Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do other planets in the gateverse have so few countries compared to earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do other planets in the gateverse have so few countries compared to earth?

Tegalus has 2 countries
    Langara has 3 countries
    Euronda has 2 countries
    Novus has 2 countries
    earth has.... at least 194 countries

Because it has something to do with the Goa'uld and other enemies can come, but on Earth they don't even know about aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
      Because it has something to do with the Goa'uld and other enemies can come, but on Earth they don't even know about aliens.
      three of the plants I listed have had no contact with the Goa'uld or other aliens for 1000s of years, Novus never has

Comment

Alot of the planets (i'd say most) were usually populated by people taken from one particular Earth culture, so you only get one or two countries growing from that. But on Earth (the mother planet if you will) we have many cultures growing into many countries; and for alot longer than 1000 years.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Alot of the planets (i'd say most) were usually populated by people taken from one particular Earth culture, so you only get one or two countries growing from that. But on Earth (the mother planet if you will) we have many cultures growing into many countries; and for alot longer than 1000 years.
          except most current earth countries are only a few hundred years old.... if that

Comment

they likely were the only countries of importance to the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              we see a map of Tegalus in background at one point, it very clearly only has 2 nation states

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                ^this

for at least jonas's planet, he mentions them being the 3 superpowers. so my guess is that there are other countries just are poorer or not involved in the conflict.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  except most current earth countries are only a few hundred years old.... if that
                  Well, thats just wrong. Boarders may move back and forth through the centuries, altering the size of the countries. And, those countries sprang from many cultures, not just one or two, like the SGverse worlds.
                  sigpic

Comment

The european countries of earth are fairly new.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
                      The european countries of earth are fairly new.
                      Their current borders maybe.
                      sigpic

Comment

I assume partly because their populations are much smaller, and partly because it's less messing about for the writers.

Comment

how many countries can you think of that are 2000 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                            how many countries can you think of that are 2000 years old?
                            When did i claim that? You said they were a few hundred, if that, i said it you were wrong. Where did 2000 years come from? You dont need to be 2000 years old to be more than a few hundred or less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, thats just wrong. Boarders may move back and forth through the centuries, altering the size of the countries. And, those countries sprang from many cultures, not just one or two, like the SGverse worlds.
                              "thats just wrong" yeah I suppose it is....except for all the countries in the Americas....and all the countries in sub saharan Africa....and all the countries that gained independence after European colonialism finished meaning Australia, new Zealand, India, Pakistani, and a big chunk of middle east just to name a few of the top of my head

Comment

Working...
                              X