This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stonehenge Apocalypse (2010) - a very stargateish movie

I watched this Syfy movie today and it looked like a SG script has been made into non-SG movie. Very weird. There was no gate of course, but all those pyramids and how they were moving and all the story itself. And the actors: Torri Higginson, Peter Wingfield, Aaron Pearl, Michael Kopsa, Nimet Kanji, David Lewis - they were all from SG series. With different soundtrack and SG characters it would have been real SG movie. Watching this felt like an odd déja vu.

It got terrible reviews which had put me off watching it a bit.

Comment

Intrigued! Thanks for posting!
      sigpic
      Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
      "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      etc.....

Comment

I watched this when it was on TV last year I guess. (I'm a Peter Wingfield fan). I found it kind of bad...
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago!
          It's not the movie of the year, but it's very nice! I really enjoyed watching it.
          There's a nice plot, with good actors (Misha Mishaaaaa), I was really surprised because I was expecting to see a bad movie (because of all those terrible reviews).
          sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I did not know of this movie. Maybe I shall have to check it out. Thanks for the info!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Utopia! View Post
              I was really surprised because I was expecting to see a bad movie (because of all those terrible reviews).
              Same here. I was expecting a bad movie, but it turned out pretty exciting.

Comment

Watched it with my son earlier this year but I saw all those recognisable names! We both got that Stargate feel too. I thought it was pretty bad but it was fun to watch some of those actors. My son is 11 and is watching ANY sci-fi/fantasy stuff he can. There were other SyFy movies that I let him watch by himself because I could not figure out what was sci-fi about them.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                X