This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanger Bay Sizes

would an al'kesh fit in a 304 hanger bay or is it to tall and if so how tall is the bay?
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

No clue, they haven't said.

Comment

I assumed the al'kesh was bigger than the hanger bay maybe the Tel'tak would fit in the bays.

Comment

I think an Al'kesh would be far too big. Why this is in the SGU folder however I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
          I assumed the al'kesh was bigger than the hanger bay maybe the Tel'tak would fit in the bays.
          You have right! The Al'kesh is big but the Tel'tak could fit in the hangar bay.

Comment

You could check the stargate wikia for the measurements of an alkesh and F-302 (since there are 2x8 F-302s in a 304) and do the math. The site isn't the most reliable, but for lack of better information...
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              You could check the stargate wikia for the measurements of an alkesh and F-302 (since there are 2x8 F-302s in a 304) and do the math. The site isn't the most reliable, but for lack of better information...
              I would say totally not reliable, there is no way they could know just how big they are, however, they have released canon info on the dimensions of the F-302. And maybe the Death Glider.

Comment

The info is sourced, but since I don't have the Stargate SG-1: The DVD Collection *number* I can't double check. But if there's no other information out there working with this would be better than just taking a guess.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

thanks fems i was trying to see if the alkesh was to tall for the bay and so far i can't find a height dimension since a wraith scout ship fit which was taller then a 302 and this is in the SGU discussion mainly cause i screwed up i meant to put it in the SG-1 or SGA topic
                  sigpic

Comment

Based on this screen capture, I don't think anything bigger than an F-302 or a Death Glider would fit in the hanger. I can't see a Goa'uld cargo ship fitting in there, because of it's ginormous hump.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      Based on this screen capture, I don't think anything bigger than an F-302 or a Death Glider would fit in the hanger. I can't see a Goa'uld cargo ship fitting in there, because of it's ginormous hump.
                      What are those gray areas with the yellow/black lines around it? Looks like they could be where an F-302 is supposed to be...
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Scaling has never been Stargate's vis effect's team's strong point. In fact I'm pretty sure they've said before that they make little effort to get it right at all, and just try to make the shots look 'cool' instead. Very difficult to get a good looking shot with all the vast distances involved, which is why the zooming and moving around in the BSG space scenes was so effective.

Comment

My guess is either a lift to a maintenance bay below or space doors.

Comment

Four (or more) in a row on the floor? Also look at the slope of the walls, doesn't look like a lift or space door to me.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

didn't the cargo bay have a lift door in the episode of SGA where the apollo did a preemptive strike on the asurans? im more worried about the night and not the length since a wraith scout ship fits
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X