Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    I don't want the Daniel character killed off. I just want the old absent minded, allergy prone, nose in a book, morally torn, rumpled romantic archaeologist back. I expected him to learn fighting skills, but I never expected him to morph into "black ops" Daniel. At the very least, he, or old friends, should be worried about the changes in him. It doesn't seem realistic.
    Yeah, whatever happened to the earnestness, the knowledge hungry Daniel... and more importantly... the allergies????... Did Ascension cure his allergies or something?
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes and no. Early on, in 'The Broca Divide', Dr. Fraiser mentioned that both "Dr. Jackson and I take strong anti-histamines to treat acute rhinitis." This was the cause of his allergies and Daniel had still taken them up until 'Meridian', when he ascended. After his ascension, however, the rhinitis was cured. How it was cured, we'll never know.
      "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Well, allergies do take a while to develop. They got his body back. I'm assuming it's a new one. Yes, his allergies should show up this season.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Maybe he's so arrogantly determined that he's right (as he always is) that he ignores the warnings from everyone around him and the tell-tale signs he should be able to read himself and the results are... spectacularly disastrous.

Gee, where have I heard that before?
          I think I've seen that episode ... er, those episodes.

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozi:

For us Teal'c fans---do you and/or the other writers plan on writing any stories for Teal'c. I don't mean just any thing so Teal'c 'will have something to do'; but an excellent story arc for Teal'c that is great in character-development and also in character portrayal---something to really make Christopher Judge sink his acting chops into. That guy has repeatedly shown what an excellent actor he is when given the opportunity to show it. We Teal'c fans hate to see him wallpapered and/or propping up the other characters.

What do the writers (yourself included) have in store for Teal'c? Good things we hope. Also, does Christopher Judge plan on doing any writing at all for season 10? He's a very good writer.

Comment

Well, allergies do take a while to develop. They got his body back. I'm assuming it's a new one. Yes, his allergies should show up this season.
              One would think so... I've had hay fever since I was 11... while it comes and goes, I've never been able to shake it completely. Wasn't there a cat lurking about on more than one occasion???? I seem to remember it being during pre-ascension days????
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                He's been known to read and reply to the discussion thread (here), if for no other reason than to make me look bad.
                hey maat i do not think he is trying to make u look bad
                carter "colone?"
                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                  Daniel dies... again.

Father figure?

If he turns out to be an ancient or ancient descendant I'm going to be fairly fricking annoyed.

ETA: Whoops! Forgot to list Daniel as the season's big bad.
                  lmao at the pic
                  carter "colone?"
                  o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                    Daniel dies... again.

Father figure?

If he turns out to be an ancient or ancient descendant I'm going to be fairly fricking annoyed.

A famous guest star with a deep booming voice, "Daniel, I...AM...YOUR...FATHER." ??

Comment

A famous guest star with a deep booming voice, "Daniel, I...AM...YOUR...FATHER." ??
                      Daniel's father was an Unas?? Actually, that could explain a lot.

Comment

The "original" Unas did sound a lot like Darth Unas.

Comment

The "original" Unas did sound a lot like Darth Unas.
                          Sounded more like *cough*Chewbacca*cough* to me...
                          sigpic

Comment

TPTB Fan Fic Warning:
                            If you are
                            a writer
                            or executive producer
                            of the
                            SG franchise,
                            you should
                            avoid this post;
                            it probably
                            qualifies as
                            fan fic.
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            -
                            Inspired by the "Teal'c's possible pet" discussion /joke:

[SG-1 and Landry visit Teal'c's quarters to meet Teal'c's new pet, just arrived from off world. Teal'c removes the small animal from the travel kennel, showing unusual gentleness as he pets it.]

Mitchell: Y'know, Teal'c, that critter looks like a cross between a raccoon and an armadillo.

Landry: Have you decided on a name for your pet?

Teal'c [looking at Landry]: Is it customary to give a name to an animal?

Carter: Sure, remember Cassie's dog, Boomer?

Mitchell: How about IR...for Intergalactic Roadkill?

[Carter, Jackson, and Landry try to hide their amusement; Teal'c looks puzzled]

Mitchell [after a beat]:Better be careful with the little guy...if he gets loose, he might end up on the menu in the cafeteria. Some people think raccoons and armadillos are " good eatin' ".

[Teal'c gives Mitchell a quizzical look which becomes slightly horrified as he gets the joke.]

Jackson: Wonder if it would taste like chicken?

[Carter and Landry can't hold back, burst out laughing. Teal'c gives one of his rare grins.]

[BLACKOUT]

See revision two posts below. gam
                            Last edited by Gilder; 21 November 2005, 09:00 PM.
                            Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Say it aint so, Joe!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...sg-1icas.shtml

Comment

TPTB Fan Fic Warning:
                                If you are
                                a writer
                                or executive producer
                                of the
                                SG franchise,
                                you should
                                avoid this post;
                                it probably
                                qualifies as
                                fan fic.
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                -
                                "Teal'c's Pet"
                                In collaboration with Helena of Selmak.org

[SG-1 and Landry visit Teal'c's quarters to meet Teal'c's new pet, just arrived from off world. Teal'c removes the small animal from the travel kennel, showing unusual gentleness as he pets it.]

Mitchell: Y'know, Teal'c, that critter looks like a cross between a raccoon and an armadillo.

Landry: Have you decided on a name for your pet?

Teal'c [looking at Landry]: It is customary to name a companion animal?

Carter: Sure. Remember Cassie's dog, Boomer?

Mitchell [winking at Jackson]: How about IR...for Intergalactic Roadkill?

[Carter, Jackson, and Landry try to hide their amusement; Teal'c looks puzzled]

Mitchell [deadpan]: Good thing Hammond isn't here. They eat roadkill for breakfast in Texas. {beat} Or so I've been told.

Landry: So THAT'S what I had! I thought it was shoe leather.

Jackson: Shoe Leather?

Landry [shrugs shoulders]. Put a lot of hot sauce on it, it's not so bad.

Mitchell [after a beat]: Better be careful, then. If the critter gets loose, he might end up in the cafeteria's mystery meat.

[Teal'c gives Mitchell a quizzical look, eyebrow raised, which becomes slightly horrified as he gets the joke.]

Jackson: Wonder if it would taste like chicken?

[Carter and Landry can't hold back, burst out laughing. Mitchell and Jackson exchange a low-five. Teal'c gives one of his rare grins and places the racadillo on his shoulder; it chitters at the humans as if it is giggling.]

[BLACKOUT]
                                Last edited by Gilder; 21 November 2005, 09:01 PM.
                                Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X