Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All TV shows end, folks. In the end, we got 214 SG-1 episodes, 100 Atlantis episodes, 40 Universe episodes, and 3 movies.

There's also Sanctuary which will return for a fourth season, it has a strong Stargate vibe going for it. It's fantasy, but it's a great show.

Comment

you know what 'part' of this is for some of us... we *know* it shouldn't be over, b/c we still see SO much more potential and storylines to tell!! it's mgm deciding to stop 'all' stargate, simply b/c one aspect (sgu) failed. again, it's like throwing the baby out with the bath water. *to me*, makes no sense...
      Last edited by majorsal; 27 June 2011, 07:43 PM. Reason: i meant 'shouldn't', not should... i ruined my rant! *rolls eyes at self*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

The ratings across the board have been on an almost consistent downward trend since Atlantis was launched. The movies were canned, and so was the game. 10 seasons of one show, 5 of another, and 2 of the latest. It's painfully obvious that the franchise is delivering diminishing returns, and has been for years now. This is not a simple case of two shows being a success and one not, it's a stark trend that the money men are obviously not going to ignore. In fact were Atlantis not afforded the advantages that it was, the trend might have been even starker.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          you know what 'part' of this is for some of us... we *know* it should be over, b/c we still see SO much more potential and storylines to tell!! it's mgm deciding to stop 'all' stargate, simply b/c one aspect (sgu) failed. again, it's like throwing the baby out with the bath water. *to me*, makes no sense...
          It's not purely because SGU was canned. Ending Stargate was a business decision. SG-1 was cancelled for being too expensive, but MGM had enough faith in it to make two movies. Atlantis was cancelled to make room for Universe which either Wright or MGM was pushing for. The plan was to continue Atlantis as a film series parallel with SGU. There was also talk of a third SG-1 film revolving around O'Neill. Ultimately, that would have been the SGC going public. Supposedly, the DVD market has been declining, but I call nonsense on this. I see as many DVD releases as theatrical. I think that's just PR to avoid declaring the script too expensive to film. As for SGU... crappy ratings, friends. I didn't watch, so I'll say this... good shows get cancelled all the time. If people aren't watching, if the business doesn't profit, why renew the show?

It's not this big mystery as to why SG ended. It's frustrating for the SGU fans, but how do ya'll think fans of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles feel?

Comment

Working...
          X