This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Spyglass aren't interested in Stargate"

Apparently Spyglass aren't interested in Stargate, and that's why the movies couldn't be funded by them/MGM so Brad had to look elsewhere for money. Alaina also talks about the plan for the two movies, one to wrap up SGU and the other as an 'all-star' Stargate cast filmed in Hawaii.
    Last edited by KEK; 28 June 2011, 01:30 AM.

Damn.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ElLpwPwi0

Apparently Spyglass aren't interested in Stargate, and that's why the movies couldn't be funded by them/MGM so Brad had to look elsewhere for money. Alaina also talks about the plan for the two movies, one to wrap up SGU and the other as an 'all-star' Stargate cast filmed in Hawaii.
      Thanks for posting this KEK. Now it makes absolsutely sense why there was never any statement form any MGM official about the fate of any of the stargate series. I guess, that ends the last bit of hope for any kind of new stargate-anything as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
        Thanks for posting this KEK. Now it makes absolsutely sense why there was never any statement form any MGM official about the fate of any of the stargate series. I guess, that ends the last bit of hope for any kind of new stargate-anything as well.
        Not so fast.
        IF(see, it's a big if) Spyglass has no interest in making anymore Stargate, they may just sell off the rights to another company that could be interested in it.

I'll admit it may be a longshot, and we probably would never find out if Spyglass sells the rights, but it is possible. All this really tells me is that Stargate in it's current TV format is dead, and thats something I've accepted quite some time ago (and no, just to be clear that is not a rib at SGU)
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Not so fast.
          IF(see, it's a big if) Spyglass has no interest in making anymore Stargate, they may just sell off the rights to another company that could be interested in it.

I'll admit it may be a longshot, and we probably would never find out if Spyglass sells the rights, but it is possible. All this really tells me is that Stargate in it's current TV format is dead, and thats something I've accepted quite some time ago (and no, just to be clear that is not a rib at SGU)
          they don't want it? sell it!!

i'm 'trying' to listen to this, but i'm having probs hearing what they're saying. can anyone tell me 'where' in this vid that they talk about the movies?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            they don't want it? sell it!!

i'm 'trying' to listen to this, but i'm having probs hearing what they're saying. can anyone tell me 'where' in this vid that they talk about the movies?
            About 9 min.
            sigpic

Comment

All it takes is someone with deep enough pockets who IS interested. Money talks, and when it talks loud enough, they'll sell the rights and it will get made. It might not be next week, but when enough money stands up on its hind legs and yells, most corporate entities will sell their collective grandmothers.

(Meaning that if I ever win a gazillion dollars, maybe I'll try to buy the rights and then you can all come talk to me about what you'd like to see done. No promises; I have my own ideas. But they probably wouldn't piss off too many people, and would only be a partial reboot, which is better than the big blank space we currently have, no?)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                All it takes is someone with deep enough pockets who IS interested. Money talks, and when it talks loud enough, they'll sell the rights and it will get made. It might not be next week, but when enough money stands up on its hind legs and yells, most corporate entities will sell their collective grandmothers.

(Meaning that if I ever win a gazillion dollars, maybe I'll try to buy the rights and then you can all come talk to me about what you'd like to see done. No promises; I have my own ideas. But they probably wouldn't piss off too many people, and would only be a partial reboot, which is better than the big blank space we currently have, no?)
                Damn right!!
                (some may even throw in thier grandads if the price is right )
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just because they're not interested now doesn't mean they think the franchise is worthless. The franchise has a decent track record, and will one day make them money again. They have no reason to sell, and even if they did I don't suppose anyone wants to buy it right now, not for the money it would take to prise it from them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Just because they're not interested now doesn't mean they think the franchise is worthless. The franchise has a decent track record, and will one day make them money again. They have no reason to sell, and even if they did I don't suppose anyone wants to buy it right now, not for the money it would take to prise it from them anyway.
                    Sorry to correct you there but IF Spyglass is interested in the money the franchise bring in they are interested in the franchise. They only don't want to produce new Stargate >for now<, and they won't put money into something that would never bring in enough money to recover the costs.

A single but important difference

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                    Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The insistance upon a sgu first will be the end of the franchise because that sgu won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        The insistance upon a sgu first will be the end of the franchise because that sgu won't happen.
                        i always felt them focusing on *one* aspect of the franchise was a HUGE mistake, even if it wasn't by their/ptb's choice. and now b/c that one aspect (essentially) failed... it's *throwing the baby out with the bath water.

*to get rid of the good parts as well as the bad parts of something when you are trying to improve it.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Sorry to correct you there but IF Spyglass is interested in the money the franchise bring in they are interested in the franchise. They only don't want to produce new Stargate >for now<, and they won't put money into something that would never bring in enough money to recover the costs.

A single but important difference
                          That's pretty much what I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i always felt them focusing on *one* aspect of the franchise was a HUGE mistake, even if it wasn't by their/ptb's choice. and now b/c that one aspect (essentially) failed... it's *throwing the baby out with the bath water.

*to get rid of the good parts as well as the bad parts of something when you are trying to improve it.
                            Though when you think of it, it all comes down to money & business. If they had all the money in the world then I'm sure they would have been more than willing to do SGU, SGA & SG1 movies. But they had limits and decided to take a risk which sadly didn't pay off.
                            Last edited by Tanith0709; 25 June 2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

They weren't gonna risk another bankruptcy. And if they could sell it they would've when they had the chance to save themselves. They probably kept it for the james bond/stargate crossover they always wanted. lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X