This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquada Mining

In Stargate the movie, the people of abydos work mining naquada for Ra. they are human. In "Orpheus" we learn that only captured jaffa that refuse to change allegiance are used because humans can not handle the intense heat and radiation of the mines, where as jaffa can. In "Enemy Mine" we were planning to mine the naquada ourselves, but wound up having the unas do it for us. so my question is: is naquada minning hazardous?

Weren't they scouting for a Naquada mine in Spirits as well? Maybe it's only a myth that Jaffa can handle it... to make themselves feel superior or something.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
      Weren't they scouting for a Naquada mine in Spirits as well? Maybe it's only a myth that Jaffa can handle it... to make themselves feel superior or something.
      they were looking for trinium in "Spirits", and its the goa'uld that choose to use the captured jaffa as laborers instead of killing them outright, and they dont really care about making the jaffa feel good about themselves

Comment

That's true. I haven't watched Season Two in a long time.

Comment

The Jaffa on Erebus were not mining the naq they were refining it. There is a big difference.

To quote Rak'nor in Orpheus, "The planet is used for the construction of Ha'tak vessels and the purification of the Naquadah to build them. Only Jaffa prisoner labor is used, as only they can withstand the intense heat and toxic gases of the blast furnaces fed by underground volcanic systems. Eventually, even the Jaffa succumb."
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              The Jaffa on Erebus were not mining the naq they were refining it. There is a big difference.

To quote Rak'nor in Orpheus, "The planet is used for the construction of Ha'tak vessels and the purification of the Naquadah to build them. Only Jaffa prisoner labor is used, as only they can withstand the intense heat and toxic gases of the blast furnaces fed by underground volcanic systems. Eventually, even the Jaffa succumb."
              thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Working...
              X