X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Reorganizes US and International TV Divisions

MGM reorganises US and int'l TV divisions
    19/07/11

Hollywood producer and distributor MGM has reorganised its US and international television divisions.

This comes after the studio appointed former Chum and NBC Universal executive Roma Khanna as president of its television and digital arm.

The company has hired Vinicio Espinosa as VP, Latin American Television Distribution. He joins from Brazilian production company Corisco Films and will report to Chris Ottinger, who was recently promoted to president of international television distribution and acquisitions following the departure of Gary Marenzi.

Meanwhile, it has promoted Vicky Gregorian, who joined MGM in March 2011, to senior VP, domestic television distribution. She will sell MGM's movie packages including Stargate Universe and Stargate Atlantis in the United States.

Susan Hummel has been promoted to senior VP, US basic cable and Canada, where she will sell MGM movies and TV series including Teen Wolf, which has been picked up for a second season by MTV, to Canadian broadcasters as well as US cable broadcasters.

Separately, it has upped Damien Marin to senior VP, pay television and digital media. Marin was previously VP, worldwide on demand and digital media.
    Thought this could be useful for any campaigns still on the go.

Meanwhile, it has promoted Vicky Gregorian, who joined MGM in March 2011, to senior VP, domestic television distribution. She will sell MGM's movie packages including Stargate Universe and Stargate Atlantis in the United States.
    Since when has SG been movie packages?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Since when has SG been movie packages?
      Yeah, that's what I was wondering, too.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

What's the source of this article?

Comment

http://tbivision.com/article.php?cat...7&article=2261

Comment

It doesn't look like an official MGM announcement.

Comment

Another article at Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/mgm-bolsters-l...170010324.html) has the following quote:

Gregorian will spearhead sales of MGM Television’s syndicated product, including feature film packages, “Stargate Universe,” “Stargate Atlantis,” “Outer Limits,” and third party acquisition sales, including “Cash Cab,” throughout the U.S. She will also oversee national sales of the studio’s digital networks THIS TV and ME TV nationwide, in addition to supervising regional sales managers in the Los Angeles, New York and Dallas markets.
              I think the comma makes the difference.
              sigpic

Comment

You'd think it would be posted here. http://www.mgm.com/news/

Comment

So MGM doesn't own syndication rights for SG1?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    So MGM doesn't own syndication rights for SG1?
                    From the way those articles are written, it seems so. So until MGM makes an official announcement on its website about what's really going on, then I'll be more inclined to believe what's been written.
                    Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 19 July 2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe we will get more SG sooner than we think
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

One can hope..

Comment

to be honest, i don't really know 'what' this news is trying to say to us. can anyone bottom-like it for me?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            to be honest, i don't really know 'what' this news is trying to say to us. can anyone bottom-like it for me?
                            That's what I was trying to figure out. It appears(from the way the story was written) that Atlantis and SGU are going to be offered for sale out right, splitting the franchise. MGM/Spyglass would keep the original Stargate movie and the 10 seasons of SG-1. I didn't see any mention of syndication or rental by a third party for viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              That's what I was trying to figure out. It appears(from the way the story was written) that Atlantis and SGU are going to be offered for sale out right, splitting the franchise. MGM/Spyglass would keep the original Stargate movie and the 10 seasons of SG-1. I didn't see any mention of syndication or rental by a third party for viewing.
                              okay, that helps.

not sure how i feel about it, though...
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X