earth ended up being the capital world where Atlantis was built. A great plague was wiping out life across the galaxy, possibly due to the Ori. Atlantis flew off to the Pegasus galaxy where the ancients started over. Eventually, the Wraith evolved and dominated the galaxy. The last of the Ancients submerged Atlantis and returned to Earth via stargate. Some stayed on Earth, some fled through the stargate to other worlds, and the rest ascended.

I hope that clears up matters.

Comment

Working...
              X