This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld could finance the next movie

I would gladly pledge some $$$ if there was a way for fans to pay for the filming of the next movie. GW seems like an obvious host for that kind of a thing. Also, GW could use the profits to finance another. What do you think?

btw if I knew how to make this a poll question I would have. Moderators please feel free.

This has been discussed in other threads to some level. It's been proven to be almost impossible.

Comment

well if GW actually takes up the challenge I will mail them $100.00 today.

Comment

It would be amazing if we could pull it off but I fear that raising the millions that would be needed would be much harder than we could imagine.
        Still, if GW took the task on officially I'd donate.

Comment

MGM CANNOT accept money like this. And if they could there is no legal obligation that they would have to use the money to fund Stargate.

Comment

I truly wish this were possible, but as Escyos said I'm fairly sure MGM couldn't accept viewers money donations to produce a certain movie, they'd most likely refuse to accept it or spend it on some random other project.

I totally would donate some money though if there was some way to make this possible. Stargate and Firefly would be the only two shows I'd probably donate money to actually have the story continue.

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

How in the world do you control what MGM does, who they hire, and even what the movie would be about?

Comment

you put the writing back in the hands of the writers who, as Mallozzi has shown recently, already have a headstart. Also GW has meet almost all of the actors. I'm sure they could contact them directly and say hey this is what we're up to, would you waive your usual fee to do this on the cheap? I'm sure most of the actors would be happy to do this for the fans.

Comment

you take the same approach AT took when she started Sanctuary

Comment

Uhm, there's a big reason why producers pitch shows/films to companies such as MGM instead of trying to find a way to make it themselves. Also even though a lot of the actors are good people who care about the fans, they still need to put food on the table & would need to get paid.

In the unlikely event that fans managed to cover the costs of a movie (which to me would be in a fantasy land) there is no legal obligation for them to even make it. Also what would happen if a fair number of fans who donate are displeased with the final product and end up wanting their money back?

Comment

GateWorld Pictures Presents...

STARGATE

yeah have gateworld buy it. Start low budget. if there is a will there is a way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                          GateWorld Pictures Presents...

STARGATE

yeah have gateworld buy it. Start low budget. if there is a will there is a way.
                          i actually think doing stargate as webisodes, like the way sanctuary started, would be pretty awesome.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by schlemmbot View Post
                            you put the writing back in the hands of the writers who, as Mallozzi has shown recently, already have a headstart. Also GW has meet almost all of the actors. I'm sure they could contact them directly and say hey this is what we're up to, would you waive your usual fee to do this on the cheap? I'm sure most of the actors would be happy to do this for the fans.
                            TPTW may not be the first choice to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil70 View Post
                              Stargate and Firefly would be the only two shows I'd probably donate money to actually have the story continue.
                              yeah i agree with you 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X