This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Song in any Stargate Episode?

Of all the many Stargate shows and the many Stargate episodes there are a lot of songs that make their way into the scripts. What are some of the best songs/episodes of the stargate franchise?

Mine is in the final episode of Season 10 of SG-1 when they are at Dinner and the song "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" by CCR plays. It's a great moment of family for SG-1 and I thought the medley really summed up a lot of emotion being felt by the characters.

What do you think?
    Last edited by rgritt; 21 January 2012, 08:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

For me it's "Solitary Man" in Vegas. Never was a fan of Johnny Cash but that song in that scene ... Perfect!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The song that Rachel/Teyla sings in Critical Mass.
      sigpic

Comment

SGU season1 Air part 3 don't forget to breathe alexi murdoch
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQER45ovtqo
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          or maybe its been the worst day since yesterday flogging molly or Gravity embassy (not in an episode but was in the trailer)
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

As Hyndara said above, it has to be Solitary Man from Vegas for me. Although Beautiful People in the same episode runs a close second. I love the theme song from Atlantis that played during opening credits, I still get all nostalgic whenever I hear it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              As Hyndara said above, it has to be Solitary Man from Vegas for me. Although Beautiful People in the same episode runs a close second. I love the theme song from Atlantis that played during opening credits, I still get all nostalgic whenever I hear it.
              I agree, the Atlantis theme gets goosebumps going every time!

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Oh yes *dreamy smile*. Every time I'm sad I put on the soundtrack, first chord and I'm smiling.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Even though SGA wasn't my favourite Stargate series I have to say that 'Solitary Man' in 'Vegas' takes top prize for favourite song in any Stargate episode, it was used perfectly within the context of the episode. The use of contemporary music and Joel Goldsmith's score was spot on throughout that episode.

'After the Storm' by Mumford & Sons in SGU's 'Intervention' comes second.

Comment

I can't say I've paid that much attention to the songs from the various episodes. Having said that, however, I really like the one in SG1's "Unending", Have You Ever Seen the Rain, but then CCR is one of my favorite groups.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I can't say I've paid that much attention to the songs from the various episodes. Having said that, however, I really like the one in SG1's "Unending", Have You Ever Seen the Rain, but then CCR is one of my favorite groups.
                      Agreed and also OP. That song has a personal significance for me outside of stargate. Every time I see that ep that short 3 minutes showing the characters coping with their reality both happy at Xmas but the absolute devastatingly real rage from Mitchell tearing up his room. That short blip is probably the most "real" thing a character has ever experienced in the stargate universe if you try to put yourself in their place. --Brandon

Comment

Here's another vote for Solitary Man from Vegas. Perfect song choice.

Comment

Again, like many, I can't just choose one, so I'm REALLY glad that each series got a great group/singer for that one perfect song/moment...

SG-1 - CCR and "Have You Ever.." was spot on with that particular montage...

SGA - Vegas and "Solitary Man" by Cash - sublime....

SGU - The Mollys and "Worst Day ..." - again perfect for that montage...

Someone on that writing team does have great taste in music...

I actually think that the Stargate Franchise also has some of the best compositions and background music in the whole of TV tbh....makes all the difference in a series to me...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                            ^ i agree
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X